Poll: Is the simpsons getting worse

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
It was great before the writers decided they had to address a social or political issue in every episode. I find it to be a superb example of that one-sided "I know better" attitude that makes me just ashamed of my liberal compatriots.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
It have become more like Family Guy, I think its gone mainstream and the humour is just totally random like FG

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I absolutely hate what they've done with the series. One minor but still very noticeable issue I have is when they so very obviously recycle the sounds every 2 seconds in certain seconds, which is rather lazy. Two other gripes I have are the pretentious-sounding episode titles nowadays and the manner in which the Simpson family walk into the scene as a group with identical smiles and a generally identical-looking demeanor.

It's just not even funny anymore. Now it's something along the lines of "the ever-so ZANY adventures of the Simpson family". Also it's become a vessel for rather pointless celebrity cameos. Back in the classic days, when celebrities voiced characters on The Simpsons they actually had meaningful and/or memorable roles. Bette Midler and those involved in the Homerpalooza episode come to mind, especially Cypress Hill. They made me laugh.

I still watch the older episodes whenever they're on. I absolutely love them. I even find reading the transcripts (link below) to be hilarious. They've left me man-giggling for ages more than once.
http://www.snpp.com/guides/ql.html

The movie was crap as well. I don't understand the big deal behind the whole Spiderpig thing. Why is he so popular? What the hell? Are people so stupid these days?

Zhandarr

Apr 15, 2009
The graphics are much better now, older episodes remastered I would watch. With decent stories.

One fish two fish four fish blowfish was a gread older episode.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
It's gone down hill since ep 300 or so, actually watching it again, it was never that good.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
i still enjoy a simpson episode every evening.

movie sucked though.
just a really long episode.

Donbett1974

Jan 28, 2009
Homer and Bart are the stars but the last few years Lisa and Marge have been the center of the episodes.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Let's see all of you make 449 episodes of something constantly funny and entertaining. It was bound to die sometimes.
Anyway, yes I did stop watching it , but I see a lot of unnecesarry hate here.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Yes, and just to clarify: SPIDERPIG IS NOT FUNNY IN ANY WAY

Oh my beloved Simpsons, what have they done to you?

I can't watch the newer episodes, it just doesn't fit with all the modern pop culture references. First ten seasons were great, brilliant even but I feel they've dragged it out for all it's worth now. After the tenth series it starts to fall down.

But whatever, it'll always be a big part of my childhood. 6pm BBC2 every weekday was so often looked forward to by a younger me. Nostalgia is too much for me.

Trotgar

Sep 13, 2009
It started being bad some time ago, not exactlysure when because I live in Finland and episodes get released quite randomly.

I liked the movie though. It is much better than the show at the time was.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
i think the last episode i ever actually liked was the one with frank grimes Jr.
and by then the quality is lacking, a couple years ago i just gave up.
and futurama started really strong, but the last season (or everything after G-bert..?) and most of the DVD movies were mediocre.
but at least fry won in the end. that was nice.