Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
I stopped watching it coz it got so bad. The jokes are becoming out-dated and i find the story lines boring. amazingly my 42yr old mother sits for hours watching them and loves them. However unlike my mate she can't quote half of them or tell you what happened in a particular series or show (drives me nuts when he tells me them), you need a photographic memory to do that.

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, they really lost their touch as time went by.
I saw an old episode yesterday, and I was laughing constantly. I don't even bother to watch the new ones.

Scrat01

Nov 11, 2009
It's only slightly better then most stuff on TV. But, its running on 16 seasons. Thats something like four times longer than any other animation.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
Up to about season 10 the simpsons were really good. Then they took themselves too seriously and now just fail.
They should have given up when they were really big and gone out with consistantly good material. When a show becomes dry and routine thats when its time to be axed. In virtually every episode you can guess what the general outcome will be.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Yet another vote for it being no good anymore. It's been about ten years since I gave up on it, and I've been saying since then that they should've quit while they were ahead instead of running it into the ground. There still are occasionally some pretty good bits in more recent episodes, which I'll watch online if someone tells me there's been one that's worth my time, but it's been a while since it was like that on a regular basis. At least we'll always have those several early years when it was awesome, back when they had all sorts of great writers on the show (who've for the most part long since moved on to other things).

Yumi_and_Erea

Nov 11, 2009
The series peaked in season three, and it was okay until season ten, but everything after that was just disappointing, especially in more recent years where the quality dropped to a level somewhere between "God-awful" and "Adam Sandler".

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
I found it offensive that they desperately attempted to appeal to the irish audience (who run on a 10 year delay) by writing irish episodes which were absolutely atrocious.
Besides the humor being completely dull, they had lisa thinking she knew all about the northern ireland situation, and the st. patricks day episode made me want to kill greoning with a rusty machete

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have never really been a big fan of the Simpson's. I will watch it, but only if I don't have anything else to do. At the moment though, I am watching cartoons such as: Harvey Birdman: Attorney at law, Aqua teen hunger force, Robot Chicken, Futurama and Lucy: the daughter of the devil, so mainly adult swim.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
I defected to Family Guy and American Dad. Roger and Stewie FTW!
So you moved from the original thing to the copycat and copycat's copycat?

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Abedeus said:
American Dad is not a copycat, since they are both Mcfarlane's shows. But yes, I did and I love them. YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
Abedeus said:
American Dad is not a copycat, since they are both Mcfarlane's shows. But yes, I did and I love them. YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS!
American Dad is not a copycat. It's copycat's copycat. A copy of Family Guy. If you don't see it, get some glasses. Or stop pouring drinks into your glasses.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I stopped watching it years ago after defending it for awhile. Its just embarassing now and makes me feel dirty.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
I enjoyed the movie but now all the series does is rip off Family Guy in a lot of respects. Which is funny seeing as the creators accused Family Guy of the same.

CrazT

Sep 19, 2009
I still watch re-runs of classic episodes (seasons 1 - 8/9), but, yes, the standards have dropped, probably averaging 2 or 3 good episodes a season and, personally, they haven't made a true classic since 'The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson' 12 years ago!

But I did like the movie. Yes, it wasn't as good as the show during it's classic years, but it was a major step up from the stuff they're producing now!

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
It's the way TV shows go, as they get older, the characters start getting stale, and the show itself gets progressively worse. The only way to avoid this is when a funny show gets canceled early, like Arrested Development.