Poll: Local Honor Student in my hometown to be deported.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Angus Young said:
ravensheart18 said:
Guess his parents shouldn't have committed a crime that put him in this situation eh?

Kick him out.
Read the fucking story for christ sakes. They were reciving death threats from the military due to his father being a pastor of a christain religion that is not accepted there. HE CAME HERE LEGALY UNDER RELIGOUS ASYLUM!
You're expecting everyone who posts in this thread to read and/or think before replying? Then don't make a thread about immigration.
Thinking makes some people's heads hurt. It causes cognitive dissonance and all that scary stuff.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
You'd think for doing good with education the state would sponsor his citizenship. Why go to all the effort of giving the kid a good education to send him back home where he can enrich his home country.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'm actually torn on this issue. Normally, I'm all for deporting illegal aliens, but this kid by the sounds of it, is a lot more patriotic than a lot of U.S. born citizens. Not to mention he seems to have a really bright future. It would be a shame for him to be sent back.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Any person who performs exceptionally and proves themselves to be law abiding citizens while in a nation should be granted citizenship. Now, if he had made the choice to go illegally, perhaps deportation would be justified as he would have shown upon arrival he was not a law abiding citizen. However, if a nation continue to compete in the world, we need the best of the best. It is unwise to deport honor students for the survival of a nation.

My nation does this same sort of nonsense, and it always angers me.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
And yet, you just know that a hell of a lot of American citizens will squander their 'God-given' right to suckle off the teat of their fair country by virtue of being born there. What an arbitrary method of deciding human worth.

My point being, if a boy who has the ability to contribute to a country's society is exiled from it, yet millions of kilos of human waste get to enjoy a life of opportunities and wealth just because they came out of the right hole (if you'll pardon the image), then there may just be a little something wrong with the way we are deciding these things.

*end of unintentionally anti-American rant*

karplas

Nov 24, 2010
To those arguing in the lines of "law's law. period.", I'd like to know their opinion about situations like the following:

"An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8204207.stm
(I know it's old news, but I just wanted a specific example)

Would you say your arguments are still valid in such cases?

More generally: laws are different all over the world. Laws have constantly been changed over time. How then, could you do as if the law is some kind universal truth? As if it should always, under any circumstance, be enforced, regardless of exceptional cases?

To each his or her opinion; if you think the deportation is justified, fine, but I think you can't defend it with such a shallow argument.