Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I don't see the "new new" ones, cus I only have Freeview (no Sky)

I don't mind the recent ones, but recently Channel 4 has been showing old ones again (ones from aroundabout the time Flanders opened the Leftorium and Bart raced in the Soapcar thing)

I forgot that they used to be funny AND touching, as well as satirical

They're kinda just clowns now. Decent clowns, but clowns

Shru1kan

Dec 10, 2009
Sewblon said:
The Simpsons have been on life support for years now. Southpark also seems to be on its last legs so everyone hope to whatever you believe in that the new Futurama episodes are solid.
Yeah, that basically.

After the movie, I have refused to watch it.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
The simpsons got worse when family guy started to plaguarize them. They got frantic for ideas, and that's why they suck now.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
EDIT just to say something somehow funny: Jessica and Ashley Simpsons were never good to begin with.

On topic*Still fun to watch, just not funny. I would like to see more Futurama for some reasons.

Rotating Bread

Jul 22, 2008
The Simpsons has been poor for a long time. It's golden age was from about '92 to '98 and it has been in decline ever since.

It seems these day's it's all celebrity cameos and pop culture refefences that unlike south park are out of date by the time the episode is aired.

New Simpsons also have a habit of using 4th wall breaking self-referencing jokes, which can be funny but are used so much that it undermines the concept of the show. Storylines seem really lazy, just a vehicle to roll out the gags, which never used to happen in the mid 90s.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
I have been watching it since it's been on...though at too young of an age for the first season to understand it. I found the show began to dip around the tenth season. 'Bout the time they were doing pop culture referances more and more...like that boys band one. It went from a characterization of life to a pop culture parody very quickly from there, banking on established characters rather than progressive character development throughout life. And by the tenth season they had dumbed and simplified the characters into stereotypes so much, that it no longer had that real life feel.

It sucks. I'm an odd choice now. My favorite cartoon show now is Futurerama. King of the Hill and Robot chicken are runner-ups. I'm not a big fan of Family Guy. Southpark and American dad are shit as far as I'm concerned.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
I haven't watched it in a while, though not due to quality issues. I'd say it isn't really blatanbt in-your-face humour like Family Guy/South Park. It's more subtle.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Abedeus said:
American Dad is not a copycat. It's copycat's copycat. A copy of Family Guy. If you don't see it, get some glasses. Or stop pouring drinks into your glasses.
Getting hostile or is it just me? So what if it's a copycat? They are both made by the same person and I like them. Also, I'll pour whatever I want into my drinks!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Russian_Assassin said:
Abedeus said:
American Dad is not a copycat. It's copycat's copycat. A copy of Family Guy. If you don't see it, get some glasses. Or stop pouring drinks into your glasses.
Getting hostile or is it just me? So what if it's a copycat? They are both made by the same person and I like them. Also, I'll pour whatever I want into my drinks!
If you think I'm being hostile... I'm repeating myself, aren't I?

You said it's not a copycat, but it IS a copycat. ESPECIALLY since it's made by the same person.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I'm not sure I haven't watched it for quite some time... The movie was funny though...

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Abedeus said:
If you think I'm being hostile... I'm repeating myself, aren't I?

You said it's not a copycat, but it IS a copycat. ESPECIALLY since it's made by the same person.
But I don't care it's a copycat, I like them both!

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
I've followed the show since before it was it's own show (shorts on Tracy Ullman) and yeah I think it's gotten worse. I still watch it though just don't laugh nearly as much as the first 10 years or so.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I used to love The Simpsons. It used to be funny, witty and intelligent. Past tense.
It's been in decline for some time, but for me the last straw was the insanely overhyped and over-praised film. There were more laughs in an older episode than there was in the whole of the film.
I now prefer Family Guy (which is declining as well), American Dad and South Park.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
Nossy said:
cleverlymadeup said:
Nossy said:
Hence why Matt Groening should just do Futurama.
yeah cause we all know that Futurama is a highly rated and successful tv series, oh wait it was canceled and probly finished for good now

so yes he should be unemployed instead of having a highly successful tv series
He's been making Futurama movies, so he can still continue them since DvD sales have been good.
ok and the contract was for 4 movies, they've made 4 movies, so that means he'd be out of work

as much as i like futurama, it's doubtful it's coming back, so for Matt to stick with Futurama would mean he's unemployeed
But Futurama IS coming back. They've even got all the old voice actors, and they're going to be starting a new season next year.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
I just don't like it anymore. In fact, I can't remember the last time I did like it. It's just not funny.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
This is what I have been saying for years. For me the episodes stopped being funny around season 14 or 15. After that I never laughed a single time, all the "jokes and humour" were absolutely pathetic anad didn't seem worthy to be in a Simpsons episode.

Me, my brother and his sons used to be huge Simpsons fanatics. However they still continue to watch it till this day and consider it to be good, just like the movie. But I say that the show has died and fucking sucks and is no longer worth my time.

Marksman18v

Dec 13, 2009
Spider pig, Spider pig, Does whatever a spider pig does :p

It's not really getting worse,
it's jsut more of the same, we have grown used to it so it is harder to entertain us to the same level.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Yea it is but I still watch it. It is just a show that is past its time. I do believe they signed it on for X amount of seasons so it breaks a record or something.