Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Nossy said:
The Simpsons have gotten progressively worse since around Season 8. The movie I liked, but I hardly watch the actual show anymore.

Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.
I second this guy to the word

Green Tentacle

Apr 9, 2009
Angus Oblong described The Simpsons as an old family pet that's pissing and shitting everywhere, you know it's best to have it put to sleep, but you can't bare to do it as you love it so much.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Oh yes, for years. I'm one of those people who definitely thinks it was better years ago, but it doesn't worry me that the new episodes aren't that great because I remember the old ones with such fondness it doesn't matter.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Nossy said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Nossy said:
Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.
yeah cause we all know that Futurama is a highly rated and successful tv series, oh wait it was canceled and probly finished for good now

so yes he should be unemployed instead of having a highly successful tv series
He's been making Futurama movies, so he can still continue them since DvD sales have been good.
ok and the contract was for 4 movies, they've made 4 movies, so that means he'd be out of work

as much as i like futurama, it's doubtful it's coming back, so for Matt to stick with Futurama would mean he's unemployeed

Gunn01

Feb 13, 2009
It has gotten worse. But i haven't watched it in a few years so i don't know for sure how it is now.. but i can assume probably still isn't great

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
Is it as good as it once was? No
Is it still better than most of the crap on television? Yes
The Simpsons is a shadow of its former self, but I'd like to see Family Guy survive for twenty years and still be at all watchable.

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
I stopped watching The Simpsons about..... 5 or 6 years ago. That episode where Duff makes Santa's Little Helper their new spokesperson was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Since then I've caught snippets from newer episodes and they don't make me want to go back. Same story with Family Guy, only while it took The Simpsons over 15 seasons to go downhill, it only took 3 or 4 before Family Guy started heading that direction.

Plus I've always been more of a Futurama fan.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
It's not worse it's just become much different. Originally the show was very realistic and the jokes built off of the story. Now, it's more a shotgun approach simple sight gags, or one and two liners throughout the episode that are set up however they can be.

Here's how long the show has been on (not counting the tracy ulman show) Bart was nine until he had a birthday in an episode. If Bart was nine when the show started he'd be a little older than me. He'd be 30 by now. Maggie the baby assuming she's less than a year would almost 20

Ricky 49

Jan 10, 2009
I stopped watching the Simpsons around 5-6 years ago and even then I noticed a decline in quality and humor

and now a occasionally tune in to see how bad its got, every time I do it seems to have entered a whole new realm of crappiness

So new Simpsons is unwatchable! I can't get through any new episodes and when they occasionally show and old one (season 3,4,5 etc) its just so much better and laugh out loud funny.

So now I watch South Park which is still very funny

then Futurama and Family guy nowhere near as funny in my opinion but still watchable
with a couple out laugh out loud moments

smartmoose

Genre Wars Winner
Feb 17, 2009
I feel that it has been going downhill for the past couple of years but some of the more recent episode in the last six months have been very funny especially with the opening changed.

The Gardener

Feb 14, 2009
Whaddya mean, getting worse? It's been bad since about 2001 and has pretty well stabilized in its mediocrity.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
most people say it's worse... and it might be, but it's still better then 90% of the crap that's on tv.

stuart90

Jun 25, 2009
well, ever since they changed the animation to that of the film and the jokes are just now "celebrity" jokes, its not worth it to me. It doesn't do anything that special as it used to. Plus I was excited to see the film but it ended up being a bloody global warming piece of crap. Ruined it for me and stopped liking Simpsons as much because of it. All this crap on tv at one point or another as sucked up to this global warming trend.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
I stopped watching it years ago when my younger brother and sister were watching a marathon of Simpsons. Probably around 2003.