Poll: Marilyn Manson- Love Him or Hate Him?

May 1, 2009
I wanted to make this thread to hear people's opinion about the Antichrist Superstar, the God of Fuck, Rev. Marilyn Manson. I want to know what people think of him. I want to know why people who hate him hate him, and why people who love him love him. Mostly I just want to start a flame war.

I love Marilyn Manson. His music, his style, his art, and his ideas are amazingly beautiful and original, if often disturbing to those who don't understand his message. I'd like to say up front that MANSON IS A PACIFIST-- ANTI-WAR, ANTI-VIOLENCE. The lyrics in his songs are meant to be sarcastic and told from the point of view of the media and religious groups. He points out what is wrong with the world with his extremism and his charicatures of words. As Manson told Bill O'Reilly in an interview, "The media has shown us that if we do something loud enough, and it gets the media's attention, then you will be famous for it. [The Columbine shooters] got on the cover of TIME magazine. They got exactly what they wanted." In his sarcastic style of turning the joke on us, he uses his loud obscenities and his extremism to get the media's attention and get his word to America through the people who hate and fear him. His influence has spread so wide that even the parents who fear him and the religious leaders who hate him have begun using terms such as 'Mansonesque' to describe something disturbing, extreme or grotesque. (A small side note, the defininition of Grotesque is "A glorious removal from a percieved norm" which some would say makes this a synonym of Unique.

If you've got time (12 min), please listen watch this speech. I've known it to change haters into believers.

If I don't stop typing now I'll go on forever. So without any more delay, let the poll begin.

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
I personally love the guy but he does get villified a lot. I am glad there are other's who understand what he is about.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Not really a fan of his music but have heard him speak a number of times on various subjects and find him quite erudite and interesting.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I do like the guy, but ever since he did the song tainted love for Not Another Teen Movie, i've just kinda considered him abit shallow. I did enjoy his section in the documentary Bowling For Columbine.

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
He just rambles on about stupid things in those videos.

Honestly, I just think his music is terrible. He looks like a terrible person and a sad conspiracy theorist.

But that's just me.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I don't listen to his music, but I don't have anything against him. Where's that option?

Guttural Engagement

Feb 17, 2010
I don't love him, but I don't hate him either. And the third option just isn't related to me at all.

I only like a couple of his songs, I'm into Black Metal; Death Metal and Grindcore - not this Industrial Nu-Metal stuff; or whatever he's considered.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
some of his music is pretty good. But I dont know much about his personal views to really judge.

I really only require music from musicians and rarely look into them for their personal opinions of the media, war or religion. I listen to music for music, nothing more and nothing less. I rarely look more into a artist then their discography

May 1, 2009
Guttural Engagement said:
I don't love him, but I don't hate him either. And the third option just isn't related to me at all.

I only like a couple of his songs, I'm into Black Metal; Death Metal and Grindcore - not this Industrial Nu-Metal stuff; or whatever he's considered.
That would be industrial.

And btw, to everyone else, the third option was a joke.

Paperplanes79

May 30, 2009
His concepts are a bit muddled but he gets his opinion through some how.

BUT any who i like his ideas but my problem is that he understands it's all a joke and for shock value but CONTINUES to sell this excuse for music I can only guess to make money to suburban kids who want to rebel. What ever happen to the 60's where kids rebelled with freedom of sexuality and good wholesome drugs?

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I prefer Trent Reznor to Mr. Manson.

I just like Reznors music more, he writes about things he has been through and the such, Manson writes mainly for shock.

Manson is no way a bad person, I just don't like his music is all.

EDIT: 1000 posts hermanos.

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
AwesomeExpress said:
He ate my girlfriend... so I don't like him so much.
How come I assumed something sexual before catching on to the actual joke?

OT: I love him. The man is an ARTIST.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
He used to be pretty cool, really cool even, but lately he's gotten fat and lazy, and his concerts are getting less and less exciting. Still a memorable guy though.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
"OH NO! He looks different and talks about things that are bad for our safe little media driven christian world! He must be the devil!!!"

lol

I think he's sweet.