Poll: Is fallout 3 better than Oblivion?

supermaster1337

Apr 22, 2009
My friends have had this discussion over and over.
I honestly believe it is Oblivion but i would like your opinions too with valid reasons.

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
I prefer oblivion, I just liked the fact it was so open and beautiful (and my +100 speed on touch on my horse made for fun times)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
One of them is part of what my account was named after, one of them was left unfinished due to boredom.

Completely different games due to the settings. Settings can make or break a game. And the Wasteland broke it for me.

Fallout 3 is a 1/10 compared to Oblivion, and a 10/10 compared to other games.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I prefferred Fallout 3, primarily because to me Scifi > Fantasy.
Having said that I still didn't like Fallout 3's shooting mechanic.

Psychosocial said:
VS threads, my arch nemesis.
At least it's about games and not Chuck Norris vs Joseph Stalin vs Samurai Jack.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Echolocating said:
Pong is better than Oblivion.
Says the person with a EVE online avatar.

I voted Oblivion. It's much more 'WOW' that Fallout 3

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm much more fond of Fallout 3... it's got a more focused story, a more interesting setting and better combat. Though I prefer Oblivions basic levelling system and their quest threads to Fallout 3... Oblivion just feels... bigger.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
My opinion is that Fallout 3 is the better game.

It is more immersive than Oblivion, and the I prefer it's levelling system to Oblivion's.
Mainly because you don't have to run in a corner for hours in Fallout. Killing enemies gives you a set amount of xp, and enemies don't level when you do.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
Psychosocial said:
VS threads, my arch nemesis.
At least it's about games and not Chuck Norris vs Joseph Stalin vs Samurai Jack.
Samurai Jack by a mile.

And one of my problems lies in the leveling system of Fallout 3. They force you to use Skill Points in certain catagories, like Lockpicking, thus limiting your potential.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
Yes, but...this is like saying Nixon was better than Bush. I thought both games had severe problems to me, but that's probably because I thought Morrowind was the best game Bethesda ever put out and neither measure up. Fallout 3 was...just dry. I didn't think any of the characters were well-defined, the story could never hold my interest, and it had one wallbanger of an ending. Oblivion suffered from similar story and character problems with the added problems of horrible voice acting and truly pointless side quests. Both games also featured bland worlds. If you've seen one rocky waste in Fallout 3, you've seen them all. Same can be said about the generic countryside in Oblivion. At least Fallout 3 had a bit more tension to it, but I found it trying to hard to be a FPS with the RPG elements simply tacked on. But I seem to disagree with the majority on this, so what do I know?

Flying Pilgrim

Apr 24, 2009
I may have enjoyed Oblivion,but the class system forced you to play as a Strength Oriented Character.The melee combat had me hitting my follower by accident constantly!,but in Fallout 3 the game focused more on ranged combat.I could play a Stealth Oriented character without getting my Arse kicked every time I engaged in combat.

May 7, 2008
SmilingKitsune said:
while I adore both, I Fallout 3 is the better game.

the start of the game takes you in better...

i tried 6 times with oblivion..feeling the same ith fallout really but its just got ''something'' that makes you want too keep playing.