Poll: Is stealing the other team's vehicles in competitive multiplayer cheap/unfair?

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Normally it takes a lot of skill or luck to sneak into an enemy base unnoticed and hijack an enemy vehicle.

As if this is happening the enemy aren't defending properly.

But it is Cheap if you then spend the rest of the round driving around their base shooting people as they spawn

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
ReadyAmyFire said:
That fills me with hate. So much fucking hate.

OT: Despite the previous comment I think its perfectly fair. One of the best moments I had in BFBC2 was when I spent about 10 minutes trying to get an enemy helicopter for my whinning friend and then proceeding to crash it on landing.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
randomsix said:
Guffe said:
Hell no!
As you said, they don't want it and you take the risk to steal it. You get it and it's yours.
I mean case in point BF is supposed to be somewhat "realistic" shooter, well you don't see people moaning in real war about cheating if someone steals your vehicle. If you fight 8 on 8 first to 50 in war game... There's only one rule. = Any means neccessary!
You also don't see every run of the mill frontline soldier knowing how to operate enemy machinery in real war either.

OT: Taking an abandoned vehicle? Great. Do it.

Taking a vehicle inside a contestable area? Great. Do it.

Taking a vehicle inside an uncappable base, like one that is obviously meant to be a primary staging area? Hell no. It is bad game design if you are able to. There would be guards and sentries and other failsafes in such a base, but these are difficult to program, and no one wants to be stuck with base duty when they log on to play. Add to this the fact that it is much easier to get away with a vehicle because it is a game, not a simulator, and the resulting situation is that it is much easier to make off with hardware from what should be a very secure base than it should be.
I can certainly see the point you're making.
But isn't there an option to completely remove vehicles? I know there is in Halo and if you don't want them to be stolen because you think it's unfair, create a game with no vehicles.
And yeah, programing a defensive system into a game like you mentioned would defineatly be a hard thing to accomplish.
I still stand for it not being cheating or unfair, just play with enough players so someone can play defensive, I usually like to play a "sentry/supporting" char in games and I can't be the only one? o_O

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
No, if something in your area is of benefit to the enemy, clearly it should be better protected, or used against them
If they can get to your vehicles to use them, that's their benefit