Poll: Just a thought on Reverse-Rascism

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I was thinking about this the other night and was considering how wrong it is that people consider it OK to be racist to white people because a HUNDRED AND FIFTY (<-making a point) years ago we had it a lot better than most other "races".

This also applies with sexist women.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
I get it most days from people with the same skin colour as me. It's because I was born in England and am now in Scotland, easily countered though because what language do they speak? That's right, English.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Hmm, I dont really see the word "cracker" as an offensive term... its creation was just a response to a VERY racist word that actually had a terrible history.

Its like me telling someone to "f*ck their dead pets" and their reply is "Whatever biscuit!"... to be perfectly honest that doesnt hurt...

I just dont care about someone complaining about being called a "cracker"... I would be more offended by the fact he told you to get out of the f*cking way.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
It bothers me that there is no negative or negative + pie response to your question.
Innocent people do exist you know.
Not here but somewhere.

Also, Pie is better than racism. We should all just let it go away and share pie.

sonicmaster1989

Dec 6, 2008
I completely agree with duduf. I've been in more than my fair share of "reverse racism" (and I will call it that because it made sense to me and Webster's a punk). On a similar topic, I enjoy pie.

Be as it may, I shouldn't be degraded as a person for something my ancestors didn't do. That's right, my family came to America AFTER slavery was abolished. I shouldn't be held responsible....scratch that. No one should be held responsible for what happened to slaves except the slave owners. It shouldn't be held against anyone who was born after the 13th Amendment. So frankly, no one should be allowed to hold anyone responsible for slavery. "But your greatgreatgrandfather made my greatgreat grandfather pick cotton!" Do I blame you for your grandfather blowing up Japanese people in WWII? Do I call you a slut if your greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrandmother was a prostitute? Hell no, because if I did, I'd be incompetent and short sighted. I guess I'm just ranting by this point, so I'll end it now. Next time you hear someone say the word "cracker" or "honkey," yell at them and tell them that they can't use that term; it's "our word" and it's racist.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
People are fucking morons. Thats all there is to it.

What if your dad got into a fight with your friends dad and lost? Would you hold that over your friend's head and treat him like shit because of what his dad did?

Its the same with race. Black people were discriminated against by white people, but heres the thing: they were our ancestors not us! Yet its ok for them to be racist to us but not vice versa purely because our ancestors were bigots.
No it's not like that at all actually it's like beating your friend's dad so severly that now he can't walk and hence can no longer work and then kicking him in his nuts so hard that his children are now born all kinds of disabled. Do we not give preferential treatment to the handicapped?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
targren said:
dududf said:
Un-Common: Black man hating White man for skin colour/background.
In what universe is that uncommon?
Well in Canada, particularily my high school Rascism barely occurs. Also thanks for a complete misquote as I was trying to explain what I meant by reverse rascism from which I've explained about 4 ****ing times now.

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
I agree, hell sometime's I see coloured people go moar racist mode than whites, but that never get's bad publicity.

Racism = Bad, children, no matter what race.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I think I understand what you mean, people who are paranoid of people being racist against them so they discriminate against people because of it?

Either they get discriminated against a lot or they are stupid.

I'm one of the people that doesn't discriminate against people with dark-colored skin but 'black' people, i.e. people that REFUSE to speak correctly because they think it makes them look cool, dress badly, the list goes on... this not only refers to actual black people but white people too, in fact I think I might dislike them a little more.

In general I don't comprehend idiocy...

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Let's see, three articles, in three different weeks that we were told to use for critical thinking in one of my electives, happened to be so overly obnoxious and racist towards white people, that even minorities were butchering the author's thought when dissecting said articles.

Kinda weird that our teacher happens to be a black person, so I can't say for sure why we had to go over such rubbish or if she was expecting us to see reason in them, but I suppose some people are looking for evil where there are none.

Mercernary

Jun 28, 2009
I've noticed that, usually, nobody thinks it's racist if the comment is about Caucasian people, or if the person is talking about their own race/ ethnicity.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Never had anti-white racism it happen to me, never seen it happen to anyone else. My mother insists she's been discriminated against because she's Hispanic (that's Latino if you live on the East Coast of the United States), but I'm white as a Saltine, so I haven't gotten any of that myself.

I think nobody takes anti-white racism seriously because of the following misconception (Or is it a misconception?):

It doesn't matter if white people get discriminated against, because white people are already in control of everything. White people have most of the top jobs, most of the top government positions, most of the law-enforcement and military positions, and most of the world's wealth. Other races don't usually occupy positions of power and influence. Therefore, when an individual of a non-white race discriminates against a white person, although it may cause some very serious problems for that one white individual, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things because other races can't really do anything to make life bad for white people in general. In other words, anti-white discrimination, on the national and international level, has no teeth. It's a joke.

By contrast, if a white person is able to discriminate against a member of another race and get away with it, then it's a HUGE problem beacause it indicates one of two things.

A. That there's an area/state/demographic of white people (or just an individual white person) that still thinks it's okay to discriminate against other races and is in desperate need of reeducation.

or

B. That we're in danger of letting the last 200-odd years of civil rights gains slip down the tube, and if we don't put a stop to this white person's behavior right this fucking SECOND then it'll just keep getting worse and worse until whitey's got all the other races back on the plantation, picking cotton in the summer heat.

The long and the short of it is that white people have a very, VERY bad track record of racism and discrimination, and, in general, are in a better position to harm other races, at large, with said racism. Therefore, whites being racist is a much more serious problem than anti-white racism.

TheGreatCoolEnergy

Aug 30, 2009
We(white people) are actualy discriminated alot, especialy when we are minorities(like in native villages far north) but since we did the whole slavery bit it doesn't realy matter if we dislike it. Personnaly I don't care though, just words.

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
I don't think it's reverse, it just IS racism. Reverse implies you are also a racist, which just is not true. You might perhaps believe a stereotype, or laugh at something that could easily be construed as racist. Ex) I saw a bunch of black dudes with a pick up full of watermelons (seriously, in Baltimore, MD). That is fucking funny, I don't care what you say, I'm laughing.

People I know have experienced this firsthand. I know somebody who is a sub in Baltimore, Maryland. The school is really fuckin ghetto. Every teacher is black (this goes with story, I'm not commenting like, "Oh they're all black." I couldn't give two fucks if someone is black.). They feel a need to get on this guy's case about every little damn thing because he is white.

For example, many schools lock the doors apart from the main ones during school hours. This prevents kooky parents from getting in, kids from sneaking in or out, and helps keep crazy gun toting asswipes out. This is standard safety procedure. My friend sees two teenagers trying to get in, this is an elementary school mind you, and he motions for them to go around to the front doors. The principal sees this and promptly unlocks the door letting two unknowns in and calls him a "A goddamn honky." because it was winter. Obviously my friend is a racist because he wanted these black kids to freeze to death outside.

Well sorry *****, but this guy is from Detroit. Winter in Baltimore ain't fucking winter, lemme tell ya. They won't die going around so they can be verified by office staff. Would she have been happy if it turned out to be a gang thing? Don't kid yourself, they get em in gangs at age 8 or so these days. They use the little kids as gun and drug mules because nobody expects em. His first week on the job and the officer at the school was stabbed by a PARENT for telling a kid to pull his pants up. Do you blame him for not letting them in? What. The. Fuck.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Anarchy In Detroit said:
I don't think it's reverse, it just IS racism. Reverse implies you are also a racist, which just is not true. You might perhaps believe a stereotype, or laugh at something that could easily be construed as racist. Ex) I saw a bunch of black dudes with a pick up full of watermelons (seriously, in Baltimore, MD). That is fucking funny, I don't care what you say, I'm laughing.

People I know have experienced this firsthand. I know somebody who is a sub in Baltimore, Maryland. The school is really fuckin ghetto. Every teacher is black (this goes with story, I'm not commenting like, "Oh they're all black." I couldn't give two fucks if someone is black.). They feel a need to get on this guy's case about every little damn thing because he is white.

For example, many schools lock the doors apart from the main ones during school hours. This prevents kooky parents from getting in, kids from sneaking in or out, and helps keep crazy gun toting asswipes out. This is standard safety procedure. My friend sees two teenagers trying to get in, this is an elementary school mind you, and he motions for them to go around to the front doors. The principal sees this and promptly unlocks the door letting two unknowns in and calls him a "A goddamn honky." because it was winter. Obviously my friend is a racist because he wanted these black kids to freeze to death outside.

Well sorry *****, but this guy is from Detroit. Winter in Baltimore ain't fucking winter, lemme tell ya. They won't die going around so they can be verified by office staff. Would she have been happy if it turned out to be a gang thing? Don't kid yourself, they get em in gangs at age 8 or so these days. They use the little kids as gun and drug mules because nobody expects em. His first week on the job and the officer at the school was stabbed by a PARENT for telling a kid to pull his pants up. Do you blame him for not letting them in? What. The. Fuck.
So wait would it be racism or reverse racism to call this poster a racist?