Poll: Metrosexual, what it means... are you one?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Grand_Poohbah said:
My friends call me metro and I'm not =\.
Same. Apperantly, the fact that I use scrub-creme and face-wash to keep my face pretty much pimple free (and it works), I shave porperly, do my hair (not overly) and like to wear at least decent looking cloths (but nothing special or overly fashionable, just nothing retarted) and keep my room tidy and clean apperantly makes me a Metro or simply gay. Is it really that dumb to just want to look decent and live clean?

wlaidler

Jan 31, 2009
I'm hard and metrosexual or what i would call al dente

if you got that joke your probably metrosexual

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
I chose yes because I obsess about my hair, my clothes, and my appearance, and I'm very emotionally aware and in touch with my feminine side.

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
Aries_Split said:
Or people who belong to a certain group, (i.e homosexuals) that are constantly expected to be weak and fairy like. And while this does add a sense of pride to the fights you win at the bar, it gets annoying, and it propagates from people who see stereotyping as a good thing.

And what's wrong with not liking labels? If you expect me to roll over and let you piss on my lawn then you have another thing coming.
Stereotyping is done for a certain reason: because enough people of the aforementioned group are like that to make it seem like a running theme. Of course it's going to be inaccurate; all blanket statements are. However, it's usually often enough true that it still holds some validity.

As far as homosexuals go, why would they be into men if they wern't womanly, to begin with? That's the one things that gets me, there. If they were masculine, they would only want to penitrate, and therefore would do best with women. The only reason i could think of for a guy to want only guys is some kind of trauma with women, in which case he's a wuss and needs to deal with it.

What's wrong is that it still applies. If you don't like being called something, then change yourself so that it doesn't apply. Otherwise, your label still fits and, therefore, you should have no qualms about being called what you are. If there's any indignity and irritation to be had, it should be with yourself, and not with what you're classified as.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Neo Kojiro said:
Aries_Split said:
Or people who belong to a certain group, (i.e homosexuals) that are constantly expected to be weak and fairy like. And while this does add a sense of pride to the fights you win at the bar, it gets annoying, and it propagates from people who see stereotyping as a good thing.

And what's wrong with not liking labels? If you expect me to roll over and let you piss on my lawn then you have another thing coming.
Stereotyping is done for a certain reason: because enough people of the aforementioned group are like that to make it seem like a running theme. Of course it's going to be inaccurate; all blanket statements are. However, it's usually often enough true that it still holds some validity.

As far as homosexuals go, why would they be into men if they wern't womanly, to begin with? That's the one things that gets me, there. If they were masculine, they would only want to penitrate, and therefore would do best with women. The only reason i could think of for a guy to want only guys is some kind of trauma with women, in which case he's a wuss and needs to deal with it.

What's wrong is that it still applies. If you don't like being called something, then change yourself so that it doesn't apply. Otherwise, your label still fits and, therefore, you should have no qualms about being called what you are. If there's any indignity and irritation to be had, it should be with yourself, and not with what you're classified as.
Fine with me.

... Breeder.

Apr 24, 2008
I voted no. I don't give a damn about clothes, and don't own any hair products other than shampoo...guess I'll have to keep looking for a group to join.

DannyDeparted

Mar 12, 2008
What a stupid world we live in where men who show compassion or fashion sense are deemed under a different category of sexuality

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Neo Kojiro said:
Aries_Split said:
Fine with me.

... Breeder.
I have no idea what that means, and consequently it doesn't bother me.
it's an insult akin to calling them a fag, which is even funnier cause it just means they are just as bad as the ones they are condoning, ie they are the ones with the issue not the person they are saying is the problem. it's known as the pot calling the kettle black

Neo Kojiro

Mar 19, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
it's an insult akin to calling them a fag, which is even funnier cause it just means they are just as bad as the ones they are condoning, ie they are the ones with the issue not the person they are saying is the problem. it's known as the pot calling the kettle black
OK. So. Where does the breeding come in, exactly?

Haddi

Feb 9, 2009
In real life, the only difference between me and a metrosexual is the fact that I don't care about my appearance. I act gay as hell, even though I'm not.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
I like chicks: Heterosexual. Anything else i do, be it act camp or use hair products does not sub-classify me. I am hetero. Its just a buzz word used by people who like to fit people into little easily marketed to boxes. I defy said box!

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
Metros honestly make me sick. If a guy spends more time in front of a mirror than most women then theres something wrong with him. Plus theres no fucking way one should be taking over as the new Doctor.
WHAT?! A METRO IS THE NEXT DOCTOR?! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for failure to do the quote properly it was Anonymouse