Poll: Jade Empire 2

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
[
you forgot the Chinese monkey-superman. not from the game, but myth.
The Monkey King, also known as "Monkey-Hero"...

Or in Japan as "Goku".

Edit: Bugger it, wrong post quoted.

Rathcoole

Jan 1, 2011
Trolldor said:
Jade Empire was good, but the game played more along the lines of 'think of what we could do' than 'look at what we've got'.

The only thing it needs is an improved combat system really. No more over-powered staff fighting.

This plus it needs to be longer. The first game was far to short compared to other bioware RPG's.

As soon as you get into what should be the middle and the main chunk of the game it all but ends. Anybody who has completed it will know what I mean. The events in the palace where a missed chance. Could have led too much more game play and quests.

Instead after that there are no more side quests or places to explore. It basicly becomes a linear go here do that game. Then the last decision you get to make completely fuck's up the point of the entire moral system. What's the point of any of your choices if one decision overturns everything else.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
Oh, so much want. I loved the atmosphere, the music, the story. If Bioware made a sequel on the same technical level as Mass Effect... *goosebumps*

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
I didn't think it sold well enough to warrant a sequel but I'd buy it.

The premise was nice, even if cliched and towards the end it got better. Seeing as Bioware will be busy with ME3 and who knows, DA 3 I doubt we'll get it.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Absolutely. Between the plot twist and the way the last parts of the story went (mein gott, that fortress!), what had been a good-but-not-exceptional game during its first parts turned into something truly epic. And considering how good it looked on last-gen systems, I can only imagine what it would look like if made for current-gen ones.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Jade Empire was an awesome game, I played through it multiple times. I would love to see what they would do with the property now.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
NaramSuen said:
Jade Empire was an awesome game, I played through it multiple times. I would love to see what they would do with the property now.
Probably add more styles, make the magic and focus meters regenerate...And not have running make you lose focus.

Oh, and give your main character a voice and dialogue wheel. Which I think would work for JE.

Still don't think it's a good fit for DA2, though.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
I'd love to see Jade Empire 2, but they'd probably try and make the main character into a voiced dude named Jackie Chan or something.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Never played it - I think it's the only (relatively) modern BioWare game I haven't played.

I'd love a KotOR 3, although I am mighty excited for TOR.

Oh, and Captcha is fucking ridiculous, use one of the other ones if you insist on it Escapist. I CAN'T READ THE FUCKING WRITING.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Don't know - the first was good, but something about it made it unlikeable. The overall story was good, but parts (like the pirate base) didn't really sell it for me and although the combat was reasonably unique, it did occasionally descend into a click-fest. The demon transformation was good, if a little unbalanced and some of the characters were way better developed than others. Still the plot twist was brilliant and the whole spirit world section was really well done. Pity it started crashing and glitching after my second playthrough and so badly it became unplayable.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
I have to say that I was not really that keen on Jade Empire compared to previous Bioware games to be honest. Maybe it was the setting, but I could never really get into it. Then again more Bioware is always a good thing.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
YESSSSSSSSSS!
I'd buy it just to have a different scenario for once. I loved the combat in the first one, the characters (although brilliant sidekicks is par for the course when it comes to bioware), and the story. It wasn't a terribly long game, but definitely one I replay every now and then just for the hell of it. Plus it actually had a fairly decent moral choice system, so yay for that!
A sequel would need to...well, keep everything from the first one (Black Whirlwind in particular, and Sir Roderick Ponce whatever his full name was <3), and wrap it in a new story.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
I would want another one. The first was great, but still had its flaws as I recall it- but it was an unusual story, and one that I'd like to see continued.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Granted it could have just been talk, but they have said they will revisit the Jad Empire universe some day.

I really hope they do as it one of my favorite games of all time. The combat was simple on the surface, but surprisingly deep the further you got into the game. The story was really good and a lot of fun.

Sep 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Mythical China. Think...

Dragons, Demons, Possession, Spirits, Honor, Kung Fu, Thieves.
Oh... Jackie Chan?

I'm okay with that.
No Uncle, sadly.

ONE MORE THING!

holy shit, i forgot about that show!

uncle was so flipping awesome, i used to quote him all the damn time.

OT: jade empire 2 would be awesome, but where would they take it? right after the first one? 100 years later? 200 years later? I'm just curious as to where it would possibly go..

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Was supposed to be a trilogy, but it appears that they won't be coming back around to it anytime soon. :(