Poll: Male reproductive rights

mrscientist411

Jul 6, 2011
Well, prepare for a wall o' text...

First of all gents, it IS the woman's body, you can't force anything on her. HOWEVER, the option is there to abort, if she chooses not to take it and he does not want responsibility we should not be stuck paying. I'll explain why by going over the main points I have seen here.

A: Birth control: Condoms do fail, I'm sorry but it isn't the solve all to this argument. In the case of any birth control failure the man should not be held accountable if the woman decides to keep the child. That being said you are a moron if you have sex without protection if you do not want a child.

B: Sterilization: Also not a good solution. Understand that when going through the process doctors tell the patient to assume it will NOT be reversible. Roughly 80% of the time it is, but 20% is a lot to ask for a failure rate. We may not want children yet, but perhaps later. Frozen sperm also have an expiration date...

C: Abstinence: Let's be honest, this isn't a viable option for any normal man. Women will disagree because their "switch" isn't on all the time. Granted it is there, and it is extremely powerful when it is, but it isn't an all consuming thought. In 4 seconds men produce as many sex cells as women will have in their entire life. Testosterone production also always runs at a steady level for men, which is why we are ready to go at the drop of a hat. Women have a steady buildup of estrogen as they get closer to ovulation, which is why they seem ready to pounce you about 3-4 days from their period. This makes it extremely deadly for men, because oftentimes the horniest of women are also the most fertile. So, either all those men out there hypocritically saying "keep it in your pants" have either A: never been set upon by a woman in heat (a fun and scary experience at the same time, trust me I know) or B: are already in a steady relationship later in life with a steady supply of sex.
Sorry ladies, but sex is kind of a biological need for us men, studies show that men who have regular sex have much lower instances of prostate cancer, much lower levels of stress, increased testosterone production for a longer period of time as we age and an increased longevity, by as much as 10 years.
On a side note, remember abstinence is only 99.999% effective, remember jesus? ;)

In essence, it is absolutely the woman's choice on abortion, however it is the father's in involvement. Simply because the woman decides to keep it does not make it the man's responsibility to have to care for it, particularly in instances where birth control was used.

Machiavellian007

Mar 2, 2010
How the fuck is this thread still active?

It's a ridiculous idea, and totally violates women's rights. Women's decisions about pregnancy should carry more weight than a man's because, oh, let's see: WOMEN CARRY THE FUCKING BABY.

I notice that you are a male. Do you want children? Well, perhaps you might consider what it would be like carrying one for nine months as it develops inside you and feeds off you.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
I'm undecided.

On one hand, if anyone (male or female) wants a baby and wants to get someone responsible for that baby, they can pretty much do anything to get it. Punch holes in condoms, stop taking the pill, refuse an abortion, etc. If you're willing to have sex but you don't want a child, and the other party thinks otherwise, you're pretty much fucked.

On the other hand, just how often is this the case? Why would you be willing to have sex with someone without understanding just how and why they are having sex with you? I understand and don't really mind casual sex as far as ethical issues go, but in this day and age when birth control and STD prevention are both as questionable as they are now, this isn't an ethical issue, but a practical issue. We don't have the technology to let you have sex without guaranteeing that you might get a baby or an STD. This is not a risk we can prevent yet, so it's completely up to your own discretion.

Now, as for the contract...

It's a completely arbitrary contract. Like marriage. There's no reason why you shouldn't be legally allowed to do it, but there's no reason why everybody has to.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
The way I see it, unprotected sex pretty much equates with consent for children. I realize people have sex for enjoyment, but for once, people take some responsibility! Great pleasure usually comes along with its own responsibility.
Of course, this kind of reasoning only to men which is the problem.
why? There is also responsibility on the Woman's part if the sex is consensual
Yes there is but do you support the legal opt out the women have, abortion?
No, but not because of an inequality issue.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
zehydra said:
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
The way I see it, unprotected sex pretty much equates with consent for children. I realize people have sex for enjoyment, but for once, people take some responsibility! Great pleasure usually comes along with its own responsibility.
That's too bad because men deserve equality too.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
Crono1973 said:
zehydra said:
That's too bad because men deserve equality too.
Well sure, I agree. But I don't really see there being an inequality issue where abortion is concerned.

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Not really stating an opinion through this but it would help with the overpopulation and annoying brat issue that we're starting to get affected by. I mean, if children who wouldn't have the appropriate life simply weren't born it would solve a lot of problems. Of course it's not that simple.

EDIT: I'd also like to state that with an idea with so many positives and negatives (depending on an individuals beliefs) this thread was bound to get quite a few responses.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Titan Buttons said:
Crono1973 said:
Titan Buttons said:
Crono1973 said:
Titan Buttons said:
Why should someone have to compromise their religious views because the guy they where with didn't pull out or could just wait and not have sex untill he was ready for the responsibility of a child?
Someone with religious views that forbid abortion shouldn't be having a one night stand or sex without marriage anyway.
Good point, but if that's the case then the guy could've just used a condom
Is there a reason why everything is the guys fault or responsibility? Why does no one say, she should have kept her pants up or used birth control?

People act like women are children and can't be held accountable for their own actions while men have to be accountable for not only their own actions, but the actions and decisions of women. Isn't it kinda sexist to view women that way?
No I agree with that completely, I do say "Why doesn't she just raise the child herself, she doesn't need a man to do that", though I do believe that it is more difficult for an only parent to raise children, but plenty of men and women have done this.
I was only questioning the ridiculous concept that a man can control if a woman can or can't be able to use her reproductive system.
Yeah it's a silly idea, the OP's idea and most people on this thread don't support it.

It's funny, when women complain to me about how the father of their child is a deadbeat and how easy he has it only having to pay I always say "Why not switch roles with the father, let him raise the child and you pay child support". Most women are completely opposed to this. It's just funny though that they say that paying child support is so easy but they wouldn't want to switch places because raising the child has it's rewards while simply paying for it is a thankless position to be in.
Well I thnk in some of those situations the father is either no better of a parent then they are or worse, although the main reason I believe the reason they don't want to trade jobs is that the mother doesn't want to be seperated from there child regurdless of the difficult that comes with raising them.
Though of course I acknowledge there are cases where the mother has custody and out of spite doesn't let the father seen their child.

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
Considering the woman has possession of the child, I think she gets the final word. It's not fair, but c'est la vie.

MorgulMan

Apr 8, 2009
Wow, that's about the most vile thing I've read today.

The sex act is a reproductive act. All the surgeries and drugs and barriers in the world may try to rob it of its essence, but biology will not be gainsaid. Do people have sex intending merely physical pleasure? Sure. But their intent does not change the nature of the act any more than, for instance, if I ate an entire half gallon of ice cream. I may have done it merely as a means of physical pleasure, enjoying its savory sweetness. But that doesn't change the fact that eating is a biological act with the end of digestion, and the nutritional content of my "meal" will have an effect on my body.

Murder is not a solution to a guy not being able to keep it in his pants.

Dr.Nick

Mar 26, 2009
Crono1973 said:
Dr.Nick said:
You do realize that having the whole point of sex is to have offspring? If you want to have sex then you need to take responsibility and acknowledge the fact that there is a risk that the female will get pregnant. You need to take responsibility and say, "Ok, I want to have sex and I know there's a risk of her getting pregnant and if she does I will do my duty as a parent." That child has as much right to live as anyone once it is conceived. You can't have sex and not take responsibility. Too many people just treat sex like an act that has no consequence and place only blame when someone gets pregnant. If you don't want to risk having a baby then don't have vaginal sex (or whatever the term is). There's plenty of other ways you can get off with your partner.

And no condoms aren't a good work around because there's still a chance they will break.
So you are against abortion then?
Yes.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
mrscientist411 said:
Well, prepare for a wall o' text...

First of all gents, it IS the woman's body, you can't force anything on her. HOWEVER, the option is there to abort, if she chooses not to take it and he does not want responsibility we should not be stuck paying. I'll explain why by going over the main points I have seen here.

A: Birth control: Condoms do fail, I'm sorry but it isn't the solve all to this argument. In the case of any birth control failure the man should not be held accountable if the woman decides to keep the child. That being said you are a moron if you have sex without protection if you do not want a child.

B: Sterilization: Also not a good solution. Understand that when going through the process doctors tell the patient to assume it will NOT be reversible. Roughly 80% of the time it is, but 20% is a lot to ask for a failure rate. We may not want children yet, but perhaps later. Frozen sperm also have an expiration date...

C: Abstinence: Let's be honest, this isn't a viable option for any normal man. Women will disagree because their "switch" isn't on all the time. Granted it is there, and it is extremely powerful when it is, but it isn't an all consuming thought. In 4 seconds men produce as many sex cells as women will have in their entire life. Testosterone production also always runs at a steady level for men, which is why we are ready to go at the drop of a hat. Women have a steady buildup of estrogen as they get closer to ovulation, which is why they seem ready to pounce you about 3-4 days from their period. This makes it extremely deadly for men, because oftentimes the horniest of women are also the most fertile. So, either all those men out there hypocritically saying "keep it in your pants" have either A: never been set upon by a woman in heat (a fun and scary experience at the same time, trust me I know) or B: are already in a steady relationship later in life with a steady supply of sex.
Sorry ladies, but sex is kind of a biological need for us men, studies show that men who have regular sex have much lower instances of prostate cancer, much lower levels of stress, increased testosterone production for a longer period of time as we age and an increased longevity, by as much as 10 years.
On a side note, remember abstinence is only 99.999% effective, remember jesus? ;)

In essence, it is absolutely the woman's choice on abortion, however it is the father's in involvement. Simply because the woman decides to keep it does not make it the man's responsibility to have to care for it, particularly in instances where birth control was used.
Oh hello OP I almost didn't recognize you with your new profile.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
trooper6 said:
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
Gays and lesbians never even crossed my mind.

And i'm just saying that some people who did actually try to enjoy sex with protection shouldn't be PUNISHED for it.
Of course is didn't cross your mind..

This whole thread is so full of misogyny and heterosexism that I just don't even know what to say.
The topic here is reproduction, gays and lesbians cannot reproduce and are therefor not included. That is why it is full of heterosexism. Or is there something about gays and lesbians you feel we should add here? If you have something to say, say it.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Brilliant idea, worried feminists will have a go at this thread though, and barrage it with hate on how 'it's the women baring the child' etc.
But yeah, I think it's a great idea, although leave off us Christians - we don't do anything wrong .... most of us.... usually

Da Chi

Sep 6, 2010
Facepalm. Every man and every woman should know about safe sex procedures. Don't want to follow them? You have no say after that because you are unfit to make any decisions.

Tough love *****. Quit your whining.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I'm nowhere near anything considered to be a feminist but... Good God no

No way in hell. This is one step forward and about 50 steps back.

I have no problem with abortion. I think it's a perfectly healthy back up plan. But to make it so that a woman would be forced to have an abortion just because some drunken fratboy asshole couldn't keep it in his pants?

That's as close to murder as you're going to get in terms of abortion.

Now I do understand that society nowadays has become incredibly sexist in absolutely every way in modern day society, but this is where we would draw the line.

It's pretty hard for a guy to get raped. We have the best birth control of all. It's pretty simple
meganmeave said:
Just avoid putting your dick in things with receptive ovums.
Edited a little bit, hope you don't mind.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
wolas3214 said:
To the vasectomy crowd; So I should have to mutilate my body because a woman is too untrustworthy to use her birth control? That would be a violation of my civil rights.

To the condom crowd; they can break people. it happens.
No one said you can have sex and be 100% sure that the woman wouldn't become pregnant, even if its 95% its still a risk dude.

MrStab

Mar 24, 2011
Sits quietly and hopes for OP to be banned for being a complete fucking mungaloid.

Are you serious or is this a really inventive troll? You can't force abortions on people. I'm a male and I don't go around sticking my dick inside every single woman I see so I don't see it as being a problem for me personally.

Dec 16, 2009
love all "dont wanna baby, dont have s**" responses

people who most likely havent been so drunk they woke up the next day wondering who that is next to them, how they got where they are and what the hell happened.

-do you think someone in that state has made an informed decision to bring a life into the world?

also

-do you think enforcing a child on someone because they are responsible for the conception is healthy for the child? ie do you think that an unwilling person, regardless whether they should have thought of the consequenses, would make a good parent if forced?