Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
Simple question, I had an arguament about the quality of the simpsons with a friend. And I need opinions both as comments and votes. I won't say my opinion in case you go against me just to piss me off

EDIT: Due to mass (2) demands I am going to add a neutral poll answer

ranc0re

Mar 27, 2009
I stopped watching the Simpsons about 4 years ago, I just couldn't stand it anymore. The show seems to have forgotten what makes a story any good, and all of the jokes are *facepalm* worthy.

leburn

Mar 19, 2009
I still enjoy the Simpsons but I'm more into Futurama, Family Guy and American Dad to be honest.

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
I stopped watching around season 12. Its sad, because I have pretty much memorized every single episode before that, I loved that show so much.

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
I've stopped watching it. I think I just feel every plotline has been done and they've gone too surreal. I mean, it was funny back when stuff like the monorail episode could happen without some stupid cultural humor reference, the awful pig-milking that we saw in the movie.

Nossy

Jul 18, 2008
The Simpsons have gotten progressively worse since around Season 8. The movie I liked, but I hardly watch the actual show anymore.

Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.

d_str1fe

Apr 11, 2009
implodingMan said:
I stopped watching around season 12. Its sad, because I have pretty much memorized every single episode before that, I loved that show so much.
This

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Most of the old fans say it went downhill mid season 9 and continued to get worse as it continued. I do not watch the show any more and hated the film when I saw it on DVD.

Futurama however is amazing. I loved those films.

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
there's no poll option that accurately represent my opinion...

yes I still watch it, but there has been a gradual downward slope in the quality of the writing and gags...ah well, only a few more episodes left before the final end...

Sergeant M. Fudgey

Mar 26, 2009
Nossy said:
The Simpsons have gotten progressively worse since around Season 8. The movie I liked, but I hardly watch the actual show anymore.

Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.
Pretty much what you said.

FlameOfArnor

Apr 8, 2009
unfortunately after this long ideas do start to run low and it has declined from it's hayday but it's still a good show

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
People expect the series to stay the same as they remember...its not better or worse, its just different.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
It's still the best thing on TV, but that's not really hard to accomplish anyways.

Even though the series has went downhill since ~ '98 it never has become REALLY bad.