Poll: Just pulled my first college all-nighter, you ever done it?

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
39 hours without sleep because I promised to stay with my girlfriend. For some stupid reason, they have to chose their schedules in person, while other colleges allow you to just wait for midnight and do it on your home.

She had to wait until 6 AM to get her name on a bloody list, and even then she was the number 960-something on the line.

At 9AM I went back home. Couldn't sleep so enjoyed the rest of my day.

Paya Chin said:
the last time i pulled an all nighter in school.. my penis got so sore...
I could pull off so many jokes right now... must... resist...

NEXT TIME USE HAND LOTION.

I'm sorry, man... couldn't help it....

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Homework? I've done it to go party. And homework too, of course. It sucks, but makes for good stories (when partying).

Sagacious Zhu

Oct 17, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
Jonluw said:
Never done an all-nighter to finish schoolwork, but I don't know if I'd claim that's because I'm more responsible than that.
... *shrug* yep, that'll do me, thank you.

I kinda rushed all my work during the day... when labs weren't interfering with my schedule... >_>

Sagacious Zhu said:
Every Wednesday night now that my professor demands a six page essay every Thursday
What?! How dumb is that?! If your class is any larger than about ten, I bet your prof just palms your essays on some bored TA who just arbitrarily covers it in red pen-marks... -_-
Given the novel of commentary he writes in the margins, I'm pretty confident he's reading them all himself. It's a good class; just work intensive

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I used to do that regulary, i just can't focus at day when theres TV on, people talking and god knows what else distracting me, but the next day was always miserable, tired, sleepy and everything seems to piss me off.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
All the time, I'm a terrible procrastinator.
In fact, I have two essays due in this coming Monday and I haven't started either of them. I can already feel myself building up to doing them on a Super Sunday marathon.

I always tell myself next time is going to be different. It never is. I just accept it now.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I pulled all nighters once a week for about 5 years straight :p
I don't know why I decided to get one of the most difficult degrees in the country, but at least I got it?

djAMPnz

Dec 21, 2011
I hate sleep, such a waste of time. I've pulled many, many all-nighters. Can't remember if any where for study though.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Tazzy da Devil said:
I've done it, and I'll do it again. My brain works better at night.
This. I can quite easily go through one day, sstay up and alert enough for work all night, and still be fine for the rest of the nxt day. I just sleep a lot the next night.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
Had to rewrite a 40 page research paper, it took all night then some. Then I crashed into a recharging coma for a bit.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Sagacious Zhu said:
Given the novel of commentary he writes in the margins, I'm pretty confident he's reading them all himself. It's a good class; just work intensive
Wow... that's commitment for you! What's the class, if you don't mind me asking?

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Ehhh...

I've never pulled an all nighter, since I either get it done before it starts getting late, or wake up early in the morning to try and do it before I have to leave the house.

Or most commonly wait until I'm in a different lesson and work on assignments instead of writing notes of paying attention.

I don't think I'd ever pull an all nighter, I just don't think I have the commitment to my education enough to put my body through all that... Though I would stay up all night drinking/being with my friends/playing games though...

Wow, my priorities are out of whack...

The Shadowlord

Jul 18, 2011
Never had the issue. I procrastinate a rather surprising amount but I can fortunately rush it and still hand it in at average quality. I'd rather sleep than do homework anyway, so I'd rather risk facing the deadline.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
I pull all-nighters all the time. And not just me, but everyone in my school who doesn't want to flunk his classes. Why? Because we're all a bunch of procrastinating idiots? Nope, it's because I'm studying Digital Arts & Entertainment, something that ought to be taught in 4 years, but our ministry wouldn't allow it - so now we're doing a 4-year education in only 3-year.

I miss sleeping almost as much as I miss having a social life...

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
yup did it once, all day and night, and some more the next day with seminars. It actually wasnt that hard my only problems are falling asleep and being bothered to get up. So staying up was easy, however the bus ride in and out of campus after being awake for over a day was torture. I could barely stay awake.
Infact I would be doing another one tonight, but I dont have to hand it in till afternoon and its a really small 5% assignment.

3 legged goat

Feb 28, 2010
I did that once. I decided to never do it again... ever. Seriously it was terrible and I just barely made the grade.

Superbeast

Bound up the dead triumphantly!
Jan 7, 2009
Lilani said:
So here I am, more than 24 hours after the last time I woke up and without a wink of sleep inbetween. I had a horrible double case of procrastination and Skyrim this last week, leading me to pull an all-nighter to complete nearly an entire animation project in one night. I'm about halfway there, but it looks like I'll be able to make it before class this afternoon.

But I take it my fellow Escapists are much more responsible students than that, am I right?
I don't like your poll. There's no option for "I have repeatedly, and OH GOD I'M PULLING ONE NOW!"

I've a good half of a 12,000 word Dissertation draft to do for Friday (1 day + 2 nights) and an entire 4,000 word essay to write for Monday (4 days and 6 nights) - including nearly all the research (reading Sallust, Cicero, Lucretius, Virgil for primary sources then a whole bunch of secondary stuff) for the latter. I'm out of extensions on this work too (see below).

I have a condition that affects my quality of sleep, and hence ability to concentrate (or even start) my work - so I am usually starting stuff right at the last minute. Tried everything to work around it, including meetings with my University welfare staff...but no luck. It seriously sucks, and now I have to work like an absolute boss to get something barely passable in before the deadlines. And it is my final year too.

So I am planning multiple nights awake and working (starting tonight), probably staggered to give me some chance of not writing utterly incoherently...alas I do not even have the luxury of a "recovery coma" as I have lectures all next week as well.

>_<

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Not exactly. I've stayed up an hour or two past what I usually do, but never gone all night. Heck I do that all the time for my art projects, completely losing track of time until I get up to get a snack and realise the sun is coming up. I really should consider opening my blinds.