Poll: Metal Gear Solid most emotional moment?

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Meryl getting shot then having to run back to get the sniper.
I already knew Meryl could die when I first played the game, so I thought she was going to die.

Colinmac93

Mar 20, 2011
For me, it's got to be Emma's death in MGS2. Seriously, how can you watch that and NOT cry?

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Raiden's "death" in MGS4 (when he gives his life for snake by stopping a boat with his body).

It was so simple and clean, while revealing a lot of emotion. Makes me shiver when I think of it.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Big Boss's death in MGS3, or also from 3, traveling down the river filled with the souls of people you've killed. Or something like that.
Boss's death for me. Found my self gettin all emotion.

Though the ending of MGS4 was a close second. I'm gonna miss Snake
I have to agree with The Boss's death.
I mean, that's honestly my top character death moment in every game I played. That uncomfortable feeling in my gut when I realized that the game wasn't going to pull the trigger for me just wiped away any silly feelings I had been having about the many ludicrous aspects of the game. And then, amid the silence, you have to wonder if the timer for that bomb is still going down as you stand there, so you're afraid to hesitate.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Scizophrenic Llama said:
Huh, four years here and this is my first double post.
Welcome to the club! :D

OT: If I had to choose for MGS1, probably Sniper Wolf's death. I didn't really care too much for her. (She shot Meryl halfway to death!) I did feel kind of bad for her and Otacon.

If it was for any other game in the series, DEFINETELY The Boss's death. She was a really great character and was only doing what the government wanted her to do. The fact that you, the player, had to be the one to pull the trigger also made it quite emotional.

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
Big Boss's tearful salute over his mentor's gravestone. In my opinion, That was the most heartbreaking scene in MGS3.
I was not ready to see that.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
I picked "the ending" if only because the entire ending sequence (from finding Miller was Liquid, and Fox intervening in your fight, to finding out Liquid is your twin, etc.) was just one big reveal after another. The last hour of that game is just crazy and awesome.

EverythingIncredible said:
My favorite moment was definitely the end fight between Old Snake and Liquid Ocelot.

The internalization between these two characters fighting was really well fleshed out.
<youtube=FopyRHHlt3M>

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Sniper Wolf. By now it's practically a cliche to have one or more MGS boss be a victim of third-world wars or some other tragedy, but in the first one Wolf was the only one who didn't seem to have a choice in the matter but to become an assassin (well Mantis too but it was his ability that messed him up and he still had much more control over events than Wolf).

'Siren, gunshots, screams. They were my lullabies. The governments of the world turned a blind eye to our misery.'

The kind of thing that makes you vow 'never again' except it goes on in RL and in the series (seeing as all four of the Beauty & Beast unit were similarly victimized by Patriot-created wars).