Poll: Local Honor Student in my hometown to be deported.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
A few days ago I found out that a young man who graduated from my school last year was arrested and is facing deportation. He was a guatemala immagrint whos parents brought him here at the age of 3.

Link for the story and a petition to keep him in the states.:http://immigration.change.org/petitions/view/help_us_keep_bernard_at_home_bernard_pastor

This is not a advertisement for the cause. I just want to know how you feel on this topic of illegal aliens in this situation

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
GiglameshSoulEater said:
If he is not a citizen legally, he should not live here.
Well you see that is how I normaly feel about this but if you read the article he lived here legaly for several years until the religious asylum was up. But again if you read if he goes back to guatemala his life might be in serious danger from the military since thats why his family fled

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Great. Because of his parents' decision to bring him here illegally, all his good school work will be wasted...

DeadMix

May 30, 2010
No, I don't believe he should. He's been here over a decade, and seems to be a model student and citizen.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
its in the name "illegal aliens"

If they're in the country illegally, they shouldnt be upset if they get deported, and nor should anybody else.

But I suppose if they've been in the country for ages, then maybe there's no point. i dunno, it's a complicated issue.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
I don't think he should be deported, being he's a model student, and has spent the majority of his life in the US.

I like this proposed "DREAM Act", mentioned in the link;
Introduced as a bipartisan bill in 2001, the act would provide undocumented students with a six-year window to earn a permanent visa and citizenship. Up to 65,000 undocumented students graduate each year from U.S. high schools.

Among DREAM Act requirements would be high moral character and the ability to earn a two- or four-year degree or serve in the military.
that way, students who have spent most of their lives in the US can get a chance to earn their citizenship. being they would need high moral character and a college education, they would be good contributing members of society

EDIT: and am I the only one that finds it funny the fact that, if he achieves his chosen career, he may very well be refered to as "pastor Pastor"? lol

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Haha! no wonder the US lacks smart citizens! not because they aren't educating enough people but deporting everyone that IS smart!

but seriously, if the US wants to make themselves dumber, than that's their choice.

it'll bite them back in the ass later.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
This is just ridiculous. This is what always seems to happen in these cases, the immigration officials always seem to target the innocent people that were never hurting anyone instead of the actual dangerous people.
Side note: Watch "The Visitor." It's about illegal immigrants from the Middle East, but it pretty much reflects my thoughts on illegal immigration to a tee.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
Angus Young said:
GiglameshSoulEater said:
If he is not a citizen legally, he should not live here.
But again if you read if he goes back to guatemala his life might be in serious danger from the military since thats why his family fled
If his life is in danger he can apply to stay in the country as a refugee.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Here's my take on this. Whether he's legal to live here or not, he's smart and should be allowed into the country anyway since he offers utility to other Americans. Who knows, maybe he'll start a company or create a product that generates more jobs. We should try to attract the brightest minds.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Angus Young said:
A few days ago I found out that a young man who graduated from my school last year was arrested and is facing deportation. He was a guatemala immagrint whos parents brought him here at the age of 3.

Link for the story and a petition to keep him in the states.:http://immigration.change.org/petitions/view/help_us_keep_bernard_at_home_bernard_pastor

This is not a advertisement for the cause. I just want to know how you feel on this topic of illegal aliens in this situation
I've heard stories like this before. People can say stuff about "illegal immigration is wrong" and all that, but... do 3 year old children have a choice when they are brought into the country by their parents? I don't think so. These cases always make me sad because these kinds are often raised American, and then find out later on that they are screwed because they were brought into the country illegally when they were small. :(

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Can't he sit a citizenship test? If his family are still in danger with the military then he could try and seek asylum.