Poll: Male reproductive rights

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
wolas3214 said:
To the vasectomy crowd; So I should have to mutilate my body because a woman is too untrustworthy to use her birth control? That would be a violation of my civil rights.

To the condom crowd; they can break people. it happens.
so basically what you're saying is that no matter what people say you won't seriously consider their argument unless they agree with you?

honestly though I find this entire post offensive.

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
Sober Thal said:
wolas3214 said:
dyre said:
wolas3214 said:
Women are allowed to get abortions, even if the father wants to have the child. Another double-standard.
What the fuck? How is that a double standard? Fathers don't have to endure 9 months of pregnancy plus childbirth.
She brought it upon herself if she didnt abort it or use her pill. If she WANTS to keep it then by all means just dont force the father to be invovled if he doesnt want to.
The father makes the choice by having sex. Don't want the responsibility of being a father? Be more responsible in the first place. Problem solved.
The woman makes the choice to have sex too. otherwise its called rape.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
wolas3214 said:
dyre said:
wolas3214 said:
Women are allowed to get abortions, even if the father wants to have the child. Another double-standard.
What the fuck? How is that a double standard? Fathers don't have to endure 9 months of pregnancy plus childbirth.
She brought it upon herself if she didnt abort it or use her pill. If she WANTS to keep it then by all means just dont force the father to be invovled if he doesnt want to.
What? That's the exact opposite of your original point. We're talking about women who DON'T want to have the child even though the father wants to have it.

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
Epicspoon said:
wolas3214 said:
To the vasectomy crowd; So I should have to mutilate my body because a woman is too untrustworthy to use her birth control? That would be a violation of my civil rights.

so basically what you're saying is that no matter what people say you won't seriously consider their argument unless they agree with you?

honestly though I find this entire post offensive.
Nope. if anyone can dismantle the original post with logic then i'd be happy to listen. My bottom line a birth contract would be much easier on many children, men and women.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
Force a woman to have an abortion? No way. Her body.

Allow a man to renounce all his rights as a father/boyfriend/husband, for ever, and have a lifelong restraining order keeping him away from both mother and child, in exchange for not having to pay alimony? Yes, I could get behind that. But only if he's legally forced to never go near the child or mother again - otherwise, abuse and loopholes could arise. This would simply modify alimony laws, rather than create new ways of intervening in our personal lives.

Kenami

Nov 3, 2010
...how old are you? I refuse that an acting adult in our society would think this way...

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
somonels said:
Sober Thal said:
I read the first two sentences...

A man makes that choice when he has unprotected sex.

Don't want a kid? Keep it in your pants.
And if a woman doesn't want a child, she should take a course of pills and have her brain ****ed out by whoever?
*Edit* Sorry, left a bit out. A woman only claiming to be on the pill is not unheard of. While you may be talking about one-nighters, the problem is that a married woman can force the conception, without consent from the male.

I'd support this. Right now, everything can and is blamed on the man.
All things considered, do we really need yet another regulation defining how we go about our personal relationships? Can't we just let people sort things out themselves? People are perfectly capable of communication and do not need a court or legal documents to do so. If the woman is to be so deceitful, then yeah, okay that's a bit unfair, but is it really up to us to tell her what she can or cannot do with her child? Is it that hard for the couple to resolve their differences themselves?

Our culture is being driven towards being a "nanny-state" where all the risks are eliminated by laws which prohibit any activity which may be of risk. Honestly, people are intelligent enough to work out for themselves what risks they want to take, and if they stuff up it's their own fault. The government, law or law enforcement, or courts should not be held accountable for the failings of the individuals

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
dyre said:
wolas3214 said:
dyre said:
wolas3214 said:
What? That's the exact opposite of your original point. We're talking about women who DON'T want to have the child even though the father wants to have it.
Read the entirety. Thats a part of it yes the other part is an actual birth cotnract detailing whether or not the man should have to support or even have a child before the act.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
wolas3214 said:

dogstile said:
Sober Thal said:

Just the important bit, I don't have too much time.

But contraception fails or can be sabotaged. Its actually not uncommon, right now I see where the OP is coming from as honestly, society completely blames the man, still.

Doesn't mean I agree, but something needs to change.
Perhaps the solution here is to NOT stick your dick in anything that can be considered untrustworthy.

Honestly, if it ever crosses your mind that the lady your banging may sabotage a condom, then you may want to stop right there, on the spot, put some pants on, and leave.

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
Araksardet said:

Allow a man to renounce all his rights as a father/boyfriend/husband, for ever, and have a lifelong restraining order keeping him away from both mother and child, in exchange for not having to pay alimony? Yes, I could get behind that. But only if he's legally forced to never go near the child or mother again - otherwise, abuse and loopholes could arise.
Go near the child? As in confront them or restraining order of 'not allowed to be within 100 feet of them?'

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
meganmeave said:
If a man doesn't want a child, he should be able to have control over what happens to his genetic material
He kind of does. He just has to avoid putting his dick in things with receptive ovums.

Seriously, guys, if you think this is a big problem, put some sperm on ice and get yourself a vasectomy. This may sound blunt, but you really do ultimately have control over your own sperm. Unrealistic? Maybe. But so is the idea that you are going to be running around forcing women to abort because you got too drunk to put on a condom.

Edit

it's legal and free to do so
Wait? What? When did this become free now? You've been watching too much Fox news.
Thank you, sir, for having common sense. This seems to be lacking in modern society

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
wolas3214 said:
dyre said:
wolas3214 said:
dyre said:
wolas3214 said:
Read the entirety. Thats a part of it yes the other part is an actual birth cotnract detailing whether or not the man should have to support or even have a child before the act.
The rest of your post is just as ridiculous. The father has no right to tell the mother what to do with her own body.

A law saying the father may opt out of raising the child if he makes it clear in advance that he wants an abortion makes a bit more theoretical sense, but making it straight-up illegal is retarded.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
wolas3214 said:
Araksardet said:

Allow a man to renounce all his rights as a father/boyfriend/husband, for ever, and have a lifelong restraining order keeping him away from both mother and child, in exchange for not having to pay alimony? Yes, I could get behind that. But only if he's legally forced to never go near the child or mother again - otherwise, abuse and loopholes could arise.
Go near the child? As in confront them or restraining order of 'not allowed to be within 100 feet of them?'
Whichever works best to make sure deadbeat dads don't skip out for the first five years then show up on the woman's doorstep demanding to be a part of the child's life.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
Dexiro said:
Is it still unrealistic to expect someone to get an abortion if they impregnated themselves forcefully or without the partners consent?
I think this is a horrific idea. I don't think you can do a paternity test until much later in a pregnancy, and the later you leave them, the more complicated abortions become. So either you are advocating that blokes should have the right to demand women abort their babies because it might be theirs, or you are going to forcefully perform serious surgery on women. There are risks associated with any surgery. People do die during abortions, and the later the abortion the higher risk. Do you seriously advocate doctors should perform these surgeries forcefully on women?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
wolas3214 said:

dogstile said:
Sober Thal said:

Just the important bit, I don't have too much time.

But contraception fails or can be sabotaged. Its actually not uncommon, right now I see where the OP is coming from as honestly, society completely blames the man, still.

Doesn't mean I agree, but something needs to change.
Perhaps the solution here is to NOT stick your dick in anything that can be considered untrustworthy.

Honestly, if it ever crosses your mind that the lady your banging may sabotage a condom, then you may want to stop right there, on the spot, put some pants on, and leave.
Most cases of condom sabotage that you hear about happen when the couple is married and the husband doesn't want to have a kid and the wife does, or vice versa. Considering marriage is one of the biggest examples of trust there is, I don't think its that simple.

I would like the world to be as simple as you described, I really would, but its not.

rje5

Apr 27, 2011
Sorry there are other ways to have sexual interaction without sticking it in. If you don't want to get a DUI, don't drink and drive. If you don't want to get fired, don't not do your job. If you don't want a kid, don't have sex.

People today want want want, and don't want to accept consequences of their actions.

Seishiroa

Feb 3, 2011
wolas3214 said:
Is this change to our society really too much to ask?
It certainly is not, however it could be hard to push actuall equallity against all the feminist peer pressure.

And in addition, allow me to congratulate you to one of the most thoughtfull topics I've seen here in a long time.

dyre said:
Not quiet true, the basic assumption here is that a woman would only want a child if she could forcefull enlist the fathers aid in raising it.

If that assumption where untrue and the woman would willingly relenquish all demands towards the father then she could go ahead.

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
So wait... if the guy wants to keep the kid but the girl doesn't, she should be forced to have to give birth to it anyway? I agree there are a lot of double standards in the world, but I don't believe this is really one we can avoid. The fact of the matter is, its the woman that has to go through the pregnancy and the birth - both of which aren't exactly pleasent (neither is getting an abortion from what I hear).

InfiniteSingularity

Apr 9, 2010
The issue is about who get's the power to make the decision - the mother, or the father? It currently stands as the mother, and some people are getting shitty because they don't get the power. Sorry, but women get priority because they are the ones who are pregnant. It is their body, and it should be their choice. The man does not get any say in the matter. Yeah okay they should agree, but when they don't, who gets benefit of the doubt? Well, the mother of course. Because it's her body. It's what it comes down to. And it should never change