Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
Seems like now it's just "How Many Famous People Can We Cram Into 30 Mintues: The Show". I stopped watching a season or 2 ago.

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
Nossy said:
The Simpsons have gotten progressively worse since around Season 8. The movie I liked, but I hardly watch the actual show anymore.

Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.
Surly If he did futurama in the same way wouldnt that get gradually worse as well.
I think he should end futurama after the 4 short films, with the occesional special

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
I preferred the style of writing and the presentation of simpsons seasons 1 - 10 (8 was my favorite). The new seasons are still solid entertainment, but they've drifted away from things that I really liked. Not that I blame them - they've cranked out more than 400 episodes at this point.

It's as such difficult for me to say if it's getting worse. I don't like it as much, but that doesn't mean it's worse. It might just be different. Having not regularly watched the simpsons since season 10, watching season 20 is just such a shocking experience.

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
It's average at best now, but it used to be pure brilliance. I've seen some newer episodes and it does have the occasional gem (and some which are even worse than the rest) but it just isn't that good any more. I enjoyed the movie but the rest is mostly between mediocre and terrible.

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
Nossy said:
yeah cause we all know that Futurama is a highly rated and successful tv series, oh wait it was canceled and probly finished for good now

so yes he should be unemployed instead of having a highly successful tv series
Family Guy is a highly rated and successful TV series and it was cancelled twice. Besides, Fox has been known to cancel some great shows (Firefly).

Mr Inconsistent

Mar 29, 2009
Nossy said:
The Simpsons have gotten progressively worse since around Season 8. The movie I liked, but I hardly watch the actual show anymore.

al lot of this!

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Yes. I find it impossible to watch any of the repeats played on channel 4 anymore because 'Who Shot Mr. Burns?' Can only be entertaining once.

Mr Inconsistent

Mar 29, 2009
Flour said:
I wouldn't know. Here in Holland, two random episodes are on tv every week.

They're so random, we could get the same show twice in a month, and a Christmas episode in the summer.
totally fucing wright! It's only i use'd to watch it on the interenet that i know wich lane its gone into...

anNIALLator

Jul 24, 2008
The old episodes are still well worth watching but any new episode is usually terrible. I think it became bad somewhere around the 350th episode because the 300th episode with Tony Hawk was good but the 400th one where Homer spills coffee on Kent Brockman was really weak. Most of the intelligence has gone out of the show and now they're getting lazy, trying to emulate Family Guy and taking really cheap shots at Religion - and that used to be one of the show's funniest topics. Family guy and South Park for me these days.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
I stopped watching The Simpsons a few years ago. The episode I remember watching that tore it for me was the one with Tony Hawk and Bart leaving home.

The animation seemed.. Weird. And throughout the whole episode, things seemed to just be pushed too far. It was like the whole thing was just trying too hard.

I've always known The Simpsons, from watching it as long as I can remember, as funny family friendly entertainment, with the occasional joke that goes right over the kids' heads. Now it just seems to be trying to keep up with the likes of Family Guy, South Park, etc.

Groening needs to stop. 20 years is too long..

painfull2006

Jul 2, 2008
I don't really watch it any more but if i can then i will look out for Halloween specials and stuff :)

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
The Simpsons steady decline began around season 9/10. Ever since then it has been crappy.
Seasons 1-8 were the golden age.

ironmace2.0

The Names Hans Olo
Mar 15, 2009
I stoped wathing the new episodes now because there juust crappy remakes of the good episode but if im not to busy I might wath one of the proper original episodes but that hardley ever happens. I think they should stop making new simpson episode and get back to futurama!

Monkeysicle

May 25, 2008
I still think it is a great series. Hard to keep anything going as long as this has been on. Is it different than it was five years ago? Yes but so what? It's The Simpsons.

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
Monkeysicle said:
I still think it is a great series. Hard to keep anything going as long as this has been on. Is it different than it was five years ago? Yes but so what? It's The Simpsons.
I've got to say it annoys me when people say stuff like that. More specifically the part where you say "So what? It's The Simpsons." It's an extremely long running show but that shouldn't mean that it gets away with low quality. I know that you said that it changed not that it was bad but it's still quite annoying.

blackpuding1

Mar 29, 2009
the simpsons has at most 3 decent jokes a season.

they need to put this old show down and concentrate on futurama which still has a few good seasons left in it.