Poll: Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3, who isn't happy about this?

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I own a ps3, so i´m extremely happy. I dont understand how someone could be unhappy with this news.It´s not like ME3 wont be released for xbox 360 owners...

If xbox 360 players could play God of War III or Heavy Rain on their console, i´d be happy for them.

This "war" is silly.

Firebert

Jan 27, 2009
I'm happy it's now on Playstation 3, now more people can play it. I am upset that they don't get ME 1, though, it just doesn't make any sense to me to play the second game without first playing the original.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I myself don't like the Mass Effect series, but my mum is happy because she wanted to get it on the PS3 after her 360 broke, so she will be happy :D

I'm not bothered which console any game goes on, it doesn't effect me at all.

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
YA IT WAS ;), sorry about that! I'm not used to this forum yet and I just had an argument with this "jerk" on a different forum. I almost went off on you until I saw that last part then I wasn't sure. I agree people shouldn't be all huffy about it it's a great thing!

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Elivercury said:
They could get a company that knows its ways around the PS3's hardware to port it. And then sell it for something like 20 bucks on the PlayStation Store. That way the owners would make money. And people who only have PS3s get to experience it.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Angry about spreading the love around? No sir.

It's a game/story worth expanding to a bigger audience, a game that more people should be able to experience

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
PC Gamer still waiting for Halo 3 here....
Fancy taking care of your other customers Microsoft?

OT:
Good to know that the love is being shared. I find it rather ridiculous all this exclusive business. Why deprive people of the opportunity to play your game? I really do not want to be shelling out for a 360. I've really gone off consoles. Their only redeeming qualities are split-screen and ease of use.

T0MCAT

Nov 15, 2010
I think exclusives are irritating anyway. Why exclude part of your market from something that is potentially a masterpiece. Of course there is consideration to a consoles hardware such as the Wii but I'm only really referring to the big three here (PS3, Xbox 360 and PC).

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I tend to think Bioware having more money to put into future titles is a good thing.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
joebear15 said:
I am FUCKING pissed off about this. WHY in the HELL should the ps3 fanboys gain access to MY EXCLUSIVE GAMES. THey dont deserve to play me3 because they cleare clearly just scumbag sony fans who failed to see the GLORY of the clearly superior xbox 360. I am boycotting me3 untill it is returned to its rightful place as an exclusive

PRAISE MS
Sarcasm right?
I gotta check :)

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I couldn't care less either way about exclusives. I own a 360, and the only 360 exclusive game I think I have is Gears of War 2. I wouldn't get a PS3 just for an exclusive game, and if I had a PS3 and not a 360, I doubt I'd get a 360 for an exclusive.

I don't see how people can be unhappy to see an exclusive game to to the other console, it doesn't make a difference at all. It's just business sense for the game developer.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I never could understand why Microsoft never made Bioware one of their studios, they previously made their best exclusive game and now that game is no longer an exclusive. I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect so a chance to revisit the second one on my PS3 will definitely be taken up and depending on how my experience goes, I might just be getting 3 on my PS3 too.
So yeah, I'm happy but I think Microsoft have let a great thing slip out of their hands.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Azaraxzealot said:
I was really pleased with this, because this means that whenever I bring it up in conversation more people will know what I'm talking about and therefore more people can agree with me about how awesome this game is!

I see it as a way to bring unity to gamers when certain games go multiplatform, not as a bad thing. So, what are all you guys'/girls' thoughts?
I wish there was a world without exclusivity, and where games were made for all platforms !

also the absence of DLC and Economists as gaming company CEO's would make me happier.

Elivercury

May 25, 2009
RanD00M said:
Elivercury said:
They could get a company that knows its ways around the PS3's hardware to port it. And then sell it for something like 20 bucks on the PlayStation Store. That way the owners would make money. And people who only have PS3s get to experience it.
Such expertise no doubt comes at a premium for the time they save. I'm not saying that it wouldn't sell, it's just unlikely to in the volumes required to make it's low price turn them a profit. They'd have to pay for the distribution (even digital downloads cost money in bandwidth etc.), the porting fees, the fees/cut to Bioware for using their game, possible also fees to MS/EA for using the game they paid to own.

This is again all assuming MS don't own all the rights to the game or are willing to sell the rights to Sony, which isn't something they'd be likely to do as more exclusive games = more reasons to buy their console, even if the exclusives are old.

If anything I'd say the PS3 version will have an edge in a way. If the interactive comic book lets you make all the key decisions in ME1, then you can just spend 15 minutes playing with it to find the combination you like best, instead of having to play through the entire 30-40 hour game several times.

Plus if they want the full trilogy experience that badly they can always just pick up ME1 on PC for like £10. The system requirements are pretty modest given the game is 3 years old and I would imagine any PC bought in the past year would be able to run it.

YesConsiderably

Jul 9, 2010
Well, while Bioware are working on getting the PS3 version ready, DLC has dried up entirely.

Were the game not going to the PS3, they would have had no reason to hold it back.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
I'm unhappy because Bioware are being lazy and not even bothering to at least port #1 as well. Including an interactive prequel comic will NOT be a worthy substitute for a full videogame experience. >_>
The Blu-Ray disc has a good 50GB of space on it. I'm sure Bioware will do more than put in an interactive comic.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
I'm unhappy because Bioware are being lazy and not even bothering to at least port #1 as well. Including an interactive prequel comic will NOT be a worthy substitute for a full videogame experience. >_>
well microsoft own publishing rights for the 1st ME, though now the series has EA as a publisher so now the PS3 will never get the original mass effect, but it can have literally EVERYTHING else that the other consoles get, plus I like how Bioware are trying to justify the year-long wait, what with the interactive coice thing-a-ma-jig at the start and all of the DLC packed into it essentially making the PS3 version the GOTY edition

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
You don't get Mass Effect one Playstation boys, so sucks to be you XD

But yeah, I don't care if they get it; Mass Effect's a great game and everybody deserves to play it. It's just a shame they'll never get the full experience.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
EcoEclipse said:
I am not excited about Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3. You wanna know why?

Because Mass Effect isn't coming to PS3.

Why in the holy name of fuck would they release a sequel to another platform, but not the first? Especially with a story-centric game like ME. Us PS3 gamers are shit out of luck, because we can't get our own backstory by playing ME and making our own decisions, which as I understand can affect your ME2 storyline, so instead we'll have to start from scratch in the middle of the plot, essentially.

This is really lame, honestly.
well hey, it could be worse, they could start a series on a platform and never finish it(I'm looking at YOU halo and gears of war)