Poll: Muslim female "gang" beat up English women, but not jailed

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Only white people are capable of hate crimes! calling us racist slurs and gang beating the crap out of us is okay because of what our ancestors did 400 years ago and everyone is entitled to free rides for as long as we exist!

It's okay to target our people with terrorist attacks and burn our flags, but if WE burn their flag or so much as make a comment about their religion? our people presently in their country deserve to get kidnapped and beaten to death for it! after all, its only our friends and family! white culture and people are like cartoons, its okay to degrade us and have us unable to so much as question it because it would make us racist!

asacatman

Aug 2, 2008
Yeah, I'm not reading 8 pages of misinformation, so I'll just let Thom York express my opinion (mostly in metahpors and stuff, but you get the gist.) watch--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kRnA8BLrCg

P.S Not sure how to embed videos, can someone explain, please?

GBM

May 20, 2009
Right so I'm not going to go through the whole thing; but if I had to guess, I'd say that this isn't rally about them being muslims exactly.

Most (all?) common-law jurisdictions require four things for a crime; mens rea (a prohibited state of mind), actus reus (the actual act), causation and concurrence.

My guess is that the judge reasoned that the alcohol prevented them from being able to form the required state of mind. Generally speaking this isn't that big of an obstacle since obviously alcohol is something that a person voluntarily subjects themselves to. But if you're talking about someone who wasn't familiar with/prepared for the risks, it is sketchier to say that they brought it on themselves by drinking. Thus the appropriate thing would be to find them guilty of a lesser included.

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
<spoiler=MFW I saw it was Britain's Version of Fox News>http://i.imgur.com/aocjx.gif

Okay, I LOL'd, a little bit. Maybe I'm an ass. But finding England has it's own version of crazy people brought a tad smirk to my face, and the fact that the Escapist user base just showed their true forms just turned this thread into an epic shit storm of hilarity.

OT: Hope the victim in question makes a full recovery. And the court decision itself... It's just asinine. Religion should never be a factor when it comes to convicting criminals. But, we're people after all, someone's going to flip their shit on an issue. Weather it be this, or spilled milk and sometimes they have a bit of a pull politically. The best we can do is let it go, and move on.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Yeah english law is quite lenient towards muslim offenders, but when the boots on the other foot it's a different story. For example a muslim poppy burner got a £50 fine and a guy who spray painted a poppy on a mosque door got something like two years.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
boyvirgo666 said:
SonicWaffle said:
boyvirgo666 said:
You sure have apparently never had chocolate covered bacon, last time for me i woke up with my mouth covered in chocolate with 3 dead calfs and charles bronson
I have had a bar of chocolate with bacon bits in it!

It was fucking revolting! My ex bought it for me last Christmas, we ended up taking it home for dinner to see how many of my family we could trick into eating a piece. My mum nearly puked :p
Nah you gotta make it fresh with good chocolate. its amazing, i can see how that bar would suck, dried bacon in cheap chocolate would be awful.
Well, there's also the fact that it wasn't really bacon or chocolate; it was imported from the USA, and thus made from both their nasty-ass chocolate and their fucking weird bacon.

Perhaps a combination of Danepak and Dairy Milk would be a winner?
Heh i live in america and i know what you mean. That stuff is just terrible. Theres great bacon here but they dont put it in stuff like that.
I myself used bitter dark chocolate last time i did it but dairy milk would work nicely too, it depends on the type you like.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
Yeah english law is quite lenient towards muslim offenders, but when the boots on the other foot it's a different story. For example a muslim poppy burner got a £50 fine and a guy who spray painted a poppy on a mosque door got something like two years.
Other than this not really having anything to do with their religion, and more to do with mitigating circumstance, yea, this is totally Muslims being treated better than white people.

I mean, why else would someone who was committing criminal damage, which is likely to also be racially motivated, get a longer sentence than someone who was committing a minor case of public disorder or harassment? Those crimes are totally the same!

*facepalm*

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
GBM said:
Right so I'm not going to go through the whole thing; but if I had to guess, I'd say that this isn't rally about them being muslims exactly.

Most (all?) common-law jurisdictions require four things for a crime; mens rea (a prohibited state of mind), actus reus (the actual act), causation and concurrence.

My guess is that the judge reasoned that the alcohol prevented them from being able to form the required state of mind. Generally speaking this isn't that big of an obstacle since obviously alcohol is something that a person voluntarily subjects themselves to. But if you're talking about someone who wasn't familiar with/prepared for the risks, it is sketchier to say that they brought it on themselves by drinking. Thus the appropriate thing would be to find them guilty of a lesser included.
Thank you, another sensible person here on the Escapist!

The thing is, they still got found guilty of the original offence, that being assault occasioning actual bodily harm. They were also given the same sort of sentence anyone would be for a non-major first crime, a suspended sentence and (probably) community service and a fine.

There's not actually been any quotes or proof that the request for the alcohol consumption being counted as a mitigating circumstance was actually accepted as a mitigating circumstance - none of the parties involved (the judge, the defendants or the victim) have said that was the case.

So at the moment, all we have is a bunch of Muslim girls, who had got a bit drunk and committed a crime, being sentenced exactly the same as anyone else would in the same circumstances.

It's the Daily "HATE IMMIGRANTS" Mail that is turning this into 'news'. Without them making it be about race or religion, it's not news-worthy in the slightest - these sorts of things happen every day, and the sentences get dished out exactly the same, and the papers, and majority of people, couldn't give a damn about it.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
Unfortunately some judges are soft and don't give those who are clearly guilty proper punishment. WHERE ARE YOU JUDGE DREDD!

P.S. My parents own a shop so we get all the papers and I wouldn't trust anything that is written in the Guardian or the Mirror. Except Charlie Brooker. He's hilarious.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
So this means when I get shit-faced on my 18/21st birthday depending on where I live, I can get away with doing anything because I haven't done it before?
Huh, didn't know about that rule...

Mictarmite

Nov 5, 2011
Rule of thumb; if it's featured on the sun/daily mail/other tabloids, you should definitely look more into it before getting agitated, i mean just a couple of days ago the daily mail completely mis-quoted the red cross, saying that they believed 'playing FPSs = war-crimes'!

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
this isnt my name said:
Tourette said:
It's one law for us and one law for them as no-one wants to upset them as they all get irate and start rioting. Most of the worlds violent hotspots today are Muslim countries and it seems to be spreading.
I am worried what kind of world my kids will be living in when they are grown up.
I didnt want kids anyway.But shit like this adds extra reason to never have kids. Seriously imagine this when they have more muslims moving in and musims having kids.

It funny they leave shithole ountires like Somalia, Iran and Saudi and then turn other countires into shitholes lke them. On the bright side, they (people causing this) wont have anywhere to run and will be trapped in the horrible world they made. They made their bed the sleep in it.
Or image if there were more people like me, a British woman who converted to Islam! *shock horror* and who didn't convert because of marriage!! What horror will occur if I ever have children? Surely we will take over the whole of Europe and throw the whole world into chaos!!!!

Seriously, get a fucking life. I really don't see how Muslims are affecting you any different to any other person from any other race or religion.

If anything, Muslims are the people with their heads most screwed on. You know why? Because Islam teaches tolerance. You can't take everything that happens because of an extremist as being a reflection of all Muslims. And you can't take one very twisted news story as evidence that the whole world is shit just because Muslims exist.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
In my experience, racism only seems to work if the offender is Caucasian. If a group of white women had done the same thing (that is, make racist remarks to somebody of a different ethnicity then proceed to beat them until authorities arrived), no lawyer could save them. It'd be labelled a hate-crime and they'd be sentenced immediately and probably charged more severely than these women were going to be.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Girl With One Eye said:
this isnt my name said:
Tourette said:
It's one law for us and one law for them as no-one wants to upset them as they all get irate and start rioting. Most of the worlds violent hotspots today are Muslim countries and it seems to be spreading.
I am worried what kind of world my kids will be living in when they are grown up.
I didnt want kids anyway.But shit like this adds extra reason to never have kids. Seriously imagine this when they have more muslims moving in and musims having kids.

It funny they leave shithole ountires like Somalia, Iran and Saudi and then turn other countires into shitholes lke them. On the bright side, they (people causing this) wont have anywhere to run and will be trapped in the horrible world they made. They made their bed the sleep in it.
Or image if there were more people like me, a British woman who converted to Islam! *shock horror* and who didn't convert because of marriage!! What horror will occur if I ever have children? Surely we will take over the whole of Europe and throw the whole world into chaos!!!!

Seriously, get a fucking life. I really don't see how Muslims are affecting you any different to any other person from any other race or religion.

If anything, Muslims are the people with their heads most screwed on. You know why? Because Islam teaches tolerance. You can't take everything that happens because of an extremist as being a reflection of all Muslims. And you can't take one very twisted news story as evidence that the whole world is shit just because Muslims exist.
Do you know what Islam also teaches? That it's ok to discriminate and refuse entrance to all non-Muslims that wish to enter Mecca, regardless of how many times the non-Muslim tells them that they will be respectful when they enter. Imagine how Muslims would act if us Jews said that nobody but us can enter Mecca or visit the Dome of the Rock? Religious Muslims would flip out over it and there would be mass protest. Just look at what happened when Israel tried to rebuild a bridge, religious Muslims flipped out. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Volf99 said:
Do you know what Islam also teaches? That it's ok to discriminate and refuse entrance to all non-Muslims that wish to enter Mecca, regardless of how many times the non-Muslim tells them that they will be respectful when they enter. Imagine how Muslims would act if us Jews said that nobody but us can enter Mecca or visit the Dome of the Rock? Religious Muslims would flip out over it and there would be mass protest. Just look at what happened when Israel tried to rebuild a bridge, religious Muslims flipped out. What a bunch of hypocrites.
I believe that's more to do with government than religion, if Muslims are such hypocrites then why are non-muslims allowed in any mosque?

Also, this is not a debate on religion - I think you have missed the point of this thread.

And I think this person has pretty much answered it:

ravensheart18 said:
But that's probably just BS from the paper. Here are the actual facts...

1) They were convicted and found GUILTY so they were not just let off (read other posts on what suspended sentence actually means)
2) It is common in the UK (and many countries) for people of all religions and races to be given a suspended sentence on a first offense, especially when they plead guilty as happenned here, in an attempt to give people a second chance and turn them around.
3) The only published quote from the Judge (in the Sun) referred to a mitigating sentencing factor being that they may have had some reasonable belief that they the BF's response was excessive and that agrevated the situation
4) There are NO quotes from the court, the judgement, or the judge even mentioning ethnicity or religion. We know that was a mitigating factor the defense put forward, but in such sitations you put everything you can think of forward and hope something sticks. It doesn't mean it was accepted by the court

The entire headline is designed to be sensational but it is without any evidence backing up the fact that anything like that actually happenned. Basically it likely people who believe that headline are being suckers.
I'm just me. I'm not part of any global conspiracy, I'm not trying to take over your country and frankly I don't care about you! Leave me alone to get on with my life and I'll return the favour.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Girl With One Eye said:
Volf99 said:
I believe that's more to do with government than religion, if Muslims are such hypocrites then why are non-muslims allowed in any mosque?

Also, this is not a debate on religion - I think you have missed the point of this thread.

And I think this person has pretty much answered it:

ravensheart18 said:
I'm just me. I'm not part of any global conspiracy, I'm not trying to take over your country and frankly I don't care about you! Leave me alone to get on with my life and I'll return the favour.
To my knowledge(which isn't a great deal) Islam doesn't prohibit non-Muslims from entering a Mosque, BUT ISLAM does state that I (a Jew/non-Muslim)can not enter Mecca. Here is a source that clearly states that it is not just Saudi Arabian law that prohibits non-Muslims from entering Mecca, it is also in the Koran that non-Muslims can not enter Mecca.

http://islam.about.com/od/hajj/f/mecca.htm

I never accused you or Islam/Muslims of being part of "any global conspiracy, [or] trying to take over your country", so I don't even know why you typed that.

As for the subject of this thread, it was you who shifted it towards the subject of religion when you stated, "If anything, Muslims are the people with their heads most screwed on. You know why? Because Islam teaches tolerance". I just commented on your post, to point out how insulting and absurd your comment was.

Finally, off topic but to your comment, "Seriously, get a fucking life. I really don't see how Muslims are affecting you any different to any other person from any other race or religion", let me once again point out the "situation" in Jerusalem where there is a Mosque on the most sacred place in Judaism on earth and as a result, in order to accommodate religious Muslims and the Waqf, all non-Muslim prayer is banned. You see, this sort of thing doesn't usually come up with most Christians/Hindus/Sikhs/ect. So to be clear, Islam/Muslims do affect Jews in a very specific way that all other religions do not.

Here is a link to touches on the banning of all non-Muslim prayer (skip to the bottom of the page that see what I'm referring to):

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=376925

EDIT: I corrected a couple mistakes in my typing