Poll: James Wan To Produce Resident Evil Film Reboot

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Bah I wanna see Thrall, Son of Durotan, and the greatest Warchief of his day!!
Wouldn't see him for a while. The movie was centered around the first game, the second would be based on the second, and so on.

OT; I hope they make it closer to the games, as in, have the actual protagonists front and center.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
CoCage said:
Dragonlayer said:
Hey, as long as Mr Wan doesn't wrap a thin veneer of Resi lore over a totes kick-ass, bad-ass, bike-riding, infallible superpowered ultra-psyker who can blow up satellites with her mind for his planned reboot, he could have directed the bloody Scary Movie franchise for all I care!

....Ok, maybe I would care about that, BUT the first few Saw movies and Conjuring were alright, so I'm all for a proper Resi film instead of the Incredible Adventures of Alice Godslayer!

[small]For the sake of fairness, I think the original Resi movie was pretty good as a generic action horror flick, and Extinction and another whose name I forget were alright as dumb action movies, but Apocalypse was garbage and the one with Leon, Ada and Barry was one of the crappiest films I've seen this side of Transformers.[/small]
If James Wan can make it in the tone of RE:Remake, I am all for it. I stopped caring for the live-action RE movies by the third one. What's really insulting was the first movie was going to be a lot more true to RE1. George fucking Romero was going to be the director, and had a script (which you can find online). The only thing different, from what I recall, is that Chris Redfield was going to be 1/2 Native American. Other than that nothing to different. The reason Capcom did not pick up the script was because they claimed it deviated from the games too much. HA! If that's case dumb-asses, why did you increasingly allow Hollywood to deviate from the games in each new movie installment? Man, what could have been.
Much like The Simpsons, Family Guy and The Escapist Cracked, I kept on paying attention to the movies out of a sense of brand loyalty, despite the increasingly massive dips in quality. And man, could that dip have been nipped in the bud if they had gone with George Romero! At the very least, things could have stayed with the emphasis on zombies, not superpowers!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
008Zulu said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Bah I wanna see Thrall, Son of Durotan, and the greatest Warchief of his day!!
Wouldn't see him for a while. The movie was centered around the first game, the second would be based on the second, and so on.

OT; I hope they make it closer to the games, as in, have the actual protagonists front and center.
There is some possiblility of a time skip, they should him as a baby in the very end. But than again the lore is now ruined because Garona is now Warchief, so how the hell is the Second War gonna play out, Orgrim took the mantle of Warchief because he knows Draenor is dying so they need a new homeland on Azeroth, so he knows he has no choice but to first fight and contend with thier enemies before they settle.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
There is some possiblility of a time skip, they should him as a baby in the very end. But than again the lore is now ruined because Garona is now Warchief, so how the hell is the Second War gonna play out, Orgrim took the mantle of Warchief because he knows Draenor is dying so they need a new homeland on Azeroth, so he knows he has no choice but to first fight and contend with thier enemies before they settle.
Was Garona made Warchief? I only saw the movie once. Fun fact, Garona was supposed to be a playable hero in Warcraft 3, alongside Thrall. I do recall Gul'dan recognising her as a full Orc after killing the King. Maybe they could skip the second game, about the only thing of importance they would need to cover is the death of Gul'dan. Still, the sheer amount of story content covered in WC3 and it's expansion, could see that split in to 2 movies.