Poll: Muslim female "gang" beat up English women, but not jailed

Sangreal Gothcraft

Feb 28, 2011
The judge Must be STUPID to not see the Bodily harm, serious put those law breakers in jail, just because you are Miniority does not mean you can go around and break the law..

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sober Thal said:
Why do people take things like the The Sun, Daily Mail, and Huffington Post seriously, yet bash FOX News?

I'll just never understand some people I guess.
Partially because Americans don't understand the tabloid thing in the UK, partially because FALSE EQUIVALENCE FALLACY FOR THE WIN!

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Volf99 said:
Here is the article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html
I can't find this in any non-tabloid source that doesn't cite one of the two tabloids running with it.

Maybe you should hold off foaming at the mouth until then?
A few people have said that because its the Daily Mail, it's not credible. Why is that? I'm not familiar with the site so idk what kind of reputation it has.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
If the victims had been men, regardless of the credibility of the story, 90% of the responses to the topic would be crying sexism, and how women are allowed to get away with violence against men. It's too bad both parties were of the same sex, preventing us from spouting that society favours women like so much misinformed diarrhea. Now we can pretend the justice system favours Muslims instead.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
metsplayer1 said:
Ugh. I'm Jewish and that's like me getting off of murder by saying "I killed that hooker because I'm not used to eating pork. I mean, what the hell?
I...I just...Sir, if you would please step this way and claim your prize. You have won the internet, forever.

Brinnmilo

Mar 18, 2009
Volf99 said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Volf99 said:
Here is the article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html
I can't find this in any non-tabloid source that doesn't cite one of the two tabloids running with it.

Maybe you should hold off foaming at the mouth until then?
A few people have said that because its the Daily Mail, it's not credible. Why is that? I'm not familiar with the site so idk what kind of reputation it has.
Basically unless it is from the BBC, ITV or Channel 4 news, you take it with a pinch of salt because British tabloids approach the truth and sales figures in a rather interesting way.

Edit: similar to the way people interpret FOX "news" I guess.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Volf99 said:
It's a tabloid, in both the literal and pejorative sense. It's also a far right right which has been notable for libel suits and deception.

If you're not familiar with a site, you might not want to run with outrage at the stories reported.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
It's because pretty much every Daily Mail headline is some variation of "WILL HOODIES GIVE OUR PENSIONERS CANCER?". It's small-town right-wing "It's them bloody foreigners, innit?" mentality distilled into newspaper form.

Sordak

Oct 5, 2010
well thats rediculous if its true but it is daily mail so it is probably made up...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
ravensheart18 said:
thaluikhain said:
Volf99 said:
how can that be racist, their defense was because of Islam, not because of their race/ethnicity
True, though too many people use "Middle East" and "Islam" interchangably nowdays.

The title does specify the victim being white though, that's what I was getting at, though it might have been better to say islamophobia.
Really? And here I thought Jews, Christians, Baha'i, non religious people, and others lived there too.
I take it you're not a Daily Mail reader.

Zenkem

May 3, 2009
I find it most distressing that they got away with this solely because they were muslims. European countries are bending over backwards in their case to the point that you can't talk about isolated cases anymore. This isn't being politically correct, this is unfair to everyone and seeding more bitterness than the crimes themselves.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
I lost intrest in the article as soon as I saw it was in the Daily Mail. I am going to predict next weks headline: Muslims Give you Cancer.

weirdsoup

Jul 28, 2010
The Daily Mail is an immensely reactionary news paper who are not beyond making things up or ignoring important facts or mis-quoting people regarding stories.

One of their big things is that every year around this time, without fail, they will dredge up the story of "Winterville". What this was was a selection of public events held in Birmingham, but the Daily Fail insisted that this was an attempt to rename Christmas to "not offend Muslims" even though it had nothing to do with that.

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
Cool, I'll go drink some beer and beat up some neighbors. It's not like I'm used to being drunk.
Stay classy England.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
We are being dragged backwards, 30+ years ago we had racially motivated rioting - the economy is making it so freaking appealing to loot stuff, that I think it's a matter of time before we have a big problem with racism in the UK.

Thing is, I can understand why - things are so shitty here for pretty much everyone - but we have massive amounts of taxpayers money going to people who haven't contributed a single thing to this country. We pay well over the odds in tax... tax our income, then tax everything that we buy, and tax our houses, tax our cars and tax the bit of road under the car... then hand an asylum seeker a cheque to cover their winter heating bills, while the elderly stay at risk of hypothermia because their pensions can't cut it.
Add hostile actions on either party, and things will get much worse, very quickly.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Buzz Killington said:
It's because pretty much every Daily Mail headline is some variation of "WILL HOODIES GIVE OUR PENSIONERS CANCER?". It's small-town right-wing "It's them bloody foreigners, innit?" mentality distilled into newspaper form.
Or as we Americans call it, "fair and balanced."

Zenkem said:
I find it most distressing that they got away with this solely because they were muslims.
Yes, that's the most distressing part of this likely false story.