Poll: Most Kickass Sniping Weapon

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
a VSS is a silenced, rapid fire (If set to be) Russian sniper rifle that can be split into 3 bits... WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT IN A SNIPER RIFLE!!?

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Proteus214 said:
Zombie Badger said:
Gentlemen, I have you beat. The Farsight XR-20 from Perfect Dark. One-hit kill anywhere, fires through walls, sees through walls, shoots through walls and aims for you through walls.
Maybe not the most badass, but most certainly the most cheesy.
How is that cheesy? Raining alien death down on your enemies from afar is the very definition of badass.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
sasquatch99 said:
Scoped Springfield in CoD: Waw.
I'm unstoppable with that...until about 6 grenades fly at me.
If I use any scoped weapon on WaW it's the M1 Grand w/ scope... I love that gun.

Anywho, I chose the Fallout 3 niper... taking off body parts is what won me over.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
The sniper rifle in Fallout 3 felt severely underpowered, along with the sawed-off.

Probably the battle rifle, I guess.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Ugh. Poll has no bolt-action guns.

Screw technical engineering making it obsolete. I like the *SNAP* of rechambering it to blow someone else's head away.

Sutiiven

Nov 21, 2008
Katana314 said:

Screw technical engineering making it obsolete. I like the *SNAP* of rechambering it to blow someone else's head away.
Cheers to that. Besides, realistically bolt action weapons are more accurate. That's not to say that semi-auto one's are bad, but when you can pull the trigger twice in rapid succession you don't have to worry as much about proper aiming. I've seen people in Halo waste an entire clip of sniper ammo just to kill one target.

Call me a purist but I'm all for the "One Shot, One Kill" school of sniper philosophy.

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
FarSight XR-20, Perfect Dark.

If your sniper poll doesn't have this weapon, you fail.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
A bow. Since that's not available, the Bat. Rifle. Easily one of my favorite weapons in Halo 2.

Edit:

Ninja_X said:
FarSight XR-20, Perfect Dark.

If your sniper poll doesn't have this weapon, you fail.
Also, this.

Prince monkey

May 21, 2009
I know it isn't on the poll but I think that the Lincoln Repeater on fallout 3 kicks ass. You can take an Enclaves head off at nine hundred yards man....

m15t4k3n

Sep 8, 2009
Zombie Badger said:
Gentlemen, I have you beat. The Farsight XR-20 from Perfect Dark. One-hit kill anywhere, fires through walls, sees through walls, shoots through walls and aims for you through walls.
Amen.

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
The 25MM XM109 pwns you..

Anyone else going to admit that they played Advanced Warfighter on the ORIGINAL Xbox just to use that particular weapon?

That gun was a beast..it fired rounds that dwarfed the .50Cal..

Shynobee

Apr 16, 2009
Dude, you forgot the Scoped .44 Magnum from Fallout, especially the Blackhawk!!! That gun is the best sniper EVA!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//6/6e/44SCOPEDMAGNUM.png

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
Zombie Badger said:
vrbtny said:
Zombie Badger said:
Hmmm that sounds too good 2 be true.
If it's all right with u i think i'll leave that out.
Just check on Gamefaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/198275/7818

Search for 'Farsight XR-20' to find it.
best gun ever, hold B for tracking mode

hello instant death

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Katana314 said:

O RLY?..Have you looked at the M40A3? It's based on a Remington 700 BOLT action...

Bungalow

Apr 15, 2009
Ha, I see my English co-patriot has already mentioned the L96.

As far as i know it's not in any games. Possibly a R6 game pre vegas?