Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Gotta love a bunch of upset middle class white teenagers throwing their toys out of the pram because they are obviously discriminated against by everyone and everything. This idea is ridiculous and unreasonable, and no human should have a contract over another humans physical or psychological life. That's what we in the industry refer to as slavery.
So does your rule here apply to men and their court ordered labor as slavery?
What court ordered labour? If they don't like having kids, they can leave. Hell, my old man moved to the other side of the world, I've never had a penny from him.

Frankly, they have a responsibility, but they don't have to take it.
You do know that courts order child support, don't you? You do know that men have to work for that money don't you?

Court ordered labor. Can't believe I had to explain that.
I can't believe that you think that men can't, or don't get around that. I can't believe that you are arguing when I gave you a specific example of how to do so. I can't believe that the men you know can't find better lawyers
There is no legal way around child support unless you can prove (at your expense) that the child is not yours and there is a time limit on that.

If you are suggesting illegal activity, that is outside the scope of the discussion. Most men aren't willing to become criminals so they follow the law (if they can afford to) whether they agree with it or not.
Moving to somewhere under a different judicial system isn't illegal. Child support isn't always mandatory
Well, it is if they have already suspended your passport (which they do now). Obviously they do that to prevent people from moving out of their jurisdiction.

The system is broken and finding ways around it is fine but the system won't be changed by people running from it, they will just keep making it worse for those who don't run.
I guess they can suspend your passport, but they won't do it for skipping out on paying child support. Either way, millions of men get away with not paying it around the world, so I can't relate child support as the same thing as a "baby contract" or whatever.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Gotta love a bunch of upset middle class white teenagers throwing their toys out of the pram because they are obviously discriminated against by everyone and everything. This idea is ridiculous and unreasonable, and no human should have a contract over another humans physical or psychological life. That's what we in the industry refer to as slavery.
What court ordered labour? If they don't like having kids, they can leave. Hell, my old man moved to the other side of the world, I've never had a penny from him.

You do know that courts order child support, don't you? You do know that men have to work for that money don't you?

I can't believe that you think that men can't, or don't get around that. I can't believe that you are arguing when I gave you a specific example of how to do so. I can't believe that the men you know can't find better lawyers
There is no legal way around child support unless you can prove (at your expense) that the child is not yours and there is a time limit on that.

If you are suggesting illegal activity, that is outside the scope of the discussion. Most men aren't willing to become criminals so they follow the law (if they can afford to) whether they agree with it or not.
Moving to somewhere under a different judicial system isn't illegal. Child support isn't always mandatory
Well, it is if they have already suspended your passport (which they do now). Obviously they do that to prevent people from moving out of their jurisdiction.

The system is broken and finding ways around it is fine but the system won't be changed by people running from it, they will just keep making it worse for those who don't run.
I guess they can suspend your passport, but they won't do it for skipping out on paying child support. Either way, millions of men get away with not paying it around the world, so I can't relate child support as the same thing as a "baby contract" or whatever.
So, once a court orders child support, you believe that it is legal to skip out? That's called contempt of court and yes they do suspend passports for non payment of child support.

Here's a link from Ohio: http://www.hcmmlaw.com/blog/2011/01/15/non-payment-of-child-support-may-result-in-denial-of-a-passport/

All I did was Google it and I saw links from Indiana, Minnesota, New Jersey.

Before you respond to me again, use Google! Know your shit before you talk it!

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:

So, once a court orders child support, you believe that it is legal to skip out? That's called contempt of court and yes they do suspend passports for non payment of child support.
http:
Here's a link from Ohio: //www.hcmmlaw.com/blog/2011/01/15/non-payment-of-child-support-may-result-in-denial-of-a-passport/

How about you provide details for the thousands who don't get their passports revoked before you take a minute selection of the population and make a sweeping generalisation? How about you pay attention to the countries to which I had been referring to? How about you read the article that you post, and what it actually says (you know, that bit about arrears) before you assume what it's about and make yourself look silly? How about we leave this week old discussion knowing that neither of us are going to change our stance

StarsintheBlood

Oct 12, 2010
Crono1973 said:
StarsintheBlood said:
Crono1973 said:
karamazovnew said:
Nope... just put a condom and be careful who you have sex with. She's got a lot more to loose out of this, so it's her choice. But in this case, it should be just her responsibility. She's as much to blame for getting pregnant as you are.

By the way, a tip: f*ck anti-conception pills. The side-effects are horrible in the long run. Don't go near the stuff, just use condoms.
Do tell, what is all this that she has to lose that a man doesn't? She has to carry the baby for 9 months (well, she doesn't have to but you get the point)? That's it.

Now let's look at her gains:

- free money for 18 years just for having a baby. This will be government enforced.
- free medical
- free food
- free or reduced cost housing

Now let's look at his gains:

- a child he didn't want. Unlike her, his choices ended after sex.

Well, I can't think of anything else for this column. Maybe you can.
Sorry, I find myself a little confused. Is this hypothetical, because I've never heard of a mother getting all that free stuff.
Really? It happens all the time. Not much more I can say about it, look it up for yourself and see the world of poor single mothers.
Yeeeah, thing is, I have a single mother who never got any of those benefits, nor have any of my friends or relatives with single mothers gotten it. I'm from a place where just about everyone either has or knows someone with a law degree (Connecticut), and those benefits are pretty rare. Sooo... perhaps it depends on the state you live in? I dunno. *shrugs

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
StarsintheBlood said:
Crono1973 said:
StarsintheBlood said:
Crono1973 said:
karamazovnew said:
Nope... just put a condom and be careful who you have sex with. She's got a lot more to loose out of this, so it's her choice. But in this case, it should be just her responsibility. She's as much to blame for getting pregnant as you are.

By the way, a tip: f*ck anti-conception pills. The side-effects are horrible in the long run. Don't go near the stuff, just use condoms.
Do tell, what is all this that she has to lose that a man doesn't? She has to carry the baby for 9 months (well, she doesn't have to but you get the point)? That's it.

- free money for 18 years just for having a baby. This will be government enforced.
- free medical
- free food

Sorry, I find myself a little confused. Is this hypothetical, because I've never heard of a mother getting all that free stuff.
Really? It happens all the time. Not much more I can say about it, look it up for yourself and see the world of poor single mothers.
Yeeeah, thing is, I have a single mother who never got any of those benefits, nor have any of my friends or relatives with single mothers gotten it. I'm from a place where just about everyone either has or knows someone with a law degree (Connecticut), and those benefits are pretty rare. Sooo... perhaps it depends on the state you live in? I dunno. *shrugs
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:

http:
Here's a link from Ohio: //www.hcmmlaw.com/blog/2011/01/15/non-payment-of-child-support-may-result-in-denial-of-a-passport/

How about you provide details for the thousands who don't get their passports revoked before you take a minute selection of the population and make a sweeping generalisation? How about you pay attention to the countries to which I had been referring to? How about you read the article that you post, and what it actually says (you know, that bit about arrears) before you assume what it's about and make yourself look silly? How about we leave this week old discussion knowing that neither of us are going to change our stance
Yes, let's do. Your solution is to run away from child support, that won't fix anything. Do you suggest poor people rob a bank?

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Crono1973 said:
StarsintheBlood said:
Crono1973 said:
StarsintheBlood said:
Crono1973 said:
karamazovnew said:

- free medical
- free food

Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:
Crono1973 said:
Verlander said:

http:

Yes, let's do. Your solution is to run away from child support, that won't fix anything. Do you suggest poor people rob a bank?
No, but occasionally I suggest that idiots get educated.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Flare Phoenix said:
Death God said:
.... um, no. I'm not going to go on a big, long and boringly lengthy post here so I'll just point out one example; If a woman is raped and wished to aport the child of a man who forced her to have sex with him unwillingly, she should have the right. And besides, the DNA comes from both the man and the woman. The man gives the seed and the woman feeds and nurtures the fetus. Sadly, this whole post seems a bit "troll-ish" to me though. So, make whaterev you guys will of this post.
Oh sure, if a woman gets raped the guy has absolutely no right to voice his opinion on any child that may have been conceived. The issue here is that if a woman should fall pregnant, the male is usually seen as a scumbag and should "pay for his actions" while the woman is seen as a delicate little flower that needs protecting - despite the fact it is insanely easy for a woman to trick a man into impregnating her.

Really, if someone doesn't want to raise a child they should have to pay child support, and it should work both ways. I'm not sure how child support currently works, but I believe it should be based on how much the person required to pay it is earning. For example, if a single mother is insanely rich and the father is living from paycheck to paycheck, I don't believe he should be required to pay child support as she really doesn't need it in that scenario.
If a man rapes a woman, than yes, he should have no rights to the baby. The man and woman should both have consent to have a child. If a person is drunk or drugged up and have a child, then it is their fault for using them without precautions and thus, they should both beheld responsible. But a woman raped doesn't consent to having a child and the man who raped her should be not have the rights to force her to keep the baby she didn't want in the first place. I can see from previous post from you that you are quite dead-set on your views and no matter what arguement I try to make, you most likely will not be swayed. As such, I am not going to even try to continue on with these post. I have my own opinions and you have yours. Simple as that.