Poll: Metal Gear Solid most emotional moment?

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
So I'm doing yet another playthrough of Metal gear solid 1 and I still consider it the best game I've ever played. And I was just wondering. Whats the escapists most emotional moment?
For me its sniper wolf's death. I think the music and her voice just drive me into emotional overdrive.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Big Boss's death in MGS3, or also from 3, traveling down the river filled with the souls of people you've killed. Or something like that.

L3W15 M

Jul 28, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Big Boss's death in MGS3, or also from 3, traveling down the river filled with the souls of people you've killed. Or something like that.
I'm meaning from the first one. Plus big boss doesn't die in MGS3

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
"Do you believe love can bloom on the battlefield"

What emotion exactly? because I was laughing at most.

I thought the bit where snake was tortured was quite good because you get the sense his cool attitude was being melted away and he realised he was in trouble. And we the player felt pretty helpless and I recall just wanting to get out of that cell. I thought Grey Fox's death was quite good as it was so brutal and went on and on. I wasn't mad on Sniper Wolf's death as I just didn't buy her and Otacon having that connection and the whole shitty upbringing was much more effective with psycho mantis. I would have liked it if she was developed more and we didn't have 5-6 emotional breakdowns so far. hot chicks dying is always sad though :(

All the other moments were pretty good, Naomi's breakdown being a personal fave

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
When Raiden made an appearance in MGS4.
I was so angry. Ninja cyborg and he's still not cool.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
I wouldn't consider them emotional as they were just attention-grabbing. Everyone would have reacted differently. Sniper Wolf's death would have been emotional for me had she not been a royal pain in the ass as far back as the first time she shot Meryl.

So yeah, I think I felt the most emotional over Meryl being in pain because she was such a rookie in the field. You hate to see the greenhorns take a dive and she just had so much shit in her life to deal with prior to Shadow Moses. The first time I played through MGS1 on PSX, I gave up during the torture chamber and they killed her and I'm not one to reload save data if I fuck something up. I let it ride, makes that play-through a unique experience from any future ones.

Naomi and Grey Fox's little schtick was the next saddest for me. Beyond that, I was more or less caught up in the intrigue and conspiracies behind the entire Shadow Moses incident.

May 28, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Boss's death for me. Found my self gettin all emotion.

Though the ending of MGS4 was a close second. I'm gonna miss Snake

The_Raging_Tree

Sep 5, 2011
Its a hard choice between Wolf and Gray Fox's death but I have to pick Wolf, mostly due to her tragic backstory and with Otacon broken hearted.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
In 1, I'd say it's probably Meryl's or Wolf's deaths because those were your fault alone rather than Snake's. Second place is Mantis' death.

Of course 3 and 4 have better stuff such as the Boss's death (especially with the accompanying cutscene later on which explains WHY it all happened which will probably make you shake with rage), the microwave tunnel, and Naomi's final scene.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Psycho Mantis moving my controller, and the fight itself.

Kinda hooky when thinking about it now, but back then it was a totally unexpected breach of the 4th wall.

Naomi dying while holding the MarkII as if it were Otacon.

That looked so fucking stupid.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
L3W15 M said:
So I'm doing yet another playthrough of Metal gear solid 1 and I still consider it the best game I've ever played. And I was just wondering. Whats the escapists most emotional moment?
For me its sniper wolf's death. I think the music and her voice just drive me into emotional overdrive.
the secret kiss between Liquid Ocelot and Old Snake at the end of 4.

Seriously . . . look it up . . . it's real . . . and it will blow your mind o.o

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
Grey Fox.

Although the drama is somewhat lost forever after watching a Sparta Remix a few dozen times:

Liquid Snake, Master of Nationalities, declared Grey Fox Finnish in a shocking press conference on Shadow Moses island today. Let's go to the live feed...

The_Raging_Tree

Sep 5, 2011
Mysten said:
Grey Fox.

Although the drama is somewhat lost forever after watching a Sparta Remix a few dozen times:

Liquid Snake, Master of Nationalities, declared Grey Fox Finnish in a shocking press conference on Shadow Moses island today. Let's go to the live feed...
Normally Sparta remix vids make me want to pour acid in my ears but this one actually made me laugh.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
L3W15 M said:
Soviet Heavy said:
I'm meaning from the first one. Plus big boss doesn't die in MGS3
Naked Snake didn't inherit the title of Big Boss until...

He killed the previous person with the title, who was the final boss in MGS3.

I have to say that is definitely the most emotional part of MGS3, just because it makes you do it. I sat there for about two minutes before I realized I had to do it.

For MGS1, probably Meryl getting shot up by Sniper Wolf.