Poll: Mortality.

Benn_Walden

Jul 3, 2010
It has occurred to me that some people would opt. out of being Immortal. Would you be immortal if you could?
No sickness
infinite life
completely invincible
No kill switch.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Immortal. I probably will have a little down-phase for a century or two. But in the end things like that form character.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Being immortal will get exceedingly boring eventually. Then again, the human brain has a limited capacity to store memories. In a couple of thousand years you'll probably have forgotten a lot of things that you can happily go do again.

Then again, when the universe starts coming apart into loose atoms, I think it's time to throw the killswitch.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Preferably immortal with a killswitch, but it's not a deal breaker. I'd be perfectly happy with just immortality as long as it pretty much stops aging.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
What's there to even consider if you can choose to be immortal with a killswitch? Get every good thing of immortality without the whole "Forced to watch the universe eventually decay into nothing and then float forever in an empty void without release" -thing. Hell, even if you're planning on peacefully pasing away at the age of 80 to 90 or so, you can still just take the immortality. See what it's like, see if your plans have changed by that time. If so, live a few hundred years more a
So all in all, immortality with a killswitch all the way. Doesn't hinder actually ceasing to be when you're ready in any way, but has all the good sides of living as long as you want and achieving everything you could hope to achieve.

On a sidenote, would the immortality basically suspend my body into what it is now? Since that would be kind of a bummer because I'm hideously out of shape and finally working out again. I'd eternally be a fat tubby in that case, no matter how much I try to get my muscles to grow.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Can I choose youth insted? Like, I stay looking about 25 for as long as I live? If not immortal with a killswitch.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
If it just me, immortal with a kill switch, as once the human race goes extinct life would become boring...

If everyone had the choice however, I'd go for mortal as if everyone became immortal, reproduction would have to stop to keep the population from increasing indefinitely. I'd rather live in a world with a finite lifespan but a constant turn-over of generations to let new people live and experience the world for themselves rather be stuck in a freeze-frame world where no-one is born, ages or dies.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
It depends, in what form does this killswitch manifest itself? Is it built-in? Is it in another room? If in a room, how do I stop someone else from throwing it? THE LOGISTICS OF THIS OPTION ARE INCOMPREHENSIBLE.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Immortality...I'd be worried about ending up being buried alive, or stuck at the bottom of the seabed in a few centuries. Yeah.

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
I'd rather be immortal in soul-form: like being able to navigate and experience infinite realities freely. Even then I'd probably want the option to disperse at some point.

But immortal with only a human body and it's limitations in this world? Meh, I suppose that wouldn't be too bad assuming we invented space travel - but would definitely need the kill switch in that case most likely.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Immortal with a kill switch. The Highlander, basically. It gets me a free sword too.

Immortality is a tricky super power. You have friends and family you outlive, you'll always be the creepy uncle/aunt who visits on holidays and if you mess things up you will be there when the sun blows up.

Plus, I consider the present time as a bad one to become immortal. A lot of interesting things happened in the past that would have been nice to see which is more than you can say about this day and age.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Immortal with a kill switch obviously.
I want to try some crazy ass sh*t, but once I'm fed up I need a way out.

Reliq

Nov 25, 2009
Benn_Walden said:
It has occurred to me that some people would opt. out of being Immortal. Would you be immortal if you could?
No sickness
infinite life
completely invincible
No kill switch.
Check out the movie "The man from earth" think youĀ“ll like it :)

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I would definitely be immortal, as long as the killswitch was included. There's no way I want to outlast the Earth.
Imagine making bets on jumping off buildings and living. Hell, if no pain is included, I could clean up the world's scum.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Yes.

To me, concionuess is life, that's what should be valued. I'd put up with anything to have it. Though if there is an afterlife, then i wouldn't have to worry about it then.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
"Immortal, if it had a kill switch"

I'd say immortality would get pretty boring at some point...

Dieter Meyer

Jan 14, 2011
I take 1x Immortality with no kill switch thank you very much.

I'm afraid that if I had a kill switch I'd feel sad some day and use it and I know I would regret it "later".

Like Jabberwock xeno I'd also put up with ALOT in order to be immortal.