Poll: Is fallout 3 better than Oblivion?

Quelthazar

Jan 26, 2009
For me both games were very good. Although they had theyr flaws like Oblivions bad dialogs or FO 3's very small character customization they both were still good games... after adding a few mods. I'd say they are equal because one is a futuritic fps style RPG and the other is a epic old world RPG. Mostly i liked both games because the stealth existed and it was very realisticly challenging. It wasn't "made for 5 year olds" like in thief where stealth was just made so easy that a 5 year old could master it which also made it unreal and for those who think that the stealth didn't exist or was just to difficult... then i'd say stealth gameplay isn't for you.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I personally think that Oblivion was better. Fallout 3 is a great game, but i got into Oblivion much more than Fallout.

I don't really know why, I just like mythical beings and monsters and shit more than mutants.
Its just so much of a downer to me. I got so depressed when I played Fallout and I feel much better when I play Oblivion.

Besides, the quests in Oblivion are better than Fallout

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
zralbot said:
Technically, Fallout comes out slightly ahead now that they've resolved the "crash every ten minutes" issues. Storywise... they're about par, I suppose, both equally mediocre. Combatwise they're about equal as well, with pretty much the same justification as the story. Really, the choice between the two comes down to whether you prefer to stare at trees or broken concrete all day. Me, I like staring at Windex bottles. The blue is invading my soul.
This kids about right.

People are going to choose there preferd game based more on if they like shoot and guns, or swords and magic.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
As much as I loved Oblivion, I like Fallout 3 even better. The one thing Oblivion has over Fallout 3 (at least at first) is a more colorful and nicer looking game world. Fallout 3, world is bleak and barren (as it should be after a nuclear holocaust) but it gets really depressing after playing for a couple of hours straight.

Other than that, Fallout 3 has Oblivion beat in every other way. The combat system is far superior in Fallout 3. The NPC's look better and have more interesting conversations (some of them anyway) than they do in Oblivion. The weapons and armour may not look as cool as they do in Oblivion, but they are more useful. Sure, you still find a lot of random, kind of useless junk when scrounging around in Fallout 3 like you did in Oblivion. But at least in Fallout 3, you can actually use the junk as ammo for one of the guns or for crafting together with other junk to make something useful once you get the plans for it. You also seem to get more of a sense of consequence for your decisions and actions in Fallout 3 than you did in Oblivion.

kryptik102

May 17, 2009
In my opinion, I find them boring after a while.
I mean yeah, living in a post WW3 Nuclear Holocaust world would be kinda fun(Wait, no it wouldn't!! That would suck major Jhonson!!) and killing demons from another plain(Yeah, that's more like) would be kinda awesome for about.. A day? Maybe even Three?
But once you get up to a certain point in the games, you just think: "Wow.. Suck. I just wasted 36 hours of my life on something as bad as this. Right. Back to TF2 it is!"

Brisingr

May 22, 2009
I prefered Oblivion, more to do in it, the wastelands felt very confined comnpared to cyrodiil. Also it didn't force you to stop playing it when you finished the main Quest. Both really great games though.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I have yet to play Fallout 3 yet I love oblivion soley because there I get to be an Argonian. You know lizard man. I love being the full speed full jumping argonian named Zukan bounding from building to building.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Oblivion kicks Fallout 3's arse, simply because the world just feels... plausible. It feels like in some other world, it could all be actually happening. I never once got that feeling from Fallout 3, so hence I think Oblivion's better.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
I`m suprised that so many people love fallout 3 i thought it was utterly dull i borrowed it for a week and gave it back within 5 days i just couldn`t be arsed with it oblivion took me nearly 18 months to track down and finish most quests.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I'd have to go with Oblivion here, I loved that game and still love it. Then again I'm a fan of fantasy and not that much of a fan of post apocalyptic games.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
urprobablyright said:
*ahem*

[small]...dare i? ...[/small]

[HEADING=3]Morrowind.[/HEADING]
The best game ever made, but it's not in the poll.

This is a Fallout/Obby comparison, you're off topic ;).