Poll: Its midnight and there's power outage. Its dark everywhere and no electricity. What would you do?

Klutzz

Hold my beer.
Dec 6, 2010
I'm usually in bed by 9pm, considering I work a day shift at the mill. So I would never even know it had happened.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I'd probably watch a dvd on my laptop, because that would have some power in it, or if I was already tired, I'd just go to sleep.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I actually have not experienced a power outage since 15 years ago.
Tokyo is pretty safe when it comes to power supply and we did not even have any effect after the earthquake in March 2011.

But my guess is that I would just sleep.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Last time it happened I had a really stupid moment.
When the computer died all of sudden and I realised the power was out I decided to play some PS3 games instead.
Tried starting the TV and PS3. Took two attempts before I put one and one togeather.
Decided I should just go read in my bed, then sleep instead.
Got into the bed and tried turning on the lamp so I could see.

Yeah. It was like the power outage was in my brain as well.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Set the alarm on my cell phone in case the power doesn't come back by sunup, turn over, and go back to sleep.

Mind you, I might check the apartment first to make sure nothing's on fire. Nothing wrecks a good night's sleep like burning domicile.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I'd be at work, where there is a generator, listening to all of you call and complain to me about how you have no power. (Police dispatcher)

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Start using my phone, tablet or PSP (or all of the above in no particular order as each runs out of battery). Check for info on the power grid website (via any of the above) to find out whats the cause. If its an issue that'll take awhile it usually says so and I'll just go to bed.

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
probably go to sleep while i listen to the sounds of rain. because i'm assuming that that is was caused the power outage.
Other than that if i was with friends we'd find something fun to do.

Oct 2, 2012
Loot various stores around town. Power outages in my old city usually meant free chips and drinks if you could snatch 'em.

I'd probably go outside and just enjoy the total darkness for a while if looting is not an option :D

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
I'd do what I always do when it's late and dark, sleep...Why what were you thinking I was going to say?

On a tangent, it always seems a little odd to me when I hear that people are afraid of the dark. What's there to be afraid of? It's just the same as it was when the lights were on only except that you cant really see and your more likely walk into stuff...so maybe a bit painful but nothing scary.

EDIT the 1'st

Ooo additionally if it's a clear night and all the power is out across the city then I'd be out in the garden looking up at the stars, you can see so much more when all the light pollution is gone.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
If it was a clear night, I'd go out for a walk to see the stars. It's not often you can have a truly dark sky, and I find starry skies beautiful to look at.

Otherwise, light a candle and read, just to feel old-timey. Then go to sleep.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Probably play on my DS for a while until I feel tired...

Then I would go to sleep... and hope... no... pray to God that the power would be up when I wake up.
The one thing I hate in this world is no internet/power.
... well I hate evil too but... yeah...

It makes me wish that all the world had power... nice free power.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Depends where i am.

At home? Ill go sleep.
Outside just make my way home.

I actually like the dark.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
I would probably take a peek outside to see what everyone else is doing. But I guess I'm just creepy that way.

Thats how block parties get started, afterall.