Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
tk1989 said:
Sewblon said:
The Simpsons have been on life support for years now. Southpark also seems to be on its last legs so everyone hope to whatever you believe in that the new Futurama episodes are solid.
The difference between South Park and the simpsons however is that South Park keeps reinventing itself every few seasons, keeping it fresh constantly. Sure, this recent season has not been amazing, but i thoroughly enjoyed season 12; it was hugely diverse and completely different to anything i had ever seen before.
As long as South Park can keep reinventing itself it should do well for a couple more seasons :p Simpsons on the other hand died many a year ago, and quite frankly they should have quit whilst they were ahead and kept their dignity...
South Park is not as bad but its current season is just awkward and uncomfortable to the point of being painful for me. Also, I don't like how it is focusing on the ancillary characters right now, I mostly just watch it for Eric Cartman.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think its getting worse, I just think its changing. It changed a lot from how it used to be, and so naturally a lot of people who have watched it from the beginning now feel alienated, whereas I'm sure people that have only just started watching it, don't like the older episodes as much.

TheMasterGL16

Jan 31, 2009
I still watch it... but I was watching some re-runs from some older seasons and DAMN... they were hillarious... now it just feels like somthing to watch. I remember excitedly awaiting the new episode as I do now with South Park. But Alas I feel it may never recapture how it was about 6 seasons back.

EDIT:

So in short yes... it has gone down hill, but yes I DO still watch it.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
I want another option. I think it's getting better and better. I seriously can't watch the first few seasons of simpsons, they're just... Horrible. It's child abuse and moralizing lectures, and virtually no humour at all. The newer seasons are far-fetched and disconnected from reality - just like cartoons should be.

... Not to mention the drawing style and the voice acting from the beginning. Scares me.

Edit: Bad translation of a swedish expression... I should really go to bed.

Uncle Colin

Oct 16, 2008
I hate that show now, they're trying at that random comment thing and it just doesn't work out.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
It became shit sometime around season 15 and has shot downward since. The final ax to the camel's back was that horrid episode "That 90's Episode", which was so dreadful, so fucking retarded that it caused my entire family to stop watching that piece of crap that was once a proud and hilarious half hour of joy. Now, it's just the pulped remains from the long dead horse.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
The Simpsons has been going downhill ever since season 15 ended, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 have all been on a downward spiral into crappiness, its still fun to watch, but the stories keep repeating themselfs a bit, so the best thing to do would be if Matt Groening called it quits and ended with dignity instead of prolonging the series into the stage where it's crap.

End while its still good!

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Yes, definetly. I haven't watched it since...around the time the movie came out. Maybe before. A long time ago.

My theory about what happened is that it started as a cartoon for adults, and that was when they had good stuff. But as they realized it was more and more popular among little kids, they dumbed it down until it's the same as a regular cartoon for kids. Which is not good for the people who started watching it for what it was at first.

But man, it was a good show back when. I've been telling myself it's dead or cancelled or whatever because it's too sad to realize what it has become. Seriously, I've just about completely forgotten about it.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Where is the poll option for 'It has gone downhill, but its still watchable'

Simpsons will never be as good as it was a few years ago, before they started tackling issues and crap like that. Back when it was all about mindless drivel.

lonercs

Jun 6, 2008
It's still cool, it's still cool. You watch later! You watch later! In fact I got to watch more...off topic, someone add me or I will FIRE MEH LAZAR BLAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
I wouldn't know. Here in Holland, two random episodes are on tv every week.

They're so random, we could get the same show twice in a month, and a Christmas episode in the summer.