Poll: Marilyn Manson- Love Him or Hate Him?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I think he's a terribly interesting person. I'm hit or miss (mostly miss, but some stuff is good) on his music though.

presidentjlh

Feb 10, 2010
I've never really listened to any of his music, I've heard "The Beautiful People" once, and I was just kinda thinking, "meh".

That basically sums up my opinion of him: "Meh."

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Oh come on... where's my "cake" option?

The only thing I've heard from him was "Right Round", which was OK, so I guess I "like " him...

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
I respect his views and agree with most of them. i also just love the way he freaks out all those puritanical Americans. He makes people think about stuff.
Dont care much for his music and he looks retarded, though.

I put my bid in for: love him

May 1, 2009
lacktheknack said:

The only thing I've heard from him was "Right Round", which was OK, so I guess I "like " him...
Oh I have to set that straight. That wasn't him. It's a band called Dope. They deserve credit, but ppl always give MM credit for some reason.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The Ruler of Nosgoth said:
lacktheknack said:

Oh I have to set that straight. That wasn't him. It's a band called Dope. They deserve credit, but ppl always give MM credit for some reason.
Oh. Then where's my "cake" option, now that I really need it?

May 1, 2009
Paperplanes79 said:
His concepts are a bit muddled but he gets his opinion through some how.

BUT any who i like his ideas but my problem is that he understands it's all a joke and for shock value but CONTINUES to sell this excuse for music I can only guess to make money to suburban kids who want to rebel. What ever happen to the 60's where kids rebelled with freedom of sexuality and good wholesome drugs?
It's not a joke. He's extremely serious about his views. I'm not sure how you can even think someone who has completely reinvented what is considered music, scared the hell out of every christian alive, and continues to push his message through all the millions of death threats and hatred is joking. And he's not just for the shock value, though that's a bonus. The shock is simply a tool to get people's attention. As he once said in an interview when asked about his bizarre appearance, "People dress a certain way in order to convey a certain message or to help get across a certain point. I dress the way I do and I look a certain way so that people will look at me in a certain way and listen to what I have to say."

And don't worry, drugs are still great. Manson once got into a baboon cage at the zoo while on ecstasy.

Yes, you read that correctly.

SupabadMan

Feb 26, 2010
He creeps me right the fuck out, but he has respectable opinions and I haven't really listened to his music so I don't know what I think of him...

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
You need to broaden your poll, I neither love nor hate manson, to me he is a very distinct "scmeh."
I will say he is more intilligent than most give him credit for, as a musician he is just insanely boring to me. That is all.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Aerodynamic said:
1000 posts hermanos.
WOOOOOO! PARTY PARTY PARTY!

And back on topic.

I really like his (well the BAND's) albums from Portrait of an American Family to Golden Age of Grotesque but after that it doesn't really do it for me. I think he presents some very interesting ideas in the music but the image seems to be a bit try hard. And its funny that he not only does music, but he also directs and paints.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
I normally don't make fun of fat people... but he's become such a whale that when I saw a recent pic of him I actually thought it was photoshopped. I guess that's what happens when you suddenly stop taking drugs.

OT: I like a few of his songs, but he's a total prick himself.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
I could handle him in small bursts, then I listened to other stuff and now he seems like the Hello Kitty of the metal world. He's far too cliché these days.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Not that keen on his sound but I dig the stuff he does (rather, what people says he does), its good for a giggle.

Also, your poll sucks.

Danistuta

Nov 3, 2009
In the mid-late 90's I thought he was pretty cool. 'Antichrist Superstar' was a great album but, sadly, none of his other albums really came close, especially everything he did circa 'Mechanical Animals.' His image was also best in the 90's - it pissed off people who were too dumb and conservative to treat it like the bit of fun that it was and was kinda cool for those who liked him. Since then though, he's lost any kind of style or 'shock factor' that he used to have. Now he's just a bit like Eminem, isn't he? Boring, forgettable and passed it.

So as to whether I love or hate him, the answer is neither - he never really enters my thoughts anymore.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
I like his music.
I don't really give a shit about Artist's politics.

snide_cake

Nov 29, 2009
Yeah, no more shock factor. He was in his prime in the 90's with the controversy and gossip surrounding him.

Now it's just all.....eh.

Although now whenever I think of him I can only think of him on Family Guy:

yoshimickster

Feb 5, 2010
I do not give a crap about this guy at all any more. He used to be all Satanic and weird, now there's nothing there. Nothing at all.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Yaaay! [a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dichotomy]False Dichotomy time![/a]
What if I just like some of his stuff? Or find certain aspects good or bad? Why is it only love and hate?

I like some of the more energetic songs. His 'radio friendly' songs as it were. Otherwise the music is kind of bland. Definitly a pro at getting media attention.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I like his music a bit. Antichrist superstar was good and that Mechanical Animals (which ever one had Dope Show on it) was good, but nothing else.

Plus, his fanbase scares the fuck out of me.