Poll: Mugging

Beardly

Jan 19, 2010
SnootyEnglishman said:
I have yet to be mugged but i always have a trusty little pocket blade just in case.
I have knife that I never take anywhere with me. For some reason I'm more afraid of a cop pulling me over or stopping me, finding out I have a knife and arresting me than I am of getting mugged.

megalomania

Apr 14, 2009
So everyone seems to have been mugged in different circumstances so I thought I would elaborate on mine slightly - it was within literally 25 feet of my front door. The neighborhood is rough but I have never to this night felt unsafe in it because I live almost on the main road. The guy, I guess, was unarmed and approached me from behind. He was obviously a douchebag (of course I assume all muggers are douches but my experience in the area is limited!).

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i killed him and threw him in a ditch. i was four. actually, i have never been mugged, however, i have so much bottled up anger if i was i would attack him.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Well i reverse mugged someone...the guy came round from the corner with a knife, said "This is simple, your wallet or your life". As to which i let my instincts+years of fighting do its thing, and in what was literally a couple of seconds, the guy was unarmed and on the floor. I call this a reverse mugging because i looked back at him writhing on the floor and said "Ill put this simply, your wallet or your life." He didnt have a wallet. He gave 200 in cash and then i took out my shades and continued walking.

I always imagined he'd have company or a gun and that id pull off something youd see in a Jet Li or Tony Jaa film but eh, what are you gonna do?

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
he cut my leg. left a badass scar. i would have fought back, but my dog did that for me. GOOD BOY <3

Nov 12, 2008
He found that bringing a knife to a gun fight is not a good idea, the dude just vannished the second he saw the bore of that gun. Whould I have shot him? The short answer is yes.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I like to think I would react in the same manner as the OP, but I'll never know unless I get mugged. And in upper middle class suburbia, that is extremely unlikely.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I've never been mugged, realistically I'd probably react submissively, but I'd actually hope to react in the manner the OP did... except I'd probably try to kill the guy, or beat him within an inch of his life.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
I've been mugged twice - the first time due to fright and the fact he held a knife at me I was pretty submissive and gave him everything he demanded. The second incident was different as this mugger threatened my girlfriend who I was walking home, so I handed his arse to him and the encounter ended with my girlfriend having to try to force me off the bastard because I was holding him down on train tracks.

Kalfira

Feb 14, 2010
The only time I have had anything attempted to be taken was when I was in middle school. My grade school bully caught me unaware and took my folder full of pokemon. Now before you make fun of me keep in mind this was like a decade ago. After this event I litearlly chased him up and down the halls in full sprint. When I finally caught him I jumped on him and beat the living snot out of him. But hey, everyones different. Maybe that's why I want to be a cop.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
I have been mugged and I reacted completely differently to how I thought I would in such a situation.

I was with a friend who had developed a shady contact in order to score some weed. I didn't like the look of him so I decided to go along. We went with the guy to the train station nearby where he said he would be able to collect it from his "mates car". I was really suspicious of him and wanted to turn back, but he kept talking to us and eventually I decided he was probably alright.

We arrived and after waiting for a very long time for the car in a field beside the station I went to relieve myself of bodily fluids (nature calls). While I was doing my business in a sheltered area, I looked over my shoulder and saw the shady guy, doing what looked like an exchange with my friend. I was confused because the car hadn't arrived yet and when I got over he turned around with my friends wallet and a knife in his hand.

I was eerily calm and didn't expect it of myself. He demanded my phone, and I just handed it over (It was shit and half broken anyway and I was getting a new one that Christmas), then he went off with ?25 of my friends money and my phone. The fucker ran so fast. Got to give him his due though, he really outwitted us, even if he did have a weapon. I was just surprised that I didn't scream like a little girl. It was something to talk about afterwards at least.

Puzzles

Aug 9, 2009
In this thread, is so much BS.

I've been mugged once; I was 11 years old, and an Aboriginal and two stocky Lebanese dudes started following me. It was night, in a fairly bad part of the city, and I really shouldn't have been around there at that age, but I had to get home somehow and my parents couldn't pick me up.

They started chasing me and shouting to me, and were obviously faster, so I stopped and waited. They weren't armed that I saw, but they were about 7 years older than me. They pushed me about but didn't hit me.

I only had a few dollars for train fare. They got pissed but stole my subway sandwich that I was carrying. Then threw it away when they realised I had been eating it already.

I acted very submissively, and then walked off feeling ashamed. I didn't lose any money, but it made me feel like a little *****.

Which I was, I guess. Not much a pre-teen can do against a bunch of young adults.

Since then nothing mugging wise, but I've been jumped a few times by groups of guys and beaten for the hell of it. Sometimes I manage to beat some of them back, but to be honest, I'm usually outnumbered and I'm only average height.

My only shining moment of BS, is when my friends got bashed by a group of about 15 drunks. I ran outside and started a fight with them for some reason. Then I got punched in the side of the head.

I reached out blindly and grabbed the guy by the throat, since my vision went black from the punch. Then I kicked out his legs and punched him in the face repeatedly until he crumpled into a limp pile.

His friends came and carried him away, but they left afterwards without a fuss. Thankyou for listening to my story of retardation.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
No I have not been mugged. Probably because I have the size and looks of a Rugby player. And I pull of the "Don't F***ing mess with me" look.

If I were to be mugged? I'd probably do what they wanted. I'd like to think I could do something, but the whole "Pacifist" thing kind of defeats that.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
I had a couple of kids threaton me with a knife when I had just come back to the states. I still remember the looks on their faces when I reached into my jacket and pulled out my M9A1 it was fucking classic. New York is the only place where on the four year anniversery of 9/11 you would see someone try and mug a soldier.

flamingjimmy

Jan 11, 2010
I got mugged once, three guys approached me and some friends (yeah there were more of us but we were only about 14 or so and they were adults) and one of them had an extendable metal stick thing like the police which he was waving about like a madman. They demanded we hand over our phones, I reacted by lying and saying I didn't have a phone, they took my friends phones but then had an argument amongst themselves and gave them back. Then we just walked away, thinking it was over, but it wasn't. They called me out specifically, saying "you with the big coat! Come here"..

So like an idiot I didn't just keep walking away I went back, and my friends turned around too but they shouted at them to fuck off and waved the baton around again. Then when my friends went about 30 feet away or so they said these exact words:

"We ain't got no beef with you, and we wanna know why you is got beef with us?"

It sounds like a joke, something Ali G would say, I was a little confused. I said something along the lines of 'I don't have any beef with you, I just want to go home' and then I was punched hard in the face, then they all jumped me, and beat on me for about a minute (fortunately though, not with the metal stick!) until they noticed my mates banging on the windows of nearby houses, and they ran away.

I never even tried to hit them back, they were just drunken cowards picking on a kid, and it was in a nice neighborhood too! I still don't understand why they gave the phones back.