Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I still watch it every day on channel 4, but I dont have skyone so I havent been able to get upto date with it, I perfer Family Guy more then The simpsons these days, ho and for any family guys in Briton with a freview box or more, Theres a family guy onibus on BBC Three.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Stoped watching tv 5 years ago havent watched a show since and dont intend to start again, but even back then it was loosing its funny grip so ill go vit my gut and say Noooooooooooooooo.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
The Simpsons have been on life support for years now. Southpark also seems to be on its last legs so everyone hope to whatever you believe in that the new Futurama episodes are solid.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Nossy said:
Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.
yeah cause we all know that Futurama is a highly rated and successful tv series, oh wait it was canceled and probly finished for good now

so yes he should be unemployed instead of having a highly successful tv series

Nossy

Jul 18, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
Nossy said:
yeah cause we all know that Futurama is a highly rated and successful tv series, oh wait it was canceled and probly finished for good now

He's been making Futurama movies, so he can still continue them since DvD sales have been good.

KosherGreenBean

Mar 31, 2009
The older episodes are much better than the new ones, but I'm still watching them and hoping that it gets better.

Bibliomancer

Apr 17, 2009
It has gotten worse, but I don't blame them. The Simpsons has been on TV for so long, that I would imagine that it would be next to impossible to come up with funny jokes or plots that they haven't already done.

Condiment

Apr 16, 2009
I cannot stand the Simpsons now, they have change the style of humour it represens. The Movie was awful, The best episodes came from between 1992-2000.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
hmm, i think i stopped watching it after around episode 300 (i distinctly remember it because Sky made such a big deal about it) and whilst i enjoyed said episode it just didnt have the same charm as it had previously...

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
It's not that great, but it's still funnier than some of the other crap on TV.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
Sewblon said:
The Simpsons have been on life support for years now. Southpark also seems to be on its last legs so everyone hope to whatever you believe in that the new Futurama episodes are solid.
The difference between South Park and the simpsons however is that South Park keeps reinventing itself every few seasons, keeping it fresh constantly. Sure, this recent season has not been amazing, but i thoroughly enjoyed season 12; it was hugely diverse and completely different to anything i had ever seen before.
As long as South Park can keep reinventing itself it should do well for a couple more seasons :p Simpsons on the other hand died many a year ago, and quite frankly they should have quit whilst they were ahead and kept their dignity...

samsprinkle

Jun 29, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
Nossy said:

Look man. I don't want to see a flame war. But don't dis the Futur!(ama!)

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
I stopped watching it sometime during high school. I later went and saw the movie but laughed only once during it. It seemed completely stupid to me and I felt like leaving before the movie was over to save my dignity.

The style and humour has definitely changed; perhaps the humour of the target audience has changed as well.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
ohellynot said:
Simple question, I had an arguament about the quality of the simpsons with a friend. And I need opinions both as comments and votes. I won't say my opinion in case you go against me just to piss me off
We could still go against you to piss you off.
"Stop being neutral, you neutral scum!"
Or something less stupid, and more hateful.
I like "The Simpsons" a lot, but that is probably because I'm not that old.

pemich

Sep 14, 2008
Nostalgia; it was never really that good. I liked the character development epps. These days I only watch it if I'm bored, most of the time there's something better on anyway.