Poll: Left 4 Dead: Evil AI Director

Azeban

Sep 27, 2008
Ha, I remember I was playing vs once and I was the tank, and I had jumped onto the helicopter to knock out the other two guys in it, and at that moment, a hunter killed the only survivor outside the helicopter, allowing it to take off with me still inside. I don't think it was a very safe ride. It was hilarious.

Scarecrow38

Apr 17, 2008
Don't have any problems with it. In fact I don't consider it as a single entity. It's hard to have an emotional response to a series of timers and spawn location generators whose only evil act towards players was to have multiple timers click simultaneously.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
I wish we could make the AI director a person, like a DM. I think that would be fun to make the tension ourselves. Although, I guess most people would be dicks with it and just send horde after horde in until everyone is dead.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Hmm.. I've only been playing for about 8 hours, and 'he' has not been too malevolent as of yet. Perhaps I had good team mates, but I only died a few times (playing on difficulty 3/4). Perhaps I'm lucky!

Gizmo

May 4, 2009
I find the game to easy. ON almost every level and ever difficulty now with survival it takes skill to destroy the hordes.