Poll: MMOs of 2012

HusaneFatal

Mar 19, 2008
If Diablo 3 counts as a MMO that is definitely my top pick if not it'll be between Guild Wars 2 or Firefall

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
s69-5 said:
[HEADING=1]Blade & Soul[/HEADING]​

Pretty much makes Bioware's stiff looking turd look even stiffer. Hopefully we will finally see this one in 2012...
If nothing else, watch the fight at 3:48​
Interesting... I have never heard of it, but if I were to ever play a Japanese MMO, this would be it.

However, that will not be, for I will instead be spending most of my days with GW2, as it has impressed me the most so far.

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
The secret world is the most interesting to me, since I think secrets, mysteries, and discoveries are the most exciting thing in an MMO. Unlike single player games, where people post all the secrets online right away, MMO players tend to guard their discoveries, because knowledge other players lack is power, and because the developers can never be trusted (nerfs). Secrets lead to a need for trust, and trust leads to friendships; although there will always be betrayal as well.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The Old Republic, followed closely by Secret World. Guild Wars 2 is overrated, but still comes in third place for me.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
s69-5 said:
Chase Yojimbo said:
Interesting... I have never heard of it, but if I were to ever play a Japanese MMO, this would be it.

However, that will not be, for I will instead be spending most of my days with GW2, as it has impressed me the most so far.
It's actually Korean.

GW2 looks cool. I didn't mind GW1 but was not much a fan of the oppressive level cap. Though solo'ing "Cap Son" on the tutorial isle was epic - lots of bait, lure, kill, run to different entry point, rinse, repeat...
Well GW2 isn't anything like that:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.236131-All-yours-Guild-Wars-2-Information-Topic-Final-Class-Mesmer-12-14-2011?page=1

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Probably the only one I'll end up getting is GW2 because of the lack of monthly fees.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Neither.
I'm fine with LOTRO as it is. Trying to get away from MMOs to be honest. Spent the past six years being a slave to them.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I'm looking forward to TOR the most, but GW2 is more my price range. Don't care much for Secret World...not much of a Korean MMO fan

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Im looking personally towards the secret world myself. Whether its good or not is completely up for debate, but im hopeful...

Jun 11, 2008
I'll be getting Guild Wars 2 and maybe trying ToR but not for long as I am not paying subs. That is my own choice and I don't know if I am willing to invest the time in 1 game for the sub to be worth it. Although I am probably a little biased given my position in a certain group.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to GW2 and Secret World looks really interesting. I just hope that Secret World is as good and as fun as what the trailers and whatnot has indicated.

But GW2 I know I will be getting and playing a lot of that.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
All of them, although Tera and TSW, while they do look good are the most likely to suck. Already playing SWTOR.

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
AnotherAvatar said:
Now if only I didn't get kicked and then forced to que so often. -_-

Still, when it's working like it should it's something to behold.
That sounds like the REALLY early beta for Hellgate: Global...from what I had heard in the game for the first week, that's somewhat normal for the early beta stages. Assuming EA and whoever else is making the game don't completely screw it up, you should quit having that issue in about a week or two.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I'm probably not going to play it any time soon, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for The Secret World.

(Pity no-one's making a single player RPG in that sort of setting; Bloodlines is fantastic, but I basically know it by heart at this point.)

RookwoodX

May 15, 2011
GW2 for me. I was in Kamadan in 2007 when Gaile Gray first announced it. She said they would be having beta in 2008, lawlz.

I was really active on the SW:TOR boards when they first launched but after a while I could tell that they were just going to make a WoW clone with a Bioware story on it. I love Bioware but I hate WoW's gameplay so I lost interest.

Tera looks like a faster paced Aion to me :/ Sorry, I've seen this one before. It's not gonna sell to a Western audience.

I've only read a little on The Secret World. Looks promising, be interested to see where it goes from here.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Tera looks very interesting. I'd love to have direct combat in an MMORPG - I enjoy the MMO concept in general but I hate hotkey based combat.

Christopher Kuppers

Nov 21, 2011
I WILL play GW2 without question.
1. off all because I played GW classic and had a lot of fun with it and also becuase breaking the menotomy of boring grindy quests is really interesting. Plus the combat looks very dynamic and visually exiting.
I propably won't play another MMO next to GW2 but if its entire design team would be struck down by lightning I would take a look at TERA because the combat looks really interesting.
I don't know about TSW because making a modern world MMO is really tough since missing realism in such a game would be bad while fantasy MMOs can excuse it because it's just a fantasy.
SWTOR looks jusdt like a generic MMO in a sci-fi setting and while I had fun with WoW at the time I do NOT need another one.

1.GW2
2.TERA/TSW
3.SWTOR