Poll: Minors Buying 18 rated video games.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
Never been asked myself as I am under 18 (although not far off) but I have never bothered to ask anyone. If the game is an 18 I go in and get my mom to buy it for me or buy it online through my dad's ebay (I pay him back). Thankfully my parents understand that I will not turn into a nazi-terrorist.

pilot inspektor

May 11, 2008
I'm 15 and i have the same strategy as you did when buying M-rated games, the thought of asking someone older to buy it for me never even crossed my mind. Though i did once bribe the cashier at blockbuster to sell me COD4. :p

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
"Oh no we must shelter the children!" I say if the kid can get away with buying the game, let em. I sure as hell did when I was under 17.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Meh, in Denmark, the age-req on games is a guideline and not an legaly enforced rule. So we don't have that problem here.

Once you're old enough to make your own money, theres not really anything stoppin gyou from buying "adult only" games. And your parents can prolly still punish you in many ways for it (no allowance, grounded, extra choirs etc), if they think it's bad for you.

But i've never experienced anything like it with other stuff either.

Even though alchohol is illegal untill you're 16 and tobacco till you're 18, i've never been asked by strangers to buy it for them.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
I'll buy stuff for my brother sometimes. That's all I'll do. I've never been approached like that, and honestly that's the first time I've heard of that. I probably wouldn't, if only to watch their faces grow more and more desperate.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Kids have it all these days. When I was young we had to walk uphill against freezing sandstorms to buy our games.

If a kid asks you to buy a game for him just take the money and beat it LOL thats what my older cousin did when some kids asked him to buy a case of beer. He took the money went in the store, (kids were around the corner so they don't look suspicious) and he came straight home with a hundred bucks haha. Wha are they going to say, 'hey he took my alcohol money!'

Mr Frogurt

Oct 12, 2008
I don't really mind buying games, as I myself used to be in that situation. What really grinds my gears, is when I walk down the street and 10, 13 year old chavs ask me to buy them booze and fags!
FUCK YOU I SAY!

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
If they ask me politely and hand me the money I'll hook them up...
But I'm the kind of guy that rewards good manners...

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
nobody here cares that much about game ratings. i have been asked to buy licor, i did it and was amused by the fact.

The_Ghost_Ninja

Dec 28, 2008
OP Is a Hypocrite /thread
Oh And I'm a 16, So the question doesn't apply. Also I just buy what I want, Call the cashier Lazy But The age thing never comes up

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I can't buy anything at my local Game (even 15s!) without ID - it's a pain in the arse. The first time I was told I had to have ID for a 15 (I am 15 by the way) I just look at the guy with an "you're not serious?" face on.

I was like 2/3 inches taller than him, and certainly look my age. My best mate's 16 and I certainly look as old as him. Stupid company policy - HMV don't care, although I've never tried getting an 18 myself from there as I get the feeling they'd say no in that case.

Chummychanga

Dec 7, 2009
I am only 14 and I play M rated games.. I showed my parents Assassin's Creed and told them, "There is no boobs, not too much cursing, and you DON'T go on a murderous rampage." And they let me get the first and second one. Well the second one is a little granted, but that's a different story for a different day. I own several M games secretly though. (Prototype, Saint's Row 2, GTA4, Left 4 Dead 1&2, etc. etc.)

I honestly see no problem with mature younger kids playing M games. Obviously I'm not going to give a 5 year old a Wii and a copy of Madworld and tell him to go nuts.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Funny thing is the MA15+ rating rarely gets enforced in Australia from what I've seen so I've never had anyone ask me to buy a game for them.

"How old are you son?"
"10!"
"10?! Damn, you're going to love GTA IV. Here you go! It's only a 5 year difference, shouldn't matter"

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I'm 15 and consider myself perfectly mature enough to play 18-rated games, though I don't feel quite ready to go against the schlong in Dante's Inferno. I do feel sorry for you guys having to hear our whiny, pubescent voices though.

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
It pisses me off, not just because i hate all people under 18, but also because children playing 18+ games just adds to the fire by anti-game politicians etc, which enrages me, just wait till youre 18 ok!

Badger01

May 20, 2009
i think the whole rating thing is bull shit any way, (up to about 15 ish any way, i mean what the fuck, you can drive a car befor you can by a certain game/dvd ??!!?)

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
I've been playing M-rated games like Turok since I was very young. Still, I know they're not for kids. At least, now I do.

Dusquad

Sep 3, 2009
When I was 14 I setup a system with my local gamestop where I would just walk in and buy M games. No ID, no questions, no hassle. They had what I wanted and I had what they wanted. It was a good system.