Poll: Mass Effect 2 coming to PS3, who isn't happy about this?

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
As an adult who doesn't rely on Mommy and Daddy to buy my consoles, I don't need to exclusives to be happy and provide "support for my brand." I didn't choose between different brands because I own all of the current gen consoles. I enjoy the freedom to choose which console to purchase games on based on which gives a better experience. Chances are, the experience won't change at all between 360 and PS3 for ME2, so...meh?

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
No, I am not angry, because I am finally able to play it. The Interactive Comic looks good as well, so I can craft different saves extremely quickly. I am looking forward to it a lot.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
soniceric said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
I'm unhappy because Bioware are being lazy and not even bothering to at least port #1 as well. Including an interactive prequel comic will NOT be a worthy substitute for a full videogame experience. >_>
They can't port the first im pretty sure Microsoft owns it.
Microsoft does own the first one, Sony can't have it even if they paid for it.

Thus the reason for the comic. But it's an interactive comic based on the plot of ME1 made so that you can define what will happen in ME2 from what I've heard, so its all a-ok. Really PS3 owners getting ME2 for the first time shouldnt really be missing out on much.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Snake Plissken said:
As an adult who doesn't rely on Mommy and Daddy to buy my consoles, I don't need to exclusives to be happy and provide "support for my brand." I didn't choose between different brands because I own all of the current gen consoles. I enjoy the freedom to choose which console to purchase games on based on which gives a better experience. Chances are, the experience won't change at all between 360 and PS3 for ME2, so...meh?
i bought my own console with money from my own job as an educator, i "chose" a console because i didnt want to spend a LOT of money buying games for a bunch of different consoles

hyzaku

Mar 1, 2010
Meh, the game has been out for a long time already and PS3 users won't even be getting ME1 so half the charm of the game is already missing. I loved being able to import my Shepard and with a lot of the choices that get carried over I love how it feels like MY continuity for the story.

If anything I'm miffed that PS3 isn't getting ME1 as well. Even the PS3 fans deserve to get the full ME experience.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
As a 360 owner I'm not unhappy - it makes no difference to me. If I was a PS3 owner, I'd be mildly perturbed at the fact that I was invited to the party after midnight.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
People actually not being happy that another platform is getting their own version of the game for no reasons other than exclusivity are nothing short of assholes.

I understand if you go the route of arguments like bad ports, less time for development on your preferred platform and stuff like that I can understand, but wanting exclusivity for the sake of it, being happier that someone else can't play their game unless they do the same thing you do - that's just dogmatic assholery.

That said, personally I'm unphased by this as I'm a PC user, but great to hear as I know a friend of mine owns a PS3, I'm sure he'll enjoy the game, it's one of my favourite RPGs :)

Schnippshly

Mar 6, 2009
STOP BRINGING UP MASS EFFECT 2 IN CONVERSATIONS WITH PEOPLE
PS3 users won't get any of the continuity if they don't also get mass effect 1
although mass effect 1 sucked
only an idiot would be mad about a video game being on more than one console

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I don't have a PS3 but if I get's BioWare profit then it's all good. Let's hope they use it well!

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Where are the opinions of the people who voted "Yes"?

I'm happy, the more people playing Mass Effect, the better. Long and deep single-player games deserve more support.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
I will only really get annoyed if they make an console specific/timed DLC, preorders or any other extras. Unless it is on 360, then I will be biased and happy.
It is good however, that Bioware get more money, to make more games, and more people get to enjoy an amazing game.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
I'll only be pissed about it if ME3 gets delayed because they want a simultaneous launch.

Other than that, I'm glad that PS3 gamers (gamers, not fanboys) get to have a go on the series. Sucks that they don't get the overall superior Mass Effect 1, but I'm sure that'll be ported in some trilogy pack sometime down the line.

thenoblitt

May 7, 2009
i dont see why anyone would be unhappy, if its a good game why would you want it to be exclusive for one console, i would prefer everyone getting to enjoy it

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Somewhat.
They get a great game, BUT they don't get ME1.

Which is shit, because that limits the story to the max. They will all have to conform with the default story, which is shit.
So, while ME2 on PS3 is alright, it will be inferior because they cannot unlock the different outcomes that were possible in ME1.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
More love for the series.
PS3 friends of mine shall be most please.

CRoone

Jul 1, 2010
I can't say I'm unhappy about the prospect of ME2 coming to the PS3, but I'll only *really* be happy if the following conditions are met:

1. It comes with a version of ME1 adapted for the PS3, either on-disk or available as DLC (free to anyone who registers their copy of ME2, but at a price to anyone else, naturally). This one's the most important, overall.

2. Said version of ME1 has had its controls modified so that it's more like ME2 (less of the constantly switching out weapons RPG-style, get rid of the Mako sections or make them more tolerable, etc.). This would make the whole experience much more enjoyable, in my opinion.

3. Add in interactions with Zaeed and Kasumi on the Normandy in ME2, instead of the item-specific crap that was patched in instead of real dialogue options. This would be a nice touch, most certainly.

4. Allow players to install the game on their hard-drives so it'll run smoother and we won't have to deal with as many potential framerate issues. Not sure if players would need it, but I'd appreciate at least having the option to do so, for my part.

I doubt that all of these changes would happen - or any of them at all, honestly - but if they *did*, I'd absolutely go reserve a copy. If they just did a straight-up port to the PS3 without changing anything but the control scheme, though, I wouldn't buy it...especially if they just ported it and didn't also port over a version of ME1 (I didn't like its flaws, but I'd rather put up with it all for the sake of a more complete profile than just go without).

That's my take on it, at least.

Aug 25, 2009
Partly, but it's not for any rational reason.

I guess it's because I'd sort of gotten used to the whole exclusive thing. When I first decided that I wasn't going to go Playstation anymore and got my first XBox I was initially really torn over whether I wanted Final Fantasy more than I wanted Halo (por exemplar, there were other games I looked between)

I spent ages thinking I'd made the wrong choice, then noticed that hey, the XBox had exclusives too, and some of them were really bloody good, so it sort of balanced out, and Mass Effect was one of these exclusives that made me think I'd made the right choice.

Now the PS3 is getting Mass Effect but we aren't getting Uncharted, Heavy Rain, and God of War games. It just raises all of those old annoyances, but it's even worse now because the console I chose is getting a little less exclusive. I don't have the money to get a PS3, and I liked it when my favourite games were exclusive to my console.

It's not rational, I fully acknowledge that, but to me it has bizarrely made me feel like the entire Mass Effect universe just isn't the same.

And I'll probably get over it eventually anyway, but now that titles like Halo have been run into the dirt it's getting harder to see the benefits of getting that first XBox...