Poll: ME3 ending DLC(Spoilers are likely)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Finally beat the game, though thanks to reloading a save I've seen all 3 endings.

On the matter of "your choices didn't mean jack squat!":
Of course they did. All the choices you made throughout all 3 games were in some way or another leading to the formation of the grand galactic fleet that engages the Reapers in the final battle. Their entire purpose was purely to get the Crucible to the Catalyst and make the damn thing go boom. Your choices are what determine what allies make up the composition of that fleet. No one knows what'll happen when the Crucible is fired off, they just all have faith that it'll somehow get rid of the Reapers. In the end, all the choices you made were to build a fleet strong enough to ensure that Shepard is standing there at the end with Spontaneous Combustion Boy.

Can't say I really liked the whole "Ending-o-Matic" thing with being able to pick which ending you wanted, but when you think about it: ME 2 ended the same way. Destroy the Collector base or keep it.

Personally I found all the endings to be acceptible...
I knew that Shepard was most likely going to end up going all Neo on the galaxy and making the Jesus Christ sacrifice to bring about peace. If you didn't see the sacrificial Shepard coming, then you're quite blind.

I do agree, though, that just a bit more closure would have been nice, something like what they did at the end of Dragon Age and have text explinations of how the choices you made ultimately effected everyone, the way DA tells what happens with the dwarves, elves, mages, etc.

Would I have liked to see a more fulfilling ending? Sure. But I'm in the apparent minority that really wasn't outright offended and insulted by the ending. Personally I got all the flavor of an ending that I needed when I was nearly brought to tears during the segment where you're going to meet with Anderson for the last time and everyone has the chance to say goodbye to you, yet another MASSIVE hint at what I mentioned in the above spoiler box, if you hadn't caught on already.
Seriously, everyone's getting all weepy and saying their goodbye's like they know you're about to die...even when you assure them that you're going to go kick some ass all the way to the finish line, they still insist on saying goodbye like they'll never see you again. It's called "foreshadowing" folks. :p

As for the topic at hand...would I buy some DLC if they decided to change up the endings a bit? Certainly. I'm just one of the few that don't think it would be necessary.

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
usmarine4160 said:
KingofMadCows said:
They really should have done a Fallout type ending where they have slides telling you what happened to the various factions.
Ahem... "And because she removed her mask after the homeworld was retaken but before any action to help her immune system, Tali died horribly from what looked like a combination of ebola and smallpox a week later"

\o/
Or "Since the synthesis only made organics partly synthetic, the division simply shifted from organics vs. synthetics to cyborgs vs. pure synthetics. Alas, since pure synthetics were able to mass produce armies of robots while the cyborgs still relied on sexual reproduction, the pure synthetics wiped out the cyborgs and took over the galaxy."

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
Yes, but I sure as hell won't pay extra for a good ending. That kind of paid DLC would be steering them towards Capcom territory.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I won't mind if they make a ending DLC, but I will be more pissed at Bioware if they make us pay for it (EA will demand that we have to pay for it), if its free I will be fine.

I'm just annoyed at the ending, I was expecting better from Bioware....*sigh*, I'm going to play the Jak and Daxter HD collection now, that will surly cheer me up and have a better ending.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
skywolfblue said:
Nimcha said:
I surely hope not. In stead, I hope EA/Bioware try to get people to warm up to the current ending, which is actually rather good in my opinion. It surely is incredibly bold to not fall into the trap of ending the series on a high note when the story doesn't call for that.
This.

synobal said:
I wish bioware would sit down and talk about what they were trying to do with that ending since they apparently were too subtle for 90% of their audience. From the way are freaking out.
And this.

I think a lot of people would be impressed with how profound the ending is if they put down their pitchforks for a moment. Giving people a shortcut to a happy ending goes against the whole idea of sacrifice that ME3 worked so hard to portray.
I disagree. I just spent three games getting invested in these characters and this universe, and then all three endings pretty much ask me to wipe it all out for vaguely-stated philosophical reasons. The whole game was about saving the galaxy as you know it from destruction, but none of the choices allowed you to fulfill that goal. What was the point of reclaiming the Quarian homeworld or reforming Krogan society if it was just going to be rendered moot a week or two later?

It was a lot like the ending of Deus Ex Human Revolution. You're given a blunt choice between three very high-minded, very specific stances, none of which relate to the characters or plot in any direct or meaningful way.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
mechanixis said:
I disagree. I just spent three games getting invested in these characters and this universe, and then all three endings pretty much ask me to wipe it all out for vaguely-stated philosophical reasons. The whole game was about saving the galaxy as you know it from destruction, but none of the choices allowed you to fulfill that goal. What was the point of reclaiming the Quarian homeworld or reforming Krogan society if it was just going to be rendered moot a week or two later?

It was a lot like the ending of Deus Ex Human Revolution. You're given a blunt choice between three very high-minded, very specific stances, none of which relate to the characters or plot in any direct or meaningful way.
Umm no.

The entire series was about stopping the reapers from killing everyone, not saving galactic civilization as it is.

It was about survival, and survival =/= civilization/having the Mass Relays/being able to talk to the other races.

Morgan Sandiford

Jan 10, 2012
Just guna waltz in here and say I actually kinda dug the ending. It wasn't the best by and stretch but then again, mental ret-con is the way to go in any situation like this. To me it redeemed it's self with the post credits Shepard is Jesus deal, I liked it.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
synobal said:
Adam Jensen said:
DLC will come. No doubt about that. But I won't be paying for it. First I'll wait to see what the community has to say about it. Then I might watch it on YouTube. Then I might find someone to gift it for me, or find another way to obtain it. But after what Bioware have done, I will never give them a cent. They owe us so much more after this disappointment.
Your tears are delicious. Seriously I can get being upset with EA with regards to origin and the DLC with a freaking prothean of all things but you act like Bioware didn't provide you with one of the best gaming experiences across three separate games in the history of gaming.
synobal, ive noticed that every single thread within the release of ME3 and its ending, you've been bitching around talking down to anyone who doesnt agree with your attitude. I'm sorry if you're too pretentious to realize that you are a minority in this site, or if you really are stupid enough to think people give a shit about your opinion when they VERY CLEARLY have the opposite one.

Stop being a damn troll.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Jaeke said:
synobal, ive noticed that every single thread within the release of ME3 and its ending, you've been bitching around talking down to anyone who doesnt agree with your attitude. I'm sorry if your to pretentious to realize that you are a minority in this site, or if you really are stupid enough to think people give a shit about your opinion when they VERY CLEARLY have the opposite one.

Stop being a damn troll.
Yes because voicing an opinion that differs from the majority and adamantly defending it to the same levels as the majority does to their own arguments = a troll.

not sure if serious.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
Jaeke said:
synobal, ive noticed that every single thread within the release of ME3 and its ending, you've been bitching around talking down to anyone who doesnt agree with your attitude. I'm sorry if your to pretentious to realize that you are a minority in this site, or if you really are stupid enough to think people give a shit about your opinion when they VERY CLEARLY have the opposite one.

Stop being a damn troll.
Yes because voicing an opinion that differs from the majority and adamantly defending it to the same levels as the majority does to their own arguments = a troll.

not sure if serious.
It's not his opinion that I am bashing, its his sense that everyone else is convuluded and inferior because they obviously aren't bright enough to have the same interpretation of the ending as him.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Jaeke said:
It's not his opinion that I am bashing, its his sense that everyone else is convuluded and inferior because they obviously aren't bright enough to have the same interpretation of the ending as him.
I dont see that in his posts myself.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Jaeke said:
SajuukKhar said:
Jaeke said:

Stop being a damn troll.

not sure if serious.
I'm done arguing with regards to the ending. It is a lost cause I can only hope that given time people will come to see the endings for what they are.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
Jaeke said:
Then good day (night) sir? Why bother with me then if you don't see the problem.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Jaeke said:
A few of my posts towards the end of that massive 19 or 18 page thread got kind of snappish because I was getting annoyed with answering the same thing over and over.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
synobal said:
Jaeke said:
SajuukKhar said:
Jaeke said:

Stop being a damn troll.

not sure if serious.
I'm done arguing with regards to the ending. It is a lost cause I can only hope that given time people will come to see the endings for what they are.
In that case, you're in for a long wait, friend.

Captcha: take care

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
synobal said:
SajuukKhar said:
Jaeke said:
A few of my posts towards the end of that massive 19 or 18 page thread got kind of snappish because I was getting annoyed with answering the same thing over and over.
Well at least you're aware of the problem I pointed out, apologies then, I think I too would be annoyed if I answered the same damn thing over and over.

Deremix

Apr 2, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBI4ZjDYam0&feature=channel

But seriously, if you look at the endings close enough and understand what they're saying, then you'll probably come to except them. I know you're going to say "It was poorly done, there wasn't enough closure, what happened to all of my choices?" But that's just it: just because the endings didn't explain what happened afterwords, doesn't mean nothing mattered. In fact, everything kind of was explained afterwords, with the Stargazer scene obviously depicting that the Galaxy moved on. All your choices were ALL resolved before the ending. The ending was just an ending for Shepard, not your choices, Shepard. Everything else was concluded, now all that was left was to take care of the Reapers. All those choices you made were still largely in effect after the endings.

You just have to learn to accept it. BioWare might eventually release some kind of DLC, but I would rather they stick to their guns by sitting down and explaining the endings to everyone who can't except them. Also, to those of you saying the fleets are screwed without Mass Relays, well, it's not like they're just going to sit there floating in space, it's not like they didn't bring their own food that could be replicated over time. Even EDI talked about getting the races to bring the types of food they needed.

And about Joker fleeing the Mass Relay, I'd say after extended radio silence from Shepard with nothing happening with the Crucible, the fleets were ordered to pull back.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
As has been said, I found the endings to be... less than satisfactory.

I totally accept failure as a possible response, but it seemed to me that Mass Effect was all about choices and consequences, but the ending seemed like it invalidated all of the rest of the decisions throughout the series, as opposed to being the culmination of events throughout the series like I had hoped.