Poll: ME1 vs ME2: the crew

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
ramik81 said:
Amnestic said:
Anyone who doesn't like Engineer Ken Donnelly and Gabby that's Engineer Gabriella Daniels is heartless and sucks.

Ditto for Yeoman Kelly 'Kelly' Chambers.
You mean Scotty...?

lol
I don't know, did Scotty ever do this?

I was never much of a Star Trek fan.

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
Amnestic said:
ramik81 said:
Amnestic said:
Anyone who doesn't like Engineer Ken Donnelly and Gabby that's Engineer Gabriella Daniels is heartless and sucks.

Ditto for Yeoman Kelly 'Kelly' Chambers.
You mean Scotty...?

lol
I don't know, did Scotty ever do this?

I was never much of a Star Trek fan.
Might have been the worst ever possible music for the situation. Funky baselines needed.

ChipSandwich

Jan 3, 2010
ME2 definitely. Mordin is fantastic, even when he has nothing to say he's still hilarious.

Legion is cool, and the creepy stalker thing makes me want to hug him. Uhh...

Joker's a little bit different, but for the better, mainly because he has a lot more to say.

Jacob is stoic, but bland. It's part of his character, and probably why Cerberus hired him. As for Miranda, I hated her attitude, but it was still satisfying to squeeze some humanity out of her cold, lifeless heart.

Tali's side mission is definitely the best. Bringing your robot buddy breaks the immersion in some places, but increases it in others.

I didn't like Zaeed... until his loyalty quest, where you could punch him in the face. Get slapped, kid.

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
Both were good.
But Tali and Garrus belong to the 1st game, as they were already established characters.
I'd go with the 1st game because I've only really liked Mordin and Legion from the 2nd.
All the human characters except Jack were amazingly boring.

ME1: (friggin') Wrex, Garrus, Tali
ME2: Mordin, Legion, Thane

Bananahs

Nov 18, 2009
Here's my thoughts. SPOILERS LOL

ME1
Ashley - Punch her.
Kaiden - Punch her (wanted to kill BOTH Ash and Kaid on Virmire)
Wrex - Bro
Garrus - Second bro
Tali - Meh ok
Liara - Put my purple python in her. Regret it.

ME2
Garrus - Went renegade, straightened him out with his loyalty mission. Still happy he went all Batman after I left

Tali - More interesting character. I'd hit that, but then I'd probably end up with Liara bawling her eyes out in ME2

Miranda - Looks uncanny in some scenes and DAMN DAT ASS in others. I put my purple python in her in my ME1 import, probably New Game + where Shepard has no romance or love life after two years of being dead derp derp

Jacob - In the end, he was a distant bro. He wasn't generic in my eyes, his writing was spot on, would have liked for him to show some GODDAMN emotion sometime.

Grunt - Surprisingly not as bad as I thought he would be, won't hold a candle to Wrex though (I was quite peeved off when I met Wrex again on Tuchunka)

Mordin - HE IS THE VERY MODEL OF A SCIENTIST SALARIAN, HE'S STUDIED SPECIES TURIAN, ASARI AND BATARIAN. HE'S QUITE GOOD AT GENETICS (AS A SUBSET OF BIOLOGY) WHICH HE KNOWS IS A TAUTOLOGY... (loyalty mission is the best in town, camera work during his scenes his EPIC WINZ)

Jack - Thought she'd be a one dimensional character, turns out to be a crying little girl just trying to find a way to express her anger. Loyalty mission was heartbreaking.

Legion - SHEPARD COMMANDER. Cool guy, stupid he has to be THE LAST SQUADMATE.

Morinth - lol i chose Samara

Samara - Pretty cool. Buge hoobs and all that. Did feel her dialogue was a bit off at some point.

Thane - FISHBRO FOR LIFE

Zaeed - Pretty damn cool dawg.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
I like them both equally.
Why the fuck don't these threads ever have a neutral option?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
ME2 had such a multi mixed group, all with better personaities and goals. The relgious and rightious characters that are Thane & Samara made a good change. Grunts stupidity but comical views and legions cold hearted, but logical style. We didnt have much of that in ME1.

There is still some racism inbetween the crew, so that hasnt changed.

Im just happy that this fella is still in it :')
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-official-Garrus-fan-group

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Depends on what you mean by "like". If I was commander Shepard, then I would like the ME1 crew better because they were all devoted to me and the mission (maybe a bit less for Wrex)

Now the ME2 crew seemed like a powderkeg waiting to explode. Half the crew could snap at any time and kill everyone for no good reason. So if I were Shepard I wouldn't "like" them except for the skils they had to offer.

But, as a player I'd have to say the ME2 crew is far more interesting than the first one. And their loyalty missions are also quite interesting.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Mass Effect 2, definitely. Kaiden was completely uninteresting, I really disliked Liara, and Tali felt... pointless. Ashley was rather good, and Garrus and Wrex were awesome, though.

Mass Effect 2's crew had Garrus again, Mordin, Jack, Legion, Thane, Grunt, and Miranda, which makes it superior by far, even though Kaiden and Liara were replaced with people I disliked for the exact same reasons. I really miss Wrex, though.

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
ME2 hands down...

my party allmost thrhouout ME2 Zaeed + Thane (was Jacob + Zaeed untill i got Garrus then Garrus + Zaeed untill i got Thane)

BIG GODDAMN HEROES!

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I liked the crew of one more; that said game wise, I loved everything about ME2 better.

The only new character I really liked was Jack, but since my Shepard is *always* female I could not do the hunka-chunka with her.

Who Dares Wins

Dec 26, 2009
Shit, I just realized that I don't know who will be my second companion in ME2. With first being Tali.

Edit: Is Legion geth, if he is, then he is totally my second companion.

OT.ME1 all the way

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I suppose all the character's from one I enjoy more in two though as I think about it... except Kaiden/Ashley who I never liked. They are like the Jacob/Miranda of ME1... why do humans suck so much in ME games?

Discrodia

Dec 7, 2008
I don't really care, since the two most awesome crewmates (Tali & Garrus) are in both games...

But in my opinion, ME1 had a much better crew, since you got them all in the beginning and therefor learned a lot more from the crew since you were together longer. In ME2 you didn't really know about most of your crew until you got their loyalty.

Also, because it's the middle game in the trilogy, no one cares about the crew because there's a good chance many of them will die / leave and be replaced in the next game. So no one cares about the ME2 crew (except Tali & Garrus as I said before.)

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Lack of Wrex (and a pricetag of £35) is the main reason I haven't got ME2 yet.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
I HATED Alaenko for the most part, I loved Garrus, Wrex, and Tali. I played a bit of ME2 at a friend's place, and I already know who I'll have a relationship with in that game. (Miranda)

Baconmonster723

Mar 4, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Tali and Garrus are my 2 favs, they really fleshed out Tali, her voice actor was really good I thought. Hell, I always liked Garrus, he sort of meshes with my Femshep (Garrus lost his squad, and she lost her unit on Akuze.) As for the new guys? I like Thane and Mordin. The problem with the other human characters is that they can't hold a candle to Shepard and seem lackluster by comparison.
This. If I have these two in my ME1 and not ME2 then ME1. These characters have really grown on me.

Garrus is my wingman, he's been through hell but he knows how to get it done. He meshes with my Ruthless/Paragon Shepard because they both know what's right but aren't afraid to do what lesser individuals wouldn't to get the job done. I never trust anyone else with an important job so long as Garrus is available(he led both my fire teams). Plus, his heat sink line is a slice of fried gold to all you ladies out there.

Tali is my gal. Her Loyalty quest was by far my favorite. Like Garrus she's seen a lot, she has seen a ton of her people die, she does what is best for her people and she is a self-less individual. Yet she is incredibly vulnerable and likes to talk A LOT when she is nervous. She just has this aura of innocence about her that you wouldn't expect.

Wrex is still my favorite character but ME 2 had more likeable characters. Legion, Grunt, Mordin, and Samara were all interesting to me. But Garrus and Tali will always be my deciding factor. All in all the ME 2 crew is more likeable to me, but the ME1 crew will always hold a special place in my heart for Wrex, Garrus, and Tali.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
As a whole? Mass Effect 2 by far. Individually?

Ashley>Miranda
Jacob>Kaiden
Wrex=Grunt(Wrex has more personality, Grunt has a cooler premise)
Samara>Liara
Garrus and Tali are awesome in both. (Plus Garrus is just a badass)

All the other new squadmates don't have a ME1 counterpart, but I thought all of them were awesome. Especially Legion and Thane.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I didn't vote because I really can't decide.

Kaidan > Jacob by far
I HATE Miranda, so Ashley is superior in my book
Garrus is great, but better in ME2
Tali is great in both, but I like her a bit more in ME2
Thane is just ownage
I don't dislike Grunt, but Wrex is far more interesting
I didn't like Samara at first, but she grew on me
Mordin is pure win IMO
I tried to like Liara, but I failed. I'm just neutral about her, I guess.
I like Jack in the "she's a mean *****" way, but I didn't care for the whole angst thing she had going.
Legion is a great character, one of the coolest, but I don't like his abilities, they bore me.
And Zaeed can just go fuck himself.

Long story short, I can't decide. I liked the majority of the characters.