Poll: Is the Stig Michael Schumacher?

NimbleJack3

Apr 14, 2009
If you have no idea what this is about, a car-fancy television show (Top Gear) recently revealed the secret identity of The Stig, their uber-driver. Apparently it's Michael Schumacher, the famous German F1 driver. However, there have been rumors that he is not in fact The Stig and it's all a hoax cooked up by the presenters to keep the real Stig's identity secret. The Stig is apparently shorter and has done stunts in movies that Schumacher has never heard of. What do you think?

Reep

Jul 23, 2008
He cant be The Stig, The Stig isn't of this world, hes not human.

Frenger

May 31, 2009
I was under the impression that The Stig was Norwegian Royalty. But I guess that too was cooked up by them :)

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Apparently the Stig unveiled him self to be Schumacher, but there may be more than one person being the Stig so I can't say for sure.

Fallen_Hitokiri

Jun 14, 2009
Yeah there is more than one person being the stig
I dont think its Schumacher
to be honest he would be a better driver if he was
and schumacher wouldnt have to be doing a job like the stig with all his millions

ZeeClone

Jan 14, 2009
Not a chance. There is no way the BBC could afford his fees.

Consensus in our office is that "The Stig" is a group of different drivers who all wear the white overalls.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Did you see his lap in the reasonably priced car, it sucked. he didnt know where to go.

Overlord_Dave

Mar 2, 2009
Nah I don't think he's Schumacher.

Whoever is the stig acts his its character much better than Schumacher did.

In fact, the stig is probably several people. In the boat/car/bike/train race across London, why get a racing driver to sit on the train? Might as well have one of the production crew to do it.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
I'm on the 'Stig is several people' camp. So Schumacher may have been The Stig at some points, but not always.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
It's not. Some guy disproved it yesterday because his friend works there. And Schumacher was credited as a "Special Guest" instead of "The Stig".

So no.

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
Three reasons why it's not MS:

1) BBC couldn't afford him (already said I know)

2) Top Gear would interfere with his schedule (for example, he was still doing F1 when White Stig was unveiled)

3) Some people didn't see the episode, but at the end, the presenters basically said outright that it was a joke.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Jamash said:
It's more likely to be Ben Collins than Michael Schumacher.
Neither of them, different driving styles, ben likes using two fingers for paddle shifting and is right back in the seat, the Stig likes to use all his fingers on the shifters, and generally sits more upright, his head isn't against the back of the seat unlike Ben.

Could be a GT class driver, might even be the same guy as before that was the Stig, I'll have to find old stig and new stig footage to compare.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
madbird-valiant said:
The Stig is The Stig. That is all you need to know. Stop questioning, you vile ingrate.
Yeah, or The Stig will find you, and crush your face with his Stig-iness.

Ka_huna

Jun 23, 2009
No he isn't. But The Stig has got to be an ex F1 driver or F1 test driver

I would have loved it if he took his helmet off to reveal Jeremy Clarkson. Now that would have been unexpected.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
And no, the Stig cannot possibly really be Michael Schumacher.

For one thing, Jeremy Clarkson hasn't died after looking at him in the eyes, his feet didn't make any guitar noises, his eyes didn't sound like Camera shutters when he blinked and his ears were in the right place.

Those are true Stig facts, I got them from the big book of Top Gear I got for Christmas last year. Educational!

poncho14 said:
Did you see his lap in the reasonably priced car, it sucked. he didnt know where to go.
That was intentionally bad. To be funny.