Poll: Loud Typing

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
Maybe he's got a deadline, eh?

I type 60-80 wpm and I make a hell of a lot of noise on any keyboard when I type as fast as I can.

Hypeoz

Oct 8, 2009
I use a mechanical mx cherry blue keyboard so when I hit the keys lightly it sounds really loud and I love it. If you don't know what a mechanical keyboard is look it up.

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
No. I like loud typing. I love loud typing!! It lets me know that I'm still clacking away. I've grown up with loud keyboards so any time that it isn't loud I feel empty.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ya some people really got no fines at all and just mash the keys as a rhino stampede, that sort of harsh treatment of tech really grinds my gears.
And then people go "well I really don't understand the quality of peripherals these days they die on me monthly"... how about you not operate things like a crazed monkey for once.

yizelin

Jun 20, 2011
One of my roommates back in college had a Dell "Quiet Key" from back in the days when a shotgun was considered quiet. Anything softer than that is negligible to me now :x

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I use minimal force to type.
But my mom does not.
Whenever I hear her typing on her laptop, I cannot only hear the clickety-clack of her keyboard, but also a loud thumping reverberating from the table it sits on.
Drives me up the wall.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
I want a mechanical non-qwerty keyboard so I can type faster and louder!
MAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

So..... no.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
The only time I am typing loudly is when I am trying to look like I am taking notes in class when I am usually just fucking around on the internet, on TVTropes or something. But other than that, they aren't usually that annoying.

Nukekitten

Sep 21, 2014
Depends on the definition of loud. I find people who are just hammering the living daylights out of some poor keyboard annoying, sure.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I can't really complain. I know that I have unintentionally typed really loud when I'm in a hurry. I also sometimes have an issue where no matter how hard I try, I can't place my hands on the keys without feeling a lot of stress in them, and typing really hard helps relieve that stress.

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Damn. I hit "yes" on the poll before realizing what the actual question was. I don't find it all that annoying, but I have been told I type pretty loudly. I don't even know how I would make it quieter without halving my words per minute!

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
while i find it annoying I also don't really blame the person since i am from the era where keyboards where fucking loud no matter who was typing on them.