Poll: Is the Doctor (Doctor Who) Gay?

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
yes, i could have just said, "is doctor who gay?" but i like to be accurate and correct, ok?

alright, so he flirted with River but he was waving his hands around like Bernard Black on a Saturday when she was kissing him and backed away from her afterwards, also he prances around the place all the time, frequently boasts of men who were attracted to him and described Amy's friend Jeff as "good-looking", i dunno, it's just the feeling i get! what do we think?

also, River frequently kissing the doctor could mostly refer to future regenerations

edit: ok, a lot of people are bringing up stuff like Rose and the doctor's kids, don't forget, we're talking about the current doctor, anything can change after regeneration!

edit: sorry it's a bit late, there's the Bi option

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
interspark said:
yes, i could have just said, "is doctor who gay?" but i like to be accurate and correct, ok?

alright, so he flirted with River but he was waving his hands around like Bernard Black on a Saturday when she was kissing him and backed away from her afterwards, also he prances around the place all the time, frequently boasts of men who were attracted to him and described Amy's friend Jeff as "good-looking", i dunno, it's just the feeling i get! what do we think?

also, River frequently kissing the doctor could mostly refer to future regenerations
Right. Because a man that is found attractive by other men and/or who recognize when other men are attractive simply MUST be gay.

Really enlightened question you have there.

HerbertTheHamster said:
I really doubt the BBC would dare to air that, considering doctor who is a family/kids show.
Is Torchwood considered a family/kids show? (Neither is considered a kids show over here, so I really can't tell.)

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Um here is a question for you. Just because a guy prances around and says that a guy is good looking does not mean that he is gay. Also please note that he is an aliens and therefore not human and also weird by their standards as well.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
HerbertTheHamster said:
I really doubt the BBC would dare to air that, considering doctor who is a family/kids show.
what are you talking about?! Jack was incredibly gay!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
interspark said:

We're talking this current doctor, right? I say wait to see if he resists Captain Jack Harkness again - if he ever makes a re-appearance that is. If he does, he's straighter than straight.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
interspark said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
what are you talking about?! Jack was incredibly gay!
Oh yeah, shit. What the fuck am I talking about.

Fairly certain the 11th is asexual, considering how weird his character is.

Jack was bi, btw :p

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Right. Because a man that is found attractive by other men and/or who recognize when other men are attractive simply MUST be gay.

Really enlightened question you have there.
thanks for the sarcasm, cos that's reeeeeally appreciated! it's just a theory! at no point did i say that it was 100%
SomeLameStuff said:
Two words.

Rose Tyler.
another word "Regenerated" anything can happen!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
Is Torchwood considered a family/kids show? (Neither is considered a kids show over here, so I really can't tell.)
I think I read an article where the creators of Torchwood explained it was a spinoff for adults. I could be wrong, but it is considerably darker, and has quite a bit more sex.

Though, Captain Jack was in Doctor Who, and he was still bi there, so I guess that answers whether or not BBC thinks that's okay for families.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
In previous series, he's made allusions to his wedding and the fact that he was a father. No, I don't believe so.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
It really, really isn't. Series one, episode one. Jack gets shot right in the face. Not exactly frolicking through the fields stuff.
Series one, episode two, an alien that feeds by having sex with men and then disintegrating them as they climax. I'd watch that with my family! /joking sarcasm

In all honesty, no, but I wouldn't rule out pansexuality. I would say bisexuality, but that would exclude genderless/hermaphroditic races.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
He's a Time Lord who flies around the universe saving planets, fighting monsters, and let's face it, being pretty sort of marvelous...he's probably pulled a Jack Harkness more than once...

If any one Time Lord is gay, it's...

And that's just the outfit!!!

Sorry, "I always Drezz for the occasion" may be a badass line when said to your grandmother, but I remain un-intimidated, pansy boy...

Aerowaves

Sep 10, 2009
He had a granddaughter once, so he can't be. He also had a major thing going for Rose.

His current incarnation is a bit eccentric and academic - revelling in defying societal norms - but he's still him, and I can't see sexual preference changing regardless of hilarious Comic Relief specials. Also he and Amy have a definite vibe, whereas if he was gay he would have been quite open about it (Torchwood etc.).