Poll: Just pulled my first college all-nighter, you ever done it?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
So here I am, more than 24 hours after the last time I woke up and without a wink of sleep inbetween. I had a horrible double case of procrastination and Skyrim this last week, leading me to pull an all-nighter to complete nearly an entire animation project in one night. I'm about halfway there, but it looks like I'll be able to make it before class this afternoon.

But I take it my fellow Escapists are much more responsible students than that, am I right?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nope, never done it since I hate doing work by the last minute. I mean my some of my friend does it or work all night to get it perfect but I get to work on it early and on time. I just hate the feeling of being pressure and rushing it all.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Never done an all-nighter to finish schoolwork, but I don't know if I'd claim that's because I'm more responsible than that.

I've never decided to just skip some major assignment either though.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Im lazy and probably procrastinate enough to make a dead body look like someone training for the Olympics.

So no, I have never done an all nighter, not sure if I could.

Paladin2905

Sep 1, 2011
Did it once, and almost did it twice more. Stopped when I did it the first time, then looked at my work the next day and was caught asking "what the crap was i thinking?". I swear you always think that you're doing awesome work, particularly coding, but you'll never understand yourself the next day. Even an hour of sleep does so much good for it.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Hehe.

Have I-

Hehehe.

Have I ever-

Hehehehe.

Have I ever done it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Short answer: Yes.

Usually done when I wanted peace and quiet in my writing. I'd gather all the info first and then take the hours of 12-6am to write it out in essay form. Did that several times in every year of University.

Also I did all night gaming sessions a few times, couldn't help it, Assassin's Creed was pretty addicting and/or I'd be on Gears of War all night. I remember my friend and I had a race to see who could beat Raam on Insane first. I won at around 3am. Neither of us cared until we got a good 12 hours sleep.

Ah, good times. I do miss the atmosphere of University. Best time of my life so far.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I've never done one for school work, but several times I've done it for work.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I've stayed up in college for 24 hours for parties but never for assignments.
I work better in the mornings so I tend to get an early night and wake up ridiculously early.

Leadfinger

Apr 21, 2010
I've done it before, and I'll probably do it again because sometimes you have to get it out the door on time.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
No, I've always slept on it and then found time in the morning. Also, I usually have to get up at about 6am most weekdays as I'm part of my college's rowing team, so I'm sleep-deprived enough as it is without staying up all night to finish work. That said, I will usually stay up until about 2am if I don't have to get up for rowing, as I find I work much better at night, rather than the afternoon/evening, where I feel tired and unmotivated.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
All night on an Assignment? Sure, all the time.

The night before on an assignment? Yeah, once, never again.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I have multiple times, but only three times for school. All three were assignments for the same class, my high school government and economics class. I hated that class, but damnit did I respect it. one assignment was fifty fucking pages. Now that I'm in college, I have yet to write more than five on a single assignment (not quite a second-year in college, though mostly taking second-year level classes). I learned so much from those experiences.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
Never done it on a night before an assignment was due, but I've pulled all-nighters trying to get an assignment done. I was in a game development class and our group set a deadline, but Skyrim was coming out the next day, so I buckled down, grabbed a couple cases of red bull and crunched it out. It was relatively bugless as well and worked well, as well, so I was happy about it. I wasn't able to play Skyrim the next day though because I was too busy sleeping.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I've done a few almost all nighters because I focus better at nights. I'll probably do it a lot more in the future.

Areani

Dec 18, 2008
Sure have! Sometimes voluntarily and sometimes not. Last time I did it was the night between last thursday and friday, writing a 6 page paper due friday. Like you OP I was also hit by procrastination pretty badly last week. I think it all worked out though.

May 17, 2010
Never literrly, I've always managed to finish at like five or so and thus get a bit of sleep. nerves then usually compell you to hand it in on time and then I go back to bed. That's the worse though so suually I have it done on time but look over it the night before and submit it online (all our uni work has to be submitted online as well as in person)