Poll: Least favorite FF villan?

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
Kefka... because I stopped playing after FFVII. But there were so many points where you just want to *****-slap his little face across the screen... and you were fully capable of doing so, but you don't and you wait until the end where he suddenly takes steroids and becomes this huge badass for some reason. Phhhhffft, what a twit!

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Scarlet and Heidegger from Final Fantasy VII. Together that are the worst villain ever.

Sucks to be Hojo. He never gets any love.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Neither, I would like to direct everyone's attention to Yu Yevon, the main antagonist of FFX and the blandest villain I have ever seen. Seriously, he literally has no personality.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
My least favorite villain ever was the whiny little punk from Advent Children, but seeing as how he's not here, I just counted it as Sephiroth, I was never all that interested in him anyways.

Blame

May 30, 2009
I hate Kuja even more than Seymour. That's how much I hate Kuja.

(P.s. Surely Zorn and Thorn should get a mention?

King Kupofried

Jan 19, 2010
Space Spoons said:
I have to say Ultimecia, for the sole reason that the character didn't, and still does not, make one lick of sense to me. I'm a guy that play Final Fantasy games primarily for their stories, so it's not that I wasn't paying attention... It's just that she kind of came completely out of left field. And just what were her motives, anyway? Time Compression? Uh, okay... Why? Just because? Weak.
Well, technically she was there from the beginning, since Edea was actually Ultimacia for half the game. Of course, since once you find that out she sorta disappears until the final quarter of the game, it still feels like she came out of nowhere.
Her motives were to pretty much to smush everything together so that she is the only thing that continues to exist, because in the future she is persecuted and under attack for being a Sorceress, something she had no control over.
Pretty much a: 'My life is unfair, so I'm gonna destroy everything', made more complicated sounding than it is by time powers.

OT: From VIII as well for me, the Sorceress Adel. She is built up to be some terrifying force to be reckoned with, she's built up far more than Ultimacia was. Esther sealed her in freakin' space, which causes a world wide radio interference , because they didn't have any reliable means of destroying her, because she was simply too dangerous to keep on their planet or to just shoot off in some random direction. There are even messages you can see from her as early as disc 1, saying that she is still alive and demanding to be free, hidden in the scrambled radio signals.
What happens to her though? She's out of her prison for about two minutes before you encounter her for all of one 'Irritating but not really difficult' boss battle. Then she's gone, forever.

Littlewolfy

Jun 24, 2009
Seph, he is everywhere, and his fan boys are the most annoying things in the whole dang world.

Though thats not the only reason, he just never seemed that intimidating to me. I remember playing the game when I was younger and wondering if he was the villain everyone was talking about.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Vayne Solador the guy had about 14 lines in total he made the emperor from FF II look positivley intrigal.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Probably Ultimecia. At least the shallow "evil cause I am" antagonists of Final Fantasy had some cool armor, quirky personality, or cool achievement. The only good part about Ultimecia was her castle, which I admit I had a ton of fun exploring.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
I don't know, I don't think I liked the villain from III and V much. It's kind of like they weren't there and then they just had to have them so they shoehorned something in.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Peronsally I hated Sephiroth. I know its the "cool" thing to do, but really I disliked him. Especially in Crisis Core. Because he is a dick, but hes a mamas boy of a dick. He isn't Kefka.
Kuja comes a close 2nd for basically being the most camp villian ever, but that isn't always a bad thing.

Sephiroth is a an idiot, and the whole thing with him killing Aerith wasn't villiany. It was the best thing he ever did. However, he also isn't a villian. He's not NEARLY as hard as Kuja or Ultimecia (who is a ***** to kill) and I never really found myself thinking, he's a dick. I just found myself thinking, wow what a mamas boy gone wrong.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
Seymour was the one I dislike the most, but Ultimecia got my vote. She commited the worst sin a character can, she just wasn't there.