Poll: League of Legends class

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
Just wanted to get a feel for how people play LoL on the escapist. I persnally play assassins, either irelia or kassadin. What about you guys?

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
And That said:
Lol i love how the support isn't even on the poll. Yea cause nobody plays that.... at all.

This is why I stopped playing this game.
Everyone wants to be the all-damage assassin or mage, nobody cares about the supporting roles.
That's what you get when your player base is made of 12 year olds, I guess.....
Actually, I play support almost exclusively. I think Sona is the most fun character in the game.

And thus I picked "other" because I prefer Support. Otherwise a nuker ala Ryze or Vlad.

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
I'm usually the tanky jungler (Udyr or Amumu). I haven't played with my friends after the jungle nerf though, so I can't really say if I'll continue jungling or just switch to laning with a more straight forward tank.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Pusher is no longer an existing class. At least nobody considers it as a description for a character. Champions like Singed are just AP tanks, Morde is melee caster (same with Cho'Gath), and Sivir is and AD carry.

As for me, tanky dps. I specialize in tanky fighters solo top or jungle - Jarvan, used to play Xin Zhao, Singed, now I took a liking to Volibear.

And a long, long time ago, Shen, when he was still viable.

Legendaryped0

Nov 22, 2011
And That said:
Lol i love how the support isn't even on the poll. Yea cause nobody plays that.... at all.

Everyone wants to be the all-damage assassin or mage, nobody cares about the supporting roles.
One of these days you just might reach level 30, get into ranked, and realize how wrong you are.

I don't have any special thing I prefer playing more than the other, that's why I'm not a baddie, I know how to and like to play all roles about equally.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Recently, i've started playing a Fizz assassin. Before that i played as Support Sona, and before THAT i played as Veigar. Loved his high burst, but Fizz is just much more fun.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I mostly play Annie or Brand, but I have been known to play Nasus as a tank every once in a while.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I play all roles when necessary; if only because I cannot EVER rely on my teammates to work in some team synergy. Though if you put a gun to my head, I'd probably lean towards certain Mage types (trappers and chasers mostly; Lux and Cassieopeia) since that's the role I played best in DotA.

...And you'd shoot me anyway because my favorite LoL champ is still Rene-rene-rene-Renekton.
But I'm actually not a fan of the overdone tanky-dps; just Renekton.
XD

And That said:

Oh I hear you there.
Part of that has to do with Riot recently working to kill the "Classic Support" role and limit lane sustainability.

Why? To accelerate the early game and force players out of the laning phase sooner.
Why? To get them into the ganking and teamfight phases.
Why? To make tournament videos and "e-sport" exhibitions more exciting, since the laning phase is boring.

I respect that it's their game and they can do with it what they want, but I also don't like how an entire role is basically being nerfed. I also don't like the loss of sustain because the resulting "rebalancing" turned some my favorite support characters into One-Trick-Ponies (Soraka is now all about spamming Starcall, Nidalee has been relegated to Spear-Bot, Taric received a weird nuke as a replacement skill for his ultimate).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I used to play Morg or Annie all the time, then Nid, then tank Nasus, now I tend to play mostly either rumble or shy (something or other).

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
As a Kayle player, I'm consistently an offensive support type. I'd pick up Mordekaiser soon given the chance though.

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
I knew I forgot something so I put other, it was support :|
I shoulda known I'd forget...

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
Yarr, I'm a mighty pirate!

(i.e. Jungleplank. You can use his ult to gank two lanes at once, lulz.)