Poll: Local Honor Student in my hometown to be deported.

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
shame he's getting sent off into danger. He doesn't seem like much of a slacker as compared to other US teens who are citizens.

Anarchy In Detroit

May 26, 2008
If you didn't come here legally, take a hike.

Poland was being ethnically cleansed when my family left, what the hell makes them so special? Come in the right way and pay your fuckin' taxes like the rest of us.

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
I think it's terribly unfair, if this young man gets deported. First of all he came here as a child, so it's not like he had the choice and has already graduated high school. He wants to help his community and would probably make a great contribution to the U.S.A as a whole.

Bottom line the U.S.A is his home.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
*checks board name*

<----- Religion and Politics is that way.

Because illegal immigration is a political issue. Political threads : me :: Relationship threads : RAKTheUndead.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
aquaman839 said:
GiglameshSoulEater said:
If he is not a citizen legally, he should not live here.
I'm sure a ton of people have quoted you but black and white I have to agree with you, but I gotta say the kid is getting screwed. But I gotta say it comes under the massive umbrella that is "thats life". Hopefully the family can apply and get a lawyer and lawfully apply for citizenship. Also curious how did immigration finally scoop them up, what caused an issue after 15+ years?
the problem with hiding under the "thats life" umbrella is that it keeps people from doing anything; people realize that they can't help everyone, and wind up only coming to terms with that by not trying to help anyone, (many times, just simple because "its not my problem"). people maybe can't help everyone, but they can atleast try to help the ones they can; NOTE, i am not trying to attack you, just that big umbrella you're standing under

and i'm a little surprised at the escapist community, since so many people seem to be justifying this with "thats the law", being this is the community that widely stands against anti-piracy laws, marijuana laws, anti-M rated laws. not that its necesarily bad many of you oppose this, just the fact the you use "thats the law" as your main argument

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Anarchy In Detroit said:

Poland was being ethnically cleansed when my family left, what the hell makes them so special? Come in the right way and pay your fuckin' taxes like the rest of us.

First off he did come here legally read the fucking story before you post shit about someone you dont know. His parents got religious asylum becuase they were reciving death threats from the military due to their religion. It expired in 2003. If he gets deported there is indeed a good chance he could die. He knows no spanish, and his only family is a grandma he has only seen a picture of. And its been said the military still oppresses i dont know for sure but how is this fiar? He was raised as an american, an honor student, and captain of the soccer team. For christ sakes he sang the star spangles baner before every game.

And to everyone who is against immagration.

"Now Americans what nothing better to do? Why dont you kick yourselves out your an immagrint too. who's watching who? what should we do? because you cant be a pimp and a prostitute too."-The white Stripes

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
aquaman839 said:
GiglameshSoulEater said:
If he is not a citizen legally, he should not live here.
I'm sure a ton of people have quoted you but black and white I have to agree with you, but I gotta say the kid is getting screwed. But I gotta say it comes under the massive umbrella that is "thats life". Hopefully the family can apply and get a lawyer and lawfully apply for citizenship. Also curious how did immigration finally scoop them up, what caused an issue after 15+ years?
On his way to his fathers chuch he was in a "fender bender" when the police realized he didnt have a license the looked him up, and found out his asylum expired years ago.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
If he is in real danger I'm sure he can get refugee status, or just marry a chick.... Can't think of much else that can help him....

ActivatorX

Sep 11, 2010
It's funny how some Americans oppose immigration, even though, you know... The whole country was literally built on immigration.
If your ancestors could come to the US, why aren't other people allowed to?

Anarchy In Detroit said:

I'm sure your family had time during the ethnic cleansing, to apply for citizenship and wait for the papers to be sorted, until legally boarding on a ship.
I'm also sure that the first thing they did upon arriving to the US was to immediately pay taxes.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
If he is in real danger I'm sure he can get refugee status, or just marry a chick.... Can't think of much else that can help him....
Thats kind of hard to do since he is already in jail. And I'm not sure if the life is in danger thing is recognized. But the petition got more than double its required signatures in less than 12 hours. He signed the papers for it, so there will be a hearing that is yet to be schedualed for it

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
It might seem cruel, but rules are rules for a reason. For every one honor student, you get 10 middle of the roaders or worse. I mean 10 years living in the country was more than enough time to follow proper procedures and work toward earning citizenship in the first place.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
viranimus said:
It might seem cruel, but rules are rules for a reason. For every one honor student, you get 10 middle of the roaders or worse. I mean 10 years living in the country was more than enough time to follow proper procedures and work toward earning citizenship in the first place.
thats why I support the DREAM Act;
Introduced as a bipartisan bill in 2001, the act would provide undocumented students with a six-year window to earn a permanent visa and citizenship. Up to 65,000 undocumented students graduate each year from U.S. high schools.

Among DREAM Act requirements would be high moral character and the ability to earn a two- or four-year degree or serve in the military.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
If he hadn't spent any time at all legally in the country then I'd say he should be deported. However, as people don't seem to be noticing that little detail I'll spell it out for them. The guy lived for years legally under asylum and thus was entitled during that time to be a legal citizen of the United States of America. Now, I don't know anything about US immigration law, hell I barely know much about the British laws (being a UK citizen myself), so my words now come from a moral perspective rather than a legal one. I think that because he's spent years in the US legally, now his asylum has run out I think he should at least be eligible for a citizenship test to determine his right to stay in the country as a US citizen. That would only be fair, and give him a real good chance at being able to stay in the country where he was raised and that he's actually contributed to by studying hard and earning his way as a person. Which is more than most do (I'm assuming there that there are tons of jackasses like here in the UK who come to the country and scrounge off the state without paying a penny back into the system, or send all their cash-in-hand-earned money to their families back home and thus take money away from the country's economy...).

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
typical, he gets to stay since he was three years old (how old is he now), and now hes getting deported to a country where he more than likely doesn't know the language of, knows none of the culture, has no place to stay, and is basically going to be living in poverty if he doesn't have a large amount of savings to get him off the ground. Oh and did i mention theres still the potential to be killed.

well that's just great. heh i thought they would at least consider letting him stay since hes been here so long but hey, the law is black and white after all.

Requx

Mar 28, 2010
Why not just apply for refugee status. If hes still in danger in his home country the Geneva convention clearly states he can attempt to seek refugee status. And I mean logically if he pays his taxes and is an upstanding citizen I don't understand why he can't just take the test really.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
ravensheart18 said:
Guess his parents shouldn't have committed a crime that put him in this situation eh?

Kick him out.
Read the fucking story for christ sakes. They were reciving death threats from the military due to his father being a pastor of a christain religion that is not accepted there. HE CAME HERE LEGALY UNDER RELIGOUS ASYLUM!