Poll: Music, artists, and blind devotion.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
Everyone who listens to music has their favorite artists, right?
When said artists releases an album, you buy/download it just because it's material they wrote, right?
Are there any music artists where you'd do this?

Mine are Meshuggah, Cradle of Filth, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, and Tool. If I see a new CD from any of those bands, I buy it without a second thought. How about The Escapist?

For other fans of Behemoth, who else loves Evangelion?

Silver Scribbler

Aug 5, 2009
I do buy music, I love having a really good CD collection, even just to admire from time to time.

Don't get much of a chance, my friends refuse to go CD shopping with me anymore, I can spend hours looking through them and not get bored. Hehe.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
I do that for System of a Down, but they are not making music right now. Other than them it is really only Serj Tankein.
I thought SOAD disbanded after Serj left. Or is that temporary?

somerandomguy76

Sep 6, 2008
I always buy music. I've only ever borrowed a few things from my friends and only things I never would have even considered buying myself.

I used to buy anything by Reel Big Fish. Then I finally admitted that they're slowly going downhill and I have yet to even listen to their latest album. I will buy whatever Streetlight Manifesto releases however. They're probably the most musically balanced band I've ever listened to outside of the jazz world.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
I do it for Dream Theater, although of course I will never by When Dream and Day Unite, because of the different singer, didn't like him. But yeah, For the most part if it has "Dream Theater" written on it, I'll like it (yes, I even liked Systematic Chaos).

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Tool, System of a Down (when they were releasing albums), Burden brothers (Toadies), A Perfect Circle, Opeth, KMFDM (oh yeah, that's right No Pity for the Majority!), Skinny Puppy (when they were together), Faith No More (please please please make something new!), and Chevelle to name a few...

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Yes I buy all my music, and by that I mean that I only buy CDs and that's it, I refuse to download music, free or sold.

Mercernary

Jun 28, 2009
Logic would dictate that if there is a band that I like, and I wanted to listen to their recently released album, that I would have to buy it.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Good lord, did everyone who doesn't buy music not read this post or did they just not post?

I don't see the point of buying music when you can get it for free...

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
bushwhacker2k said:
Good lord, did everyone who doesn't buy music not read this post or did they just not post?

I don't see the point of buying music when you can get it for free...
Buying the CD and music feels better on a CD or Vinyl than just downloading mp3s. It's difficult to explain.

I remember when I downloaded music from Limewire... oh how much I didn't care about albums...

MusicalFreedom

May 9, 2009
Aside from shopping online, which I don't really do, I can't reliably find the CDs of my favourite bands in the shops, so I just buy whatever I've heard of and hope that it's good. Fortunately, I'm almost always right.

Gotta say, though, I do like how I was able to get Darkthrone's Frostland Tapes and Dark Thrones and Black Flags pretty much in one purchase. That was a good day.