Poll: Mass Effect... Movie?? Can it be TRUE??

SarChasm

Nov 14, 2008
I just finished watching "Game On" on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlNkUnqo8HM
And, if you get to 8:53, there's the announcement of plans for a MASS EFFECT full length movie! :O
My only hope is that they get the right people to do it!
Michael Bay... keep on walking, and take JJ Abrams with you!! :p

I wonder if they'll keep a male lead or perhaps give the Female Shepherd some screen time?

MrDumpkins

Sep 20, 2010
It won't have shepard in it, or at least it better not, Shepard is a different character for everyone, and having a certain shepard portrayed in the movie would be awful to anyone that's played the game.

I'm sure if they make one it will involve other characters in the ME universe, and will probably mention shepard in the movie, THAT would be cool, having shepard in it would ruin it

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
50 bucks says it won't happen, and this announcement is just meant to get fanboys (like me) foaming at the mouth.

You know what the worst part is? Even though I know this, the announcement is still having the intended effect. The movie could be really, really awesome! If they did it right, of course.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, there's been rumours floating around for a while.

Not sure how I feel about it. Sure, a movie in the ME universe sounds cool. But, well... as has already been pointed out, game-to-movie adaptions don't exactly have a great track record.

Although... a CGI movie with the same voice actors? Yeah. I would watch the shit out of that.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Uwe Boll. There, I just ruined that bit for you :p
Even if *that guy* isn't anywhere near it, video game movies tend to miss the point a whole bloody lot. Remember the Silent Hill movie? That's one of the better examples. Color me suspicious, but ready to say "I told you so!"

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
My reaction to the possibility of a Hollywood Mass Effect movie, can't really accurately be described in text alone. Luckily I brought Patrick Stewart along to help me put into words, my feelings towards this movie.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
To the people saying that it is just going to be another video game movie. Casey Hudson and the Bioware Doctors are executive producers for the movie. Hopefully they will have say in what happens.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I'm pretty sure I heard it mentioned somewhere on the bioware boards that it they did do a movie it would not be Shepards story arc, just in the ME universe. Movies from games tend to suck, especially if you going to try and make a movie from a game with multiple choices and outcomes and where the developers keep preaching that "there is not cannon".

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
On shitty movie announcements that go nowhere, I direct you here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/9006-MovieBob-The-More-You-Know]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
There's plans for just about every game with a positive record to be made into a feature film.

That doesn't mean it's actually going to happen... hopefully.

boss1592

Jun 11, 2011
if they get chris nolan to direct it then maybe it might pique my interest. as it is, colour me unconvinced at this moment

DatCracker

Nov 3, 2010
This sounds good on paper...
But then again, a lot of video games that were turned into films sounded good on paper.
So I'm skeptical... For now.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Yeah. I don't care, ME wasn't THAT good and the film'll undoubtably suck anyways.

Plus just watch, Uwe Boll would direct it.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
The games themselves are pretty cinematic. It'd be a good story for the silver screen.

It'd be pretty cool I think...though I doubt it will happen.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
taking a massive story like mass effect, with deep character development and rich universe story, and condense it into 2 hours? Make it a game, make it a tv series, or make it a book. A movie would be the worst medium for Mass Effect.