Poll: Marijuana

sallene

Dec 11, 2008
Drugs are bad mmmkaay.

So long as the pot smokers keep that shit at home and not smoke and then drive while under the influence or around kids or on the job then I have no problem with people who smoke.

Also, I dont want to hear about how "awesome" smoking pot is every 5 minutes from pot heads.

ArcadianTrance

Jan 11, 2009
Agayek said:
I don't smoke, but I support the legalization of it.

Then again, I also support the legalization of heroine, cocaine, LSD, and every other narcotic you can think of.
Ah I see your plan make it legal so the junkies come out of hiding then kill them off, your an evil master mind... I respect that.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Used to smoke it for years, then it got boring, I won't even take it for free now, I no longer find the feeling pleasant.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
ArcadianTrance said:
Ah I see your plan make it legal so the junkies come out of hiding then kill them off, your an evil master mind... I respect that.
If you want to take it that way, go for it.

I'm just anti-government regulations on things that do no harm to anyone but the self. Thus, I think all narcotics should be fully legal.

That said, anyone who then commits some form of crime while high needs to be shot.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
letsnoobtehpwns said:
No, if I wanted to make myself stupid and even more ugly, I would speed up the process and smash myself in the face with a shovel a couple of times.
Here Here!

I only know one smart person who smokes pot, but he was wierd and crazy to begin with.

Every other person I know who smokes pot is a total douche or a complete moron who wouldn't believe the Earth is round.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Gormourn said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I steer clear of it as I've heard it has a negative effect on writters, also known as "Everything I write is pure gold" syndrome.
That's hardly the only thing that causes that "syndrome" in writers.

>_<
Well there are many forms of it, but this particular variety is caused by marijuana, because if the writter is viewing their work through crazy glasses, they'll forget that the most readers won't be, so what seems absolutely amazing to them will likey be incredibly mundane when read by someone not flying high.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Darth Mobius said:
Wayne Insane said:
I realised just now that there are a lot of Weed-Related posts here on the Escapist,so I was getting curious about how many of you actually smoke.
I don't ask for any replies to this post, (I mean ,you can comment if you want, of course)just anonymously answer the poll, and nobody will know about your little secret ;).

P.S.:That's my first thread and I hope I didn't do anything wrong
I tried it, didn't get high, and decided it wasn't worth it. It isn't half as bad as everyone thinks it is. You don't have the energy to be violent, so I have no idea why those commercials always show something bad happening...
Nobody gets high the first time. I didn't start to really feel it until my third time. Also, you're right about it being overblown. Obviously there are some health risks but I see it as no more harmful than a Mcdonalds big mac. It's fine every once in a while, but don't have one every day for the next five years. Bad things may and probably will happen.

nokelso

May 24, 2009
Never have, never will. I was raised by stoners, I found their bong when I was 3. Never settled well with me.

Syndef

Nov 14, 2008
I don't smoke, and I don't think I'll ever start, despite all the supposedly good things I've heard about it. I'm also rather broke, so I can't afford to spare any expense especially now when I'm going to start my junior year of university.

However, I have no problem with weed itself or those who smoke it. I don't judge them differently than I do anyone else.

I also wouldn't mind having it legalized. California is knee-deep in debt and I can't see anything else that would bring it out of debt faster. Of course it might bring about some problems I don't know of.
Remember what happened after Britain asked the Saxons barbarians for help in driving out the Norman barbarians?

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
You could do the moral thing. poty dealers in mexico kill kids and make kids cross the border carring 50 pounds of it. The more people do it, the more money they make and the more kids they send. either legalize and tax it so it wont be illegal and people will gradually lose interest.

Also alomost every pothead i know is a douchebag who thinks thier the shit.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Gormourn said:
I think it'd be better overall to say that lack of, or impaired through any means, self-criticism generally leads to this problem.
Oh yeah, that can be fatal to a writter, but it's a bit different to what I'm talking about.
Look at it like this, people under the influence of marijuana often find very simple things more fascinating than those viewing the world in normal mode.
So it makes sense that a writter smoking marijuana while writting will find the things they're writting about more interesting and better written than those reading it through the afore mentioned normal vision.

-Orpheus-

May 5, 2009
Computer-Noob said:
In answer to your locked thread, you contradicted yourself. My sister has been smoking pot for four years, and yet, if it isnt a gateway drug, the "stupid" term that you say it is, why is she legally insane? Why did she drop out of high school?

I guess she just decided to quit for no reason. I guess 90 averages with no effort, going into a medical field, just had no appeal even though that was all she talked about. I guess she decided to hate her family for no reason, despite the support we showed before and after she started doing drugs. Pot Couldnt be the reason for this at all.

No medical damages, maybe for the kind that isnt laced with a bunch of other shit. Too bad you can't get that anyone but from a hospital, and you need to have it prescribed. Good luck getting some of that.
No I don't and for the reasons listed above. I have seen this, and worse, happen to people when they insisted that it never could.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Tdc2182 said:
You could do the moral thing. poty dealers in mexico kill kids and make kids cross the border carring 50 pounds of it. The more people do it, the more money they make and the more kids they send. either legalize and tax it so it wont be illegal and people will gradually lose interest.

Also alomost every pothead i know is a douchebag who thinks thier the shit.
Yeesh, I'm glad I buy my weed from a local grower in the northeast. Also, that's odd that they're all douchebags, since all the stoners I know are nice, friendly people.

Chaingang

Dec 22, 2008
In my opinion, people just use weed to make them feel better about themselves. This is a sign of weakness. What kind of person needs to feel good all the time? A needy, self-serving person, that's what. My best friend in the world is a huge pothead, and its starting to show. Shes failing classes, having random sex with her pothead friends (that she doesnt tell her bf about), and acting like an all-around *****. I hate what this is doing to her. Yes I blame weed, because no matter what I tried to do to make her feel better about whatever it was, she would tell me the next day that she had smoked about half a bag of weed that night. She said it made her feel great all the time. But I ask you, is feeling good all the time really such a good thing? If you always feel good, you cant have empathy for people. Why? Beacause youre in your own little world, thinking that everything is perfect and nothing can go wrong. Also, just to be fair, smoking and drinking should be illegal too. It all fucks you up, some moreso than others. Please, challenge this post.

Mar 16, 2009
I'll smoke it with friends every once in a while. The only real nice affects are going to sleep high and the tastiness of foods.

I haven't bought any before, nor do I intend on making it a habit.