Poll: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Beta thoughts.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
So the new Medal of Honor game has a beta on the Xbox 360 and I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was a nice quick download and I was in the game within the hour.

My first impression was that the game extremely tactical even though it didn't really look like it. You can't One man army it and hold off one route all by yourself, even with the machine gun with the bottomless clip and bipod stance. This is a good thing because it promotes teamplay right? Only problem is that this is only a good thing if your team mates aren't yordling around the battlefield being nitwits, buuuut that happens in all games I suppose.

The guns fit their niches quite perfectly. Actually, better than I've ever seen before. The Submachine guns are only good at close range, the Assault rifles fair better and medium range, the Machine guns are rubbish unless prone or the bipod is setup (which btw is called "Support Stance), and the Snipers are best at long range. And I haven't been quickscoped even once yet (thank god).

The score streaks are pretty much perfect in every way and suit the classes that unlock them. Each class gets a different type of "grenade" and gets weapons tailor made to it's role.

Now for the iffy bits. Yeah I know its a beta I'm going to hand out criticism whether you like it or not so PPPBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLTTT.
You can't change fireteam while in game. Your fireteam is a simple two man team that can spawn on each other, resupply from each other and give each other sweet lovin' to gain all your health back. But when your "buddy" is some random that runs head on into enemy fire then... well it's hard to get love from a corpse.

The Hotspot game type is the only one available now and here's the thing. It sucks. There are five places the objective can spawn, Two of them being in either sides spawn point and one in the middle of the map. It's completely random so the attacking team gets the advantage if it spawn's at their base because they can just plant the charge and setup a defense for 30 seconds.
In other words. The attacking team usually wins unless they suck hard and the other team is good.

Now for the final thing that inspired me to start this thread in the first place. The G18 fully-automatic pistol. The Sniper class in meant to be a long range class. But their back up in basically a submachine gun. They had this in BF3 aswell and I don't think I can really handle it anymore :( I just hope Dice or EA get rid of the abomination completely before the game's full release.

In any case, what are your thoughts on the game and are you planning on buying it?

captcha: life's too short
You sound like my dad >.>

After experiencing the beta little more, I've decided I'm not buying it on launch. If they maybe get rid of the machine pistol, get more score-streaks and include a hardcore mode then I MIGHT buy it.

Also Hotspot is THE worst game mode in the history of mankind. The objective you are meant to defend spawns in the enemy's spawn, and I've suffered worse spawn points than I did when playing Black ops Nuketown.

Seriously this is just utter rubbish.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
How long has this beta been out?Might download it and check it out if it's a public one

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I'm actually quite surprised how well the classes seem to be working so far. Each class seems to have a distinct playstyle and distinct scorechain style.

I figured I would have raged at demolition's armor or pointman's mag of super bullets. But so far it has a struck a surprising balance. While Demo can tank like crazy but spec-ops can run circles around them or jam minimaps.

Some classes have more heavy recon scorechains while others are more offensive or a mix like the Heavy gunner class where you can call in a helicopter spawning point and minigun

The only issues is seems like the Sniper(bolt-actions) are a little underpowered and so are the LMGs(Heavy gunners) but I feel they only some minor tweaks.

There are some technical issues such as hitting invisible terrain and some awkward invisible barriers and some occasional hit detection issues. Graphics could be better but that is what my PC will before(Beta is Xbox only).

Overall I am pretty pleased with it as it is carving its own niche compared to other modern shooters. Its not CoD its not BF, its its own beast and I like what I have seen so far.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
The Hotspot game type is the only one available now and here's the thing. It sucks. There are five places the objective can spawn, Two of them being in either sides spawn point and one in the middle of the map. It's completely random so the attacking team gets the advantage if it spawn's at their base because they can just plant the charge and setup a defense for 30 seconds.
In other words. The attacking team usually wins unless they suck hard and the other team is good.
Wait, so they made a gamemode where one team have to capture two objectives, and then they put one of the objectives on the attacking teams spawnpoint?!? lol.

Hmm, if this is actually as balanced as it seems to be I may just bite the bullet and buy a copy.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Dice or EA
It isn't being handled by Dice is it? I thought Danger Close were handling the multiplayer in house this time round?

OT: Haven't played due to not owning a 360, but I loved the first ones story so thats my purchase there, the multiplayer is sounding like the tactical affair that BF3 should have been and since I have semi-reliable friends we'll be able to make a decent sniper-spotter combo and do well out of it.

Lewg999

Jan 30, 2011
Maybe its just me but I absolutely hated it , It just felt like Battlefield but with the part that makes Battlefield good ( The vehicles ) removed. Also I know its a beta but every game I played was buggy and for some reason any attempt at sprinting caused my screen to lurch back and forth.On the positive side though I quite like the faction and class system they have and the buddy system works well and really does promote teamwork.

Overall though I've been massively put off by the beta and i doubt i'll even consider it until it goes down massively in price and I can pick it up preown.... Oh , Online pass's. Well never mind then.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
MetalDooley said:
How long has this beta been out?Might download it and check it out if it's a public one
It's a public beta but it's exclusive to the Xbox360. It's been out for around 4 days I think.

Oh and bring atleast one friend.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
TheSapphireKnight said:
I'm actually quite surprised how well the classes seem to be working so far. Each class seems to have a distinct playstyle and distinct scorechain style.

I figured I would have raged at demolition's armor or pointman's mag of super bullets. But so far it has a struck a surprising balance. While Demo can tank like crazy but spec-ops can run circles around them or jam minimaps.

Some classes have more heavy recon scorechains while others are more offensive or a mix like the Heavy gunner class where you can call in a helicopter spawning point and minigun

The only issues is seems like the Sniper(bolt-actions) are a little underpowered and so are the LMGs(Heavy gunners) but I feel they only some minor tweaks.

There are some technical issues such as hitting invisible terrain and some awkward invisible barriers and some occasional hit detection issues. Graphics could be better but that is what my PC will before(Beta is Xbox only).

Overall I am pretty pleased with it as it is carving its own niche compared to other modern shooters. Its not CoD its not BF, its its own beast and I like what I have seen so far.
My thought exactly. Although the bolt-action rifles require headshots and I much prefer that.
I noticed the invisible walls too. Me and some enemy were blasting away at each and there was a tree off to the right between us and all the bullets hit an invisible wall coming off of the tree. Massive lolz moments

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
gammyfootify said:
Overall though I've been massively put off by the beta and i doubt i'll even consider it until it goes down massively in price and I can pick it up preown.... Oh , Online pass's. Well never mind then.
Well you just killed any interest i had in this game . Not that i would hae bought it used anyways , but i don't support this practice so definately a non-buy for me .

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
I can't play the beta because I don't have a xbox. I am planning to get the game, I have already preordered it.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
3 things in order of importance that means I wont be getting it:

1. EA

2. Online Pass

3. Never played an Open Beta so full of flaws before, at least I hope they are flaws because if not then they really are seeing if they can get away with what Activision did with MW3... AKA releasing a poor copy and paste sequel and still getting sales.

Having said that, I will be giving the Open beta 1 last chance in a few hours or so... I did have fun with the shotgun class and I guess they are trying "something" with the nationality thing.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Well I played it last night and holy fuck is it buggy.Frankly it's killed what little interest I had in this game

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I haven't played it and I don't really care. I already have Battlefield so that fills my modern shooter niche.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
I've played two matches and was done with it. It's boring and unoriginal in nearly every aspect.

If you haven't tried it...just don't. Go pick yourself up an older Call of Duty or Battlefield game and have yourself a good time. That'll save yourself some cash.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
To me MoH was always a poor version of CoD, similar gameplay wise but with the tedious patriotism turned up full and without the silly yet entertaining plot+characters.

I'll just stick with BF3, even if Armored kill is rubbish at the moment..