Poll: Mass Effect 2: Did anyone really like Zaeed Massani?

Clueless Hero

Oct 5, 2009
I really just wanted to get right to the game, and my friends had told me he was a bit useless, so I skipped out on downloading him. I probably won't download him, since most of the things I've heard about him are a bit meh.

However, if I had heard nothing about him prior, this trailer might have convinced me (though I'm assuming 99% of this video is from his loyalty quest alone...):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YS8uKzXyU

UlteriorMotive

May 28, 2009
I liked Zaeed a little bit. He seemed like a decent character. He also filled that need for a generic warrior type. The only other soldier archetype in the game is Grunt.

I'd have preferred his loyalty mission to be a bit more balanced.

If you follow the Paragon route, you'll get a heavy weapon upgrade and, i think, extra medi-gel and you still pick up the flamethrower. If you follow the Renegade route, however, you only get the flamethrower but you do torch the guy.

I think we also needed someone who is involved in the bit seedier side of the galaxy in your crew.

kelwina

Apr 14, 2009
I love him cause the voice actor (Robin Sachs) was Sergeant Roderick from Mrs. Puff you're fired episode of Spongebob, the one where Mrs. Puff is replaced as the driver's teacher. I'm just laughing the whole time and imagining him saying "NO EATING IN MY CLASSROOM!"

TheLefty

May 21, 2008
I ended up somehow getting him at the very end of my game (How i missed him between getting Archangel (to avoid spoilers) mordin and Samara's loyalty the world may never know) but I used him for his Loyalty mission, dubbed him a jerk, looked at his powers which could be covered by myself (being an infiltrator) and garrus I never tried, and actually hoped he died during my final mission.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
What the fuck!? I got the Digital Deluxe edition and don't even know who this character is...

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
I liked him, he had a sweet accent, and he had some damn cool armor. His loyalty mission was kinda meh, though. Although I do agree with him, a stubborn enough person can survive just about anything.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
I don't know... I guess he was alright. I picked I didn't care.

On one hand, extra soldier partner with a rather arabic sounding name and a rather australian sounding accent... kinda cool. But he is basically a Garrus Clone in combat, only replacing Armor Piercing Rounds for the inferno Grenades(which is DAMN NEAR impossible to use regularly if you give it to shepard.)
so I didn't use him much, since Garrus is higher on the pecking order. Also, UNLIKE shale from Dragon Age:Origins who was completely integrated into the story and even had things to talk about, Zaeed just sort of stands there on the ship and lets you click things around his room to play a sound clip. ...Well, at least he has that trash compactor in his room, shooting garbage cubes into space...

I wasn't happy with him, but I wasn't dissapointed either. I couldn't muster enough feeling for him to care either way.

Also, my first post since I got ME2 and signed my life away to beating it 7 times. lol

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
You don't really need to use every poll option. Yes, no, and neutral would do.
Anyway, I didn't like Zaeed. You can talk to him twice: when you first meet him and during his loyalty mission. During these conversations, he has all the personality of a gargoyle and is just as ugly. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for him.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I really liked him. He was an interesting character who had some pretty good stories to tell and some weird advice to offer. He would be an even more interesting character if you could actually talk to him. He has his own mission, but you can't have a regular conversation with him like you do all the other teammates? C'mon.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
I know that. I enjoyed his tale about the Blood Pack gang leader when I clicked the messed-up helmet. What I mean is the disconnection when I can have a conversation with the crew with the conversation branches, but I can't do the same with Zaaed. Sure, I can click on him, the rifle, the turian ship model, and the helmet, but the absence of the conversation branch kind of derails the immersion.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I like Zaeed because you can't really 'turn' him like you can the other characters. Every other character including the baddass Punisher impersonator and psychotic pyschic (heh) can be turned into meowling pussy cat if you click on those blue paragon conversation branches enough. The best you'll get out of Zaeed though is a grudging promise to do the job and fuck off if you don't share his point of view. Essentially he's the only character (with the exception of Morinth I think) you can't exert your creepy Shepard mind control over.

Also some of his stories are fucking epic. The mental image I have of him and that hannar fighting to the death hand to tentacle cracks me up.